PDA

View Full Version : For Sandy

Blondie
November 28th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Okay, so I had to share my giggle this morning. Everyone here already knew this. hehehe

Mrs.Sew&Sew
November 28th, 2011, 10:08 AM
HAHAHAHAHA this is too funny! Sorry Sandy don't mean to laugh at your expense!

BTY Blondie LOVE that avatar picture!

stitching woman
November 28th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Sandy good?

Monique
November 28th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Had to laugh too, sorry!!!!

meemeecyn
November 28th, 2011, 11:01 AM
OK, Sandy......fess up, what did you do?????

cyndiofthevortex
November 28th, 2011, 11:24 AM
It might be easier if Sandy told us what she didn't do!

rebeccas-sewing
November 28th, 2011, 12:13 PM
What DIDN'T SHE DO??? LOL Hi Blondie and Michelle. Happy to SEE you!
OK, Sandy......fess up, what did you do?????

Sandy Navas
November 28th, 2011, 01:44 PM
I was so afraid to open this thread. Now I guess I'll have to fess up. I'm getting on my knees right now. It will take me a couple of hours to get off them though, so be patient. I'm sorry for the rest of the world having to give up their Christmas because of something I've done . . . ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, getting on my knees ..................

Bubby
November 28th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Hi Everyone....I'm putting up our Christmas tree and decorating the rest of the house today. My Auntie Lolo (Lois) will arrive tomorrow and most likely will spend the rest of the week. She's a hoot at 78!

Blondie, I love your avatar picture....I knew you would have a sweet little heart shaped face. Now Sandy.....what can I say!!!!!!!!! You're a real Missouri mess!!!

Have to run...way too much to get done plus laundry and food shopping.....Huigs for everyone but special ones for Jan and Gayle.

janluna
November 29th, 2011, 01:06 AM
Sandy is the best! She would never make Santa die..........Right Sandy!?! Sandy!?!

mamaquilt
November 29th, 2011, 05:51 AM
thanks a lot for the laugh. Have to go grocery shopping, then window washing, before putting up some Christmas decorations.
Have a nice day in the quilting world

Michèle

Beakkmom
November 29th, 2011, 10:45 PM
Thanks so much for the light heartedness - I just left after visiting Mom at the nursing home. I needed something to make me smile :)

I went to the fabric shop on my way home from the nursing home visit, and broke down in tears as the little gal was cutting my fabric. I have never NEVER done that before anywhere, goodness I need to sew tonight, it is such wonderful therapy!

Blessings to my sisters of the cloth,

Lin

Sandy Navas
November 30th, 2011, 12:12 AM
Thanks so much for the light heartedness - I just left after visiting Mom at the nursing home. I needed something to make me smile :)

I went to the fabric shop on my way home from the nursing home visit, and broke down in tears as the little gal was cutting my fabric. I have never NEVER done that before anywhere, goodness I need to sew tonight, it is such wonderful therapy!

Blessings to my sisters of the cloth,

Lin

Lin, every time I visit my Mom at the nursing home I walk out with tears running down my cheeks. I started writing a poem a few months back and haven't been able to finish it . . . "That's not my mother sitting there . . . " Someday maybe I will get the tears dried enough to finish it. Seeing them in a different environment, not acting as we remember them best is one of the most difficult things a daughter has to face.

janluna
November 30th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Lin, I too know how hard it is to see your Mom in that situation. I visited everyday and the nurses told me not to come everyday because it made it hard on them( Mom would act up when I left) and they could see the strain I was under. It is so hard to watch. Sandy is right, it is the worst thing a daughter has to do. I wanted her to be home with me. However, I had just had a double fusion on my spine and I couldn't lift anything. In fact I wasn't supposed to be out driving a car, walking too far, or bending. She would tell me I must hate her or I would take her home. I cried every time I left. I finally started visiting every other day. Especially after my first dr. visit for after surgery showed I had bent a screw in my back. Boy, did he ever lay me out in lavender! I just remember feeling so guilty. Guilty that I wasn't the one taking care of Mom and guilty that I messed up the surgery I had just had. It's so hard when you are used to being the caregiver, to not be one.
I'm sending good thoughts and special prayers for you. Sometimes we have to let go and let God! Love, Hugs, and Prayers, Jan L.