PDA

View Full Version : Monday, Monday

Blondie
April 18th, 2016, 05:51 AM

Hello Folksies!

Happy Monday! Hope that your weekend was as super duper as you are. Our weekend here in my little part of The Hill was pleasant enough with lovely weather. Whilst my hubs continued the tree clean up from last week, I also continued my painting from last week. It is still not finished but it is looking like a finish is almost here - by the end of the week I hope. Too many interruptions, too many need to give my knee and shoulder a rest and there you have it. I am so thankful that I don't have a clock to punch to get this thing done.

If anyone has suggestions for some red and white or red, yellow and white fabric for the kitchen - pm me! I am going to be making some sort of curtains or window treatment. Not sure yet just what. I don't like anything too loud if you catch my drift. I have been up since 2 this morning looking online at fabric and now I am ready to go back to bed!

Blessings to each one here. Today is your day. Thinking about that. Make it happen and smile.

Bubby
April 18th, 2016, 06:21 AM
Morning....I must be feeling your aches and pains this morning, Blondie. I do a lot of painting at the apartments but mostly along the ceiling and baseboards. Jeff does the rolling. It's all backbreaking but so nice and fresh when it's done. Can't wait to see your kitchen.

I'm working on a quilt top that's all 3" squares. This one will be take a while.

We are supposed to get some bad storms off and on all week, so I may be in and out of here.

Wishing everyone a blessed Monday.

redcaboose1717
April 18th, 2016, 06:39 AM
"Eat Glitter For Breakfast And Shine All Day " made me smile Blondie !! Years ago when I first started making my own greeting cards,
( I haven't purchased a greeting card in almost 14 yrs ! I make all of my own greeting cards and Christmas & Holiday cards too! ) I was really into this "glitter " called Dazzling Diamonds. The funny thing about it, is that when you put in on the cards, it gets into everything ! I don't know how many times when I made those first few cards with Dazzling Diamonds ( if you have ever purchased anything from Stampin' Up! Dazzling Diamonds is one of their products ! ....love it ) I would go to the store etc. and someone would say to me "You have glitter on your face/nose / hair my dear ."
I now don't use as much of the Dazzling Diamonds as I used to, and I ALWAYS check my face in the mirror before heading out to any store nowadays ! :icon_hi:

Thanks for making me smile today Blondie !

shermur
April 18th, 2016, 07:04 AM
Morning, Blondie! I sent you a pm for fabric recommendations!

Anywho...Saturday I decided to look at the Hancock store here in Fort Smith just to see if I could find a bargain. The quilting notions is very depleted (templates, pins, needles, rulers). Their larger and higher priced items are still not cheap enough to liquidate, in my opinion. I did purchase twin size batting, a hand quilt hoop stand (I've been wanting one for a long time and got a decent deal on it), and a few other small purchases I was low on.

I then, went to the machine/fabric store I worked at part-time last year. Since I am trying to put my sewing room back together (Navy daughter and grandson moved to the KC Metro last month)...I am still trying to find things I know I have purchased, but...these certain items are still MIA. The guild vice-president works at the store and three of the items I wanted (Strawberry Fields Revisited fabrics, Triangles on a Roll and a 1/4 bias tape maker), the store didn't have. Two other guild members came into the store while I was there, they didn't speak.....makes me wonder if I have the courage to go to the next meeting pm 4/25/16. I guess I expect too much from others....
I guess that is why I shop on-line so much, because when I do attempt to shop locally, they don't carry the items I want. And, it's most evident, the local stores aren't up with current trends with sew-a-longs.

MayinJerset
April 18th, 2016, 07:19 AM
Might need a bit of Dazzling Diamonds to get myself to shine today as I didn't sleep too well last night. DH said I must have had some bad dreams as I was calling him to help me do something. I don't usually dream or I don't remember dreams so wonder what the problem was. Anyway, sun is beginning to shine, need to get my first cup of coffee and get the new day going in the right direction.129420

Monique
April 18th, 2016, 07:33 AM
Good morning dear friends. It was an absolutely gorgeous weekend with high temperatures. Saturday was demolition day, a little 20" wall between the hallway and living room came down. Our friend Andy did such an amazing job. Then it was party time. A few friends came over for a BBQ to help me celebrate my birthday. I have a wonderful birthday this year. Yesterday was clean-up and today will be clean up as well.

