PDA

View Full Version : for Bob

LauraP
April 19th, 2016, 01:28 PM
Just read all the posts concerning Bob's depression and I got to thinking (dangerous, I know).
What is the funniest movie you've watched? Book? Joke?
I remember watching Patch Adam's starring Robin Williams and thinking how that doctor was absolutely right.
What's your "go to" for when you need a pick me up?
Oh, what about Bill Cosby's early routines..Hey Noah!

JCY
April 19th, 2016, 07:58 PM
Haven't watched it for a long time, but Mad Mad World is hilarious. We also liked Mrs. Doubtfire with Robin Williams.

jjkaiser
April 19th, 2016, 08:57 PM
Fargo, Best in Show, 9 to 5, Mr Mom, any Vacation movie with Chevy Chase.

jjkaiser
April 19th, 2016, 08:58 PM
For TV shows you can't beat the casting and all the laughs in Everybody Loves Raymond.

KPH
April 19th, 2016, 09:02 PM
One of my favorites.. It was a John Wayne movie... I think the McLintocks... that fight scene with Maureen O'Hara in the mud. It makes me just howl.

redcaboose1717
April 19th, 2016, 09:09 PM
I love M*A*S*H......There's a lot of laughter in that show.....of course it helps if you have either been in the service or married to someone in the service to understand some of the things that go on on that show. I just finished watching 2 episodes of M*A*S*H not more than an hour ago.
I also love to watch Everyone Loves Raymond, and the Carol Burnett Show. Here in Michigan we have two awesome channels on the TV that show nothing but "old" TV shows.....Atenna TV and METV ......of course Hallmark Channel shows some older 50-60's shows such as I love Lucy etc.
Laughter is the best medicine I believe.....

meliswan
April 19th, 2016, 09:31 PM
Airplane and Blues Brothers make me laugh the way through. Oh, Money Pit! When the bathtub falls through the ceiling I nearly wet myself from laughing!

LauraP
April 19th, 2016, 09:42 PM
I like trading places, bringing up baby with Cary Grant and Katherine Hepburn. I can listen to Ray Stevens and Jeff Foxworthy anytime. Jeff Dunham if you don't mind the raunchy bits.

Ginny B
April 19th, 2016, 10:17 PM
Oh my gosh so many shows come to mind but one that never fails to make me laugh out loud is the Carol Burnett Show.

CraftHer
April 19th, 2016, 10:18 PM
O Brother Where Art Thou. "It's a fool that looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart".
Blazing Saddles
Princess Bride

jjkaiser
April 19th, 2016, 10:59 PM
Oh the Money Pit!! I forgot that one, it was sooooo funny!

CraftySweetPeas
April 19th, 2016, 11:59 PM
My favorite at this point in my life is Rat Race....enjoyed it sooo much that I misplaced DVD #1, so replaced it. Loaned or lost that one...it's a joke with everybody that I've purchased this movie 6 times. And the ONE copy we have is in the wine cabinet so I always will know where it is and nobody else will find it/loan it out. Just sayin'....I could share with you, Bob....

Learner quilter
April 20th, 2016, 02:59 PM
Calamity Jane.. any Doris Day movie ...

auntiemern
April 20th, 2016, 10:57 PM
Let's see....City Slickers w/Billy Crystal, Analyze This w/ Billy Crystal (no not a huge BC fan) Major Payne w/Damon Wayons. Those are the first 3 that popped in my head. These 3 particular movies make me laugh til I cry.

Hulamoon
April 20th, 2016, 11:09 PM
All the Vacation movies are fun.

I'm sorry, but I wouldn't watch Bill Cosby if you paid me.

LauraP
April 21st, 2016, 01:06 AM
All the Vacation movies are fun.

I'm sorry, but I wouldn't watch Bill Cosby if you paid me.

