• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blondie
    Missouri Star
    • May 2010

Monday Good Mornings

Happy Monday!!

Well, boy howdy, did I ever miss YOU! But I managed to have a wonderful several days with some work squeezed in. Every year I declare I will not work on the day after Thanksgiving and each year I do. This year was no exception. I worked a very very long day on Friday and then took Saturday off to chill. I was still on the bloated side after Thanksgiving, hehehe.
    Speaking of Turkey Day, it was the best Thanksgiving I have had in many years. There were kith and kin of every age - about 26 of us all together - more food than you could imagine - and the laughs were non stop. At least for Sis and I. The day was gorgeous - Sunny and though it started out with a chill, it ended up very pleasant. That was a day that should be a Groundhog Day (as in the movie). My daughter is a wonderful hostess, although she doesn't realize it yet. She was panicking a bit in the morning before everyone got there, but, being my daughter, I slapped the silly into her and she calmed down.
    After working on Friday, I slept like a log on Saturday and then visited with family some more. Same thing yesterday. Now today the reality of life will slip back in. Which isn't a bad thing. I plan on doing some clean up in a few minutes, get some laundry going and it will be a typical Monday.
    Off to read and see what I have missed. I sure hope that everyone had a great holiday with sweet, new memories to cherish.
    Blessings to all.
    Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

• RFREE
    Missouri Star
    • Dec 2010

Re: Monday Good Mornings

Mornin Blondie.I was wondering what you had been up to.Back to work for me today after 5 days off.Our thanksgiving was very nice too.About 35 of us and yes we all ate wayyyy to much. Enjoy your week.

Comment

• quilter.martha
      Missouri Star
      • May 2011

Morning Blondie. Glad you had a good Thanksgiving, and I hope the same for everyone else, too. Ours was good, although a little bitter sweet. I can't help focusing on my parents. My mom has become bedridden again, so for the first time ever she and my dad weren't able to join the family for Thanksgiving. It broke my heart knowing it and I had a hard time focusing on our own get together with friends. But it ended up nice all in all. My DD was home from college. She and I had a good time decorating the house on Friday and then Saturday all 4 of us went out to cut our Christmas tree and then we put it up Sat. afternoon. We took her to the airport yesterday afternoon and as far as I know she made it home safely (she was still in the air when we went to bed).

This week is an absolute crazy week for me. I have 4 tax classes to teach and then one afternoon of work to boot. One of those classes is a 6 hour seminar! I've got to find some time to start my Christmas shopping in there somewhere. I've done nothing for my immediate family yet!

Well, everyone have a great day!
      When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

• Loonwatcher
        Missouri Star
        • Feb 2011

Good Morning.

Sounds like you all had lovely holidays. Martha, I know what it's like to have the worry constantly nagging at the back of your mind. thanfully you had your other loved ones around you to help keep you occupied.

I finially finished painting the spare bedroom and did a good cleaning throughout the house. I always like to do that before I get theChristmast decorations out as they make it difficult to clean around. Cleaned the junk off the dinning room table - hadn't seen that for a while. Only to cover it up again next week end as it become "wrap central" for a couple weeks. Also getting the decorations our next weekend. Because our space is small we won't put up the tree until a couple weeks before Christmas.

Hope everyone else is doing well. Continue to pray for Emily and Gayle.

Have a great day,
        ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

• MRoy
          Missouri Star
          • Jul 2011

Good morning! It was a quiet Thanksgiving here, just DH and me for Thanksgiving dinner. We met son for lunch yesterday and had a great visit. It's back to work today after a 4-day weekend. The coffee IV is flowing and I'm trying to get moving. Have a great day everyone!
          *~* Myrna *~*
          *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

• mianmom
            Binding Belle
            • Aug 2011

Morning all! Had a very busy holiday weekend,but I think I have my Christmas shopping done! I actually was able to sit down for longer then a half an hour yesterday and do some sewing. Its a rainy day here today so Im hoping to get some more sewing done today in between other things that need to be done.

I hope everone has a great day!
            Happy Quilting :icon_wave:

Comment

• Mrs.Sew&Sew
              The Guild President
              • Oct 2011

HEYYYYYYY! Blondie I wondered where you were hiding! Missed your morning notes! Glad all went well for everyone on Thanksgiving! Here was the usual hubby was working as this year was his year to work Thanksgiving and be off for Christmas next year he will be off Thanksgiving and working for Christmas! Went to his Grandmothers as usual we all cooked WAY too much food and ate WAY too much food!
              As for today MONDAY UGH! I always clean house on Monday! Today I also have to go buy tickets for a play the my son is in all week. He is still in HS and is a SENIOR! EEEEKKKK can't believe it! Bitter sweet for me he is an only child!
              Well I hope everyone has a great week! May God bless you all as you go about your week!
              http://renewingmrssewsew.blogspot.com
              Until next time hugs and best stitches to you all,
              Michelle

Comment

• stitching woman
                Missouri Star
                • Jun 2011

Welcome back Blondie glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We had a great time with a few family and friends and also ate way to much.
                Finished my quilt top and am going to quilt it today then need to do some house cleaning.
                Hope everyone has a great day. Hugs to all and prayers to those in need.
                Bernice :icon_wave:

Comment

• Monique
                  Missouri Star
                  • Jan 2011

Good morning everyone. Blondie, I knew you would be have a blast.