Les works days this week, so I won't see him until Wednesday, as he spends those two evenings staying at his mother's. I work tomorrow and Wednesday this week.

Have an awesome day friends.

quiltingtrish
April 18th, 2016, 07:56 AM
Happy Monday everyone!
Another week of testing - it's math for 3 days and I get to read all the math questions and answers to 4 kiddos.
Time sure is flying by this Spring - can't believe it's the middle of the month already. I finally got my hands in the dirt here and got some weeding done and picked up - it seems like - hundreds of sticks for the fire pit pile. Oh, and we finally sold the old VW Bug DH has. Some fella saw it from the back street and they decided on a price. It has been sitting for about 10 years now, just adorning the back of the driveway . We've been paying insurance and registration every year now in case it got damaged or stolen (well, in my opinion either one of those options would have been a blessing) but I am thankful someone else has the good heart to buy it. It's outta of here on Tuesday.
Dad has a cold of some sort now and I told him to go see the doctor but doubt he will until he is to the point of not being able to move.
Still trouble shooting the Juki for the thread issue. Now I am thinking it's not the machine but how I have the layers on the frame and it's pulling the fabric, thus making the thread work harder - I'll try again tonight.
Enjoy the sun if you have it - a beautiful week in store here for us.

Carol336
April 18th, 2016, 08:10 AM
Good morning everyone. Eat Glitter for Breakfast and Shine All Day.....I LOVE THAT!!!!. Thanks Blondie, you always know how to get our day off to a great start.

Beautiful weekend weather wise, but oh boy is that pollen giving my alergies a fit. Went to see our DGS baseball game on Saturday and haven't stopped sneezing since. Love springtime....hate the allergies!

Went out dancing with our friends Saturday night, had a lovely time. Last night our condo had our monthly dinner and it was "Italian Night"...everything was sooooo yummy, and it's just a good thing I don't have to weigh in until Friday - LOL

I think we're going to do the early voting thing today. And then I'm hoping to get a few more bags cranked out for the yard/craft sale at the end of the month.

I can't wait to see your kitchen when it's finished, Blondie.

Sugar - How lovely to make all your own cards.....I'd love to see some of them. I was a paper scrapbooker a few years ago, and used some of the stamping up stuff....and walked around with glitter on myself much of the time!!

Have a lovely day everyone

WendyI
April 18th, 2016, 09:43 AM
Happy Belated Birthday Monique! Sorry we missed it on here.

This weekend was very difficult for me. My ex opened up "our' trailer for the season. My name is on the loan for it and it was agreed that he would sell it. However, I'm pretty sure that's where he met his new gfriend and assume she likes it so he seems to be keeping it. Liam enjoys it also. So it was very painful for me to know that the trailer that he didn't want, and we were supposed to use to make memories in for our family, he will now use to do so with someone else. It was incredibly painful for me and I cried a lot this weekend. Once I am off the loan and have my things back out of storage, that will be my last tie to him, other than Liam of course, and I can start moving forward,...I hope!

Yesterday I spent the day at a horse farm and that was very therapeutic for me to be around the animals and grooming them. Also got to play in the dirt a bit helping to weed and clean up a flower bed...gardening calms me so it was nice to do. Spring is always a difficult time of year for me anyway...seeing couples out everywhere made me so lonely and I missed him so much this weekend. Hoping that I can get through this stage of my grief and find some peace soon.