I wouldn't watch him either but I remember back in the dark ages when I was a kid he had some records out. One of them had a routine about him as Noah talking to God about building the ark and another was about him and his brother Russell spreading jello on the floor so the monsters couldn't get them. Those were back in the days when he didn't cuss and wasn't raunchy.
Sure don't like his routines now or his actions. Hard to believe he was the beloved Jello guy.

Hulamoon
April 21st, 2016, 02:21 AM
I wouldn't watch him either but I remember back in the dark ages when I was a kid he had some records out. One of them had a routine about him as Noah talking to God about building the ark and another was about him and his brother Russell spreading jello on the floor so the monsters couldn't get them. Those were back in the days when he didn't cuss and wasn't raunchy.
Sure don't like his routines now or his actions. Hard to believe he was the beloved Jello guy.

I'm not refering to his acting or stand up.

Carol336
April 21st, 2016, 07:19 AM
I always get a good belly laugh out of The Golden Girls.....especially the episode where they are in the drug store and decide to buy condoms for an upcoming cruise.......too funny!!!!

My sisters and I always loved the movie Seven Brides for Seven Brothers - not the best movie out there but filled with wonderful memories of happy times with my sisters.

Iris Girl
April 21st, 2016, 07:40 AM
any of the vacation movies with Chevy Chase, Pirates of the Caribbean love Johnny Depp. Seinfeld , Friends those always make me feel good.

redcaboose1717
April 21st, 2016, 08:34 AM
Although I mentioned M*A*S*H shows, I love movies such as any Doris Day movie, I thought Grumpy Old Men was funny. The Money Pit was absolutely hilarious. I also thought the Steve Martin movie ( with Diane Keaton ) Father Of The Bride was a good movie too.
There's so many awesome movies out there to put a smile on your face and make you think about happier times !

Lorie....I agree with you about Bill Cosby......I don't know what made me think about him years ago, but I told my DH Terry that I thought things weren't the way things "looked" as far as Bill Cosby during the time he had the TV show.....Everyone in my family at the time thought I was nuts...of course they don't think that now.

Angelia
April 21st, 2016, 10:59 AM
I second "O Brother, Where Art Thou."

lmanna
April 21st, 2016, 11:19 AM
My fav comedy sitcom -> Seinfeld !!! I also remember laughing a lot at My Big Fat Greek Wedding.

Cool Breeze Quilter
April 21st, 2016, 03:19 PM
An oldie but goodie is The God's Must Be Crazy. I saw this movie a long time ago and was just talking to someone about it. It would be fun to get my hands on it and watch it again.

Jean Sewing Machine
April 21st, 2016, 03:27 PM
I second "O Brother, Where Art Thou."

I love that movie!

Jean Sewing Machine
April 21st, 2016, 03:27 PM
An oldie but goodie is The God's Must Be Crazy. I saw this movie a long time ago and was just talking to someone about it. It would be fun to get my hands on it and watch it again.
This was so funny, wish I had a copy of it to watch again!

Midge
April 21st, 2016, 04:27 PM
Got to dig through my CD collection. You guys have made me want to watch those funny movies I haven't seen in awhile. The Vacation movies (not an endorsement of Chevy Chase's off screen behavior), any Mel Brooks movie, Young Frankenstein, Blazing Saddles, High Anxiety (yes! about psychiatry), Robin Hood - Men in Tights especially. O - and my all time fave, The Producers. All laugh out loud worthy. Also Airplane! and just about any Naked Gun movie. Leslie Nielsen as Detective Frank Drebin is one of the best! Looney! Planes, Trains and Automobiles with Steve Martin and John Candy. Yes, I like The Jerk too. Roxanne, Three Amigos, all funny. If you look for something newer, Heat with Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy is a bit profane, but a great odd couple comedy. Agree with others Brother Where Art Thou is definitely a newer classic. With the bonus of a great soundtrack!

WendyI
April 21st, 2016, 05:13 PM
The Money Pit is one of my all time favs and it takes a LOT to make me laugh. Home Alone (the first one only) kills me. Oh and Dennis the Menace. Hilarious!