PDA

View Full Version : The flu

mpattylou
April 17th, 2016, 11:40 PM
5 year old grandson was diagnosed with influenza A....how long will he be out of school with this. They are starting Tamiflu this evening.

Simply Quilting
April 18th, 2016, 12:32 AM
It depends upon how his body reacts. It could be up to a week or longer. This year has been a late rough flu season. Locally, children here have to be fever free or vomiting free for 24 hours before they are suppose to be at school.

jjkaiser
April 18th, 2016, 12:35 AM
My 5 yp gd just went through this, and the flu turned into pneumonia, she had to go to the hospital overnight bc she was so dehydrated. She was out of school for a week and a half. She slept about 80% of the time. She's fine now, this was two weeks ago.

redcaboose1717
April 18th, 2016, 01:53 AM
Tamiflu is a great medication. I have been given Tamiflu twice and it does a great job ! Sorry to hear your 5 yr old grandson is sick. The time varies for how long each person is out of school or work.

Pandabear
April 18th, 2016, 07:50 AM
My boy and I had the flu last month. Took about a week for us to get over it. Correction - took a 17 year old a week to get over it. Took a 47 year old a week and some then rolled it into her first upper respiratory infection.

I hope your grandbaby feels better soon. Being sick is the pits.

Monique
April 18th, 2016, 07:57 AM
Aw poor wee man, I hope he gets over it rather quickly.

Bubby
April 18th, 2016, 09:17 AM
I hope he has a speedy recovery. Tamiflu is great if it's take early.

Grandma Nan
April 18th, 2016, 09:53 AM
The flu is nasty this year. I hope he feels better soon.