PDA

View Full Version : gramma goes Gaga by DD

grammaterry
April 16th, 2016, 12:42 AM
For those of you who have been following the saga of my daughters byline, this on is pretty cute. Huffington Post has picked up 5 of her 6 submissions. I asked her if they were ready to pay up yet, but she says they haven't made her an offer. This is pretty cute.
Grandma Goes Gaga (http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/9693920) gramma goes gaga

DD says if you can't leave a comment you can click on her name at the top of the post and then "fan" me.

stationarymom
April 16th, 2016, 01:31 AM
Another great story.I hope grandma knows she was in the paper.Grandma seems like a riot of a woman.

sewbizzy
April 16th, 2016, 01:44 AM
Terry, another great story from your daughter...Grandma is a character, isn't she? You can tell your daughter loves her grandparents! I can't wait to read more articles from Julee!

Carol336
April 16th, 2016, 06:58 AM
What a wonderful article and a beautiful tribute to her Grandma. Her love and adoration for her Grandma is such a refreshing thing to see in this day and age.

grammaterry
April 16th, 2016, 10:34 AM
Another great story.I hope grandma knows she was in the paper.Grandma seems like a riot of a woman.
DD is mailing the article to her. She talked to her on the phone yesterday to share and Grandma is pretty excited.

GrammaBabs
April 16th, 2016, 11:13 AM
Raised with LOVE to show LOVE..... Your DD is a smart girl to see the lesson of how a woman can always see the glass "half full" and choose to go thru life with a smile and positive attitude:)) Thank you for sharing this... I am passing this along to my special group of BFF's i have accumulated over the years.. They are going to LOVE it:)) GB

GaGa
April 16th, 2016, 11:58 AM
Love it! My grandchildren have always called me GaGa because the oldest one first called me that - and NOT because there was (or is) any resemblance to "Lady GaGa". When one of my granddaughters was in kindergarten, she told her class that GaGa was coming to visit. I went to school to have lunch with her and one of the little boys in the class told me he had heard me singing on the radio! Clearly he had never seen her! Your daughter and her grandma have a special bond!

Grandma G
April 16th, 2016, 05:55 PM
That was so cool. I never leave comments to articles I have read but I did with this one!! You have an incredible family!!

Grandma G
April 16th, 2016, 05:59 PM
Love it! My grandchildren have always called me GaGa because the oldest one first called me that - and NOT because there was (or is) any resemblance to "Lady GaGa". When one of my granddaughters was in kindergarten, she told her class that GaGa was coming to visit. I went to school to have lunch with her and one of the little boys in the class told me he had heard me singing on the radio! Clearly he had never seen her! Your daughter and her grandma have a special bond!

And you are one very special lady!!!! Enjoyed the article and you are blessed to have this very special relationship.

grammaterry
April 17th, 2016, 12:11 AM
That was so cool. I never leave comments to articles I have read but I did with this one!! You have an incredible family!!
I know she will be thrilled that you left her a comment. It is my understanding that that will be how she will eventually get a paid position

jjkaiser
April 17th, 2016, 01:39 AM
Amazing! Is this grandma in the story your mother ? I loved it and emailed it to my three daughters!

grammaterry
April 17th, 2016, 11:10 AM
It is my mother. She is quite the spy little woman and as my daughter states, always been very vain. She told me once while I was visiting (she was 80 then) that all the people where she worked (walmart) thought she was lots younger like 60. I told her that people always guessed younger because they don't want to hurt your feelings. She said, "yes, but they really mean it with me" I said, well, Mom, do you think you and I look the same age? and she responded, "You just haven't held up very well my dear". I laughed.

Amazing! Is this grandma in the story your mother ? I loved it and emailed it to my three daughters!

WendyI
April 18th, 2016, 10:04 AM
So Awesome! Your DD is so fortunate to have her gramma in her life! What a fantastic lady!