I finished the ABC alphabet book for my granddaughter yesterday. I also finished all the spokes on the baby quilt and got the border on. Worked out another tote pattern for one of my DIL's, with a zipper. I think I might start that one today.

Today is also flu vaccine for DH and me, although he got called for a little job this morning. He hasn't found himself a job yet. Hopefully he gets back in time for his vaccine.

I also have computer work to do today.

Well that is about it for me.

Y'all have a super day!!
                  Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• meemeecyn
                    Missouri Star
                    • Apr 2011

Happy Monday......yikes did I just put 'happy' and 'Monday' in the same statement? Is that a contradiction?

We missed you, too, Blondie and glad to hear your days were joyful but now you can sit back and relax a bit.

Martha...thoughts of you have been in my mind for weeks now. It is hard on you having your parents so far away. Having your daughter and son with you must have given you great comfort.....

Sounds like everyone will be able to get some sewing in today. I sure hope I do! It is so good for the spirit, never mind how it helps putting packages under the Christmas tree!!!

Cynthia

Comment

• cyndiofthevortex
                      Missouri Star
                      • Oct 2011

Hi Everyone,

Thanksgiving here was relaxing and fun, with great food and wonderful family. We get a fresh turkey from our neighbor's farm every year for free, and it can't be beat for yumminess.

I've been putting Christmas squares together into wallhangings and tablerunners for presents and as I was designing another one on the kitchen table my sweet DIL asked if maybe she could someday have one? So I brought out the beautiful one I am making for her and is almost finished and she was speechless! It's nice when someone really, really likes a homemade gift, isn't it?

Today a friend is coming over to use my machine to finish a Christmas present quilt for her daughter. It's all made from my batik collection so I think I can put it in my album. I will take some pictures today! There will be tea and grilled tuna and cheese sandwiches and friendly talk and the hum of two sewing machines as I continue to work on the gifts I'm making. Doesn't that sound like a nice way to spend the day?

I hope everyone has a pleasant Monday.

Martha, I'm remembering your mom and praying for her. I know what a tough time this is.

Cyndi
                      Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Comment

• Granny Judy
                        Missouri Star
                        • Apr 2011

I'm still rubbing my tummy and trying to come back to the real world after having that FEAST...T/giving was really great and DD#2 did all the cooking. I gladly handed over the tongs and stove. (dang, when did she develope all those skills with a turkey??)

I did notice the laptop sitting on the table, with notes and recipes right beside it. . . ?

Glad so many of you were able to share your DAY with those who you love.. I lost My Hubby & Mother within 2 years of each other. So my heart goes out to those with ailing loved ones.

I have a border to attach and some Mug Rugs to sew today.. that is if I can ever get my tush out of this chair. Hugs to all and prayers being sent out to those in need--and to some who are not!!
                        Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
                        :icon_wave:

Comment

• quiltingtrish
                          Banned
                          Missouri Star
                          • Sep 2009

Hi all, last day off before we head back to school tomorrow.
                          Today is baking cookies for Odie's 22nd birthday this friday. Hoping it travels well across the country in time.
                          Think I will clean up here and there today and hopefully get to some sewing. Can't work too hard today, it IS a day off. )))

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Hugs,

Comment

• toggpine
                            Missouri Star
                            • Aug 2009

Morning Quilty Friends!

Today I mostly get the house back. Hubby went back to work and Em heads off to school shortly. Sadly she gave me her cold that includes the overflowing snot locker special effect and a lovely cough. I think I taught her how to share a little too well.

After I do a quick pick-up around here, I'll run the vacuum and then be able to layout the quilt for final assembly. Yea! That will only leave the backing to piece. Then I get to move on to another project. Yea! This one went together pretty well, but I still like to move on to the new ones! I really should figure out how to put on my "Big Foot" quilting foot and give that a try since I seem to be piling up the quilt sandwiches!

Gotta scoot, or Em will be late for school!
                            Hugs! Cathy
                            Be who you are and say what you feel
                            because those who mind don't matter,
                            and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

• Gayle8675309
                              Missouri Star
                              • Oct 2011

Good morning all! I'm getting a really late start this morning. My thanksgiving was good...just DH, DD and DD's best friend. I like our quiet little holidays.

If the weather gets a little bit warmer out today I'm going to spray baste four quilts that I've been waiting to quilt. I like to open the patio door and windows and set fans up to blow the fumes outside.

Have a great day everyone!
                              Gayle

Comment

Working...
                              X