Thinking of everyone and sending hugs to those who need them. xox

toggpine
April 18th, 2016, 09:47 AM
After some serious thunderstorms last night, it looks like we will get a break here in Texas.
We will be taking Grandma to the doctor today to see how much progress her leg has made. She got pulled over by my aunt's dog and got several big bruises and a nasty hematoma on her leg.
Hopefully we will get a good report.
You all have a good day! Hugs, C

Grandma Nan
April 18th, 2016, 10:15 AM
A beautiful weekend here, the weather was so nice and promises to be a great week. I am hand quilting a lap quilt (still) and I was thinking of moving my small frame out to the back deck just so I could enjoy the beautiful weather. Bouncing around working on several projects and not really finishing anything but it will all come together soon.
Also sewing pillows for the Heart Pillow Project. We will meet tomorrow as usual to stuff our little pillows for heart surgery patients.

I have so many projects swirling through my head that I want to do, but making an effort to make sure that I finish off some UFO's as or before I start something new. I feel very agitated when I know I have something unfinished sitting on the shelf so trying to do some therapy on myself by finishing some of those UFO's.

Hope everyone has a great week and I just love EAT GLITTER FOR BREAKFAST AND SPARKLE ALL DAY! Gonna try it!

JCY
April 18th, 2016, 10:46 AM
You may have heard about the Colorado snow storm over last week-end. We lucked out N. of Denver--got only 3" or so. It was a very wet snow. Part of the time it was a rain/snow mix. Because it had been warm before the storm, the streets were mostly just wet & slushy. However... the foothills & mts. got hammered. Anywhere from 18" to 50"! The skiers will be happy to have an extended season with all the fresh snow up there. Most of the snow here already has melted. Too bad I didn't get the fertilizer spread prior to the storm; it would have soaked in nicely. We needed the moisture, but I'm sure the people who got 40-50" would have appreciated less snow.

I'm working on adding the border to my Carolina Chain baby quilt. Two sides to go, then I will have to set it aside for a while so I can use my "design wall" (the floor) for spreading out baby quilts to dry. The church baby shower is coming up on the 26th, so I need to concentrate on hand sewing on a few labels & washing at least 4 quilts. I need 3 boy quilts & 1 girl quilt. It's a good thing I have some made ahead.

I hope everyone has a good Monday. Re: glitter - I have quit buying cards with glitter. It really seems to get everywhere. Kudos to those who make their own cards. I send out too many to do that. Usually >100 at Christmas. I also give birthday & anniversary cards to selected folks at my church; I use the church mail boxes to save on postage. I order cards by the box of 12 from Christian Book Distributors. Even with adding tax & shipping, they figure out to be ~40 cents/card, which is cheaper than the local dollar store, & the cards are much nicer.

ceiliam
April 18th, 2016, 11:38 AM
Morning all. Got lots of sleep took Rebecca's advise and have started shutting bedroom door to keep cat out. He can't get in to wake me up at nite. Thanks Rebecca.
Hope to get pants cut out today finish several little items and a knit top. So many unfinished items that need to be done. Have so loved my sewing class at the university, wish could afford to do it again.
Sherri go to the guild a couple more times found that people are unsure of new people. I just joined a modern quilt guild here it has only about 50 members some people have held back and others not , don't ever be afraid to approach people some people are reserved and tend to wait for others to approach them. By the way one thing I'm never accused of is being reserved.
Wendy deep breaths sew gardened and tell yourself it is his loss and you deserve so much better. Hope all have a wonderful glittery day. Cecelia

rebeccas-sewing
April 18th, 2016, 12:12 PM
You're welcome, Cecelia. I'm glad I was able to help.

Wendy, It will be good when you can completely separate yourself from your ex. It's a tall order when there is a child involved. There have been several divorces in our family. Being witness to some of what they went through, I can certainly sympathize with your pain.

Santa Ana winds blew in yesterday and boy was it hot in Orange County. It's supposed to hit 90 today, cooling off at the end of the week. I sure look forward to that!

A chest that I have wanted to refinish for many years is now finished and in place. I'm very pleased with the results of my labor. It looks fantastic. Next up, a hutch that we brought back from the Netherlands. I just need to take before and after photos this time. I forgot to take before pics of the chest. Here's a photo of it finished. It was really light before which doesn't go with our other furniture. I'm so happy that it blends so well with the other furniture in the room.

