PDA

View Full Version : Sunday all day.

MayinJerset
April 17th, 2016, 08:53 AM
Hope everyone got their taxes done and sent as tomorrow, 4/18, is the deadline. We had someone do our taxes this year and it was a pleasure when the accountant hit the Send button and they were on their way.

Bit of a chill in the air this morning and I'm thinking some minestrone soup or a sausage barley soup would be excellent for tonight's dinner. DS#2 and DIL should be over later today and even DS#1 as he returned home yesterday from the medical mission to Honduras.

What is everyone up to today?129378.

Meghan Plamondon
April 17th, 2016, 09:47 AM
I know your joy of having the taxes finished and in the hands of the accountant! I do the basic part for my DH office, then we take it to the professional, and while I'm preparing it all, there is no sewing going on in my house. Now it's going to be a few weeks of binge sewing, fun!

Jean Sewing Machine
April 17th, 2016, 09:52 AM
Hi May! Everyone must be sleeping in today! I know I am still lolling in bed myself! That's what Sundays are for!

I participated in an electronics recycling event in our town yesterday. The line of cars waiting to dump their old stuff was over a 1/2 mile long just as they opened. They had such a great system in place and so many workers, it was very quick to get through the drop off, so glad to get rid of that stuff! Now I have more room for fabric !

Friday night, many of my friends and I participated in an awards ceremony for community theatre groups who produce non- musical plays. I costumed MacBeth last year with the help of a costuming friend. We were nominated for the Best Costume Design award. We didn't win but our dear director won for best Set Design and Best Direction, and our lighting designer won also. These two wonderful people mentor many, many aspiring theatre people as well as seasoned actors and actresses. We are all enriched by their mentoring and friendship and their awards are very well deserved!

The 3 Amigos, Jean, costumer, Nancy, Director and set designer, Tracey, costumer

Nancy with her awards!

Have a great day, folks! Happy quilting!

RiverMomm
April 17th, 2016, 10:15 AM
Ah, taxes. Such fun. We get to file in the US and Canada. :(

It is a beautiful day today and I am torn between working in the yard or working in my sewing room. One is much more fun than the other. At the moment, I am leaning toward the sewing room but opening the window wide so the sun shines in so I sort of get the best of both worlds. (hey, whatever works)

And . . . wow, Jean! You are rocking that LBD!

Jean Sewing Machine
April 17th, 2016, 10:49 AM
Ah, taxes. Such fun. We get to file in the US and Canada. :(

It is a beautiful day today and I am torn between working in the yard or working in my sewing room. One is much more fun than the other. At the moment, I am leaning toward the sewing room but opening the window wide so the sun shines in so I sort of get the best of both worlds. (hey, whatever works)

And . . . wow, Jean! You are rocking that LBD!
It's a Little Blue dress, but still qualifies for a LBD! Hooray for Ross for Less, I find more cute and cheap dresses there! Tracey made her dress that day! That's the kind of costumer she is, gets it done but without a minute to spare! Drives me nuts to work that way!