PDA

View Full Version : FRIDAY!

Blondie
April 15th, 2016, 07:05 AM

Hello Folksies

Friday. One of my most favorite days of the week. Let's face it. Every day is my favorite day. Most of the time. So, today Friday is my favorite day. So, it follows that tomorrow being Saturday will be my favorite day. I'm kinda quirky that way.

I didn't paint yesterday and I doubt seriously I will manage to do it today. Work kinda leaves me tired. Imagine