It was a frustrating weekend especially for Joe. I can tell he was a bit depressed by the end of it. We had to spend way too much time working on issues with the watering system that took time away from what he really had hoped to accomplish. Such is life.

I was pretty pleased with myself! I figured out what was wrong with the filtering system on the pool. I actually fixed it. Yay for me. It's always such a good feeling when I can do something on my own without Joe's assistance.

EnumclawGramma
April 18th, 2016, 12:32 PM
Good Morning! It's still early here so I'm not officially late. It's going to be 80+ here today, and I'm reading some of you have snow! This is bizarre!
Took a break from the house selling prep to have a family gathering yesterday. DH's 60th/Retirement party. What a wonderful time. As everyone was leaving it occurred to me, this is the last big gathering we will have in this house. Anyone who's followed me here for the last couple years knows how poignant this is for me, I LOVE filling my home with guests. Come, stay, spend a day or a week, I love it! And the more the merrier. Our next place will be smaller. Less work, but also less of what I love. Bittersweet to say the least.
DH and I both had a really tough time falling asleep last night, too much input. So he wound up taking the day off. Hopefully it'll be a productive day! No shortage of things to do.
I may begin packing up my sewing room today, and just leave out what I need to complete the 3 quilts I've got going. (any excuse to get in there and touch fabric!)
Have a wonderful day! I'm going to peruse the internet for fabric for Blondie's kitchen now! Hugs/Prayers for any in want or need!

kimsophia
April 18th, 2016, 12:58 PM
Umm....hoot? lol I have been so confused with sleep times that I'm not sure if I'm an owl or lark or what anymore. :) We did have a productive weekend. DH cleaned up his piles of stuff in the basement. My buddy and I hauled two loads of cardboard boxes to the recycling center. (This is what buying everything from Amazon Prime leads to). We also cut/picked up two bags of garden debris. I am taking this month long decluttering class/project online by someone named Ruth Soukup. She sends a video and email every day with your assignment. Yesterday was to get rid of ten things. I picked the kitchen and have a bag of stuff ready for Goodwill. I sure hope a lot of people need tea cozies. ;-) Nice to see everybody!:icon_wave:

KarenC
April 18th, 2016, 04:46 PM
Well today has been one for records here in the Houston, TX area. Supposedly 500 year floods. Of course, I determine this after I drive 27 miles to work. Fortunately for me, I was able to get to work without incident, take care of things that needed to be handled in the office, with the rest of the team online from home. Got back home, with only one slight detour. No flooding in my area, and convinced DD to stay home since she wasn't scheduled to work today. I thank the Lord for my good blessings.

Dollyquilts
April 18th, 2016, 05:17 PM
My goodness, Karen C. Even the IRS office was closed in Houston today. You are a very brave person. All the schools in the area were closed as well.

Blondie, I love yellow. I'd have to put some blue with it for the curtains.

KarenC
April 18th, 2016, 06:30 PM
My goodness, Karen C. Even the IRS office was closed in Houston today. You are a very brave person. All the schools in the area were closed as well.

Blondie, I love yellow. I'd have to put some blue with it for the curtains.

Dollyquilts, I don't know if it was brave, probably crazy. I need to learn to watch the news in the morning. I'm watching the TV now, and at 4:30 they just rescued two people from an overturned boat. There was a reason that I was the only person on the entire floor!

Navy Wife
April 18th, 2016, 10:57 PM
It was 84 here today, but humidity of 16%. Felt wonderful. But we do need some rain. I spent the last 3 days putting together a baby quilt that I should have finished weeks ago. Baby is due early May. I'll quilt it tomorrow and get it in the mail.

Dh is improving after his back surgery. He is walking with a cane, and drove the car last week. That's the first time behind the wheel since december 1st. He still can't lift anything heavy or bend over, and he has trouble looking up. I guess those will improve as time goes on. We were able to go to church, but he was hurting before the service was over. Guess I'll have to go alone for a while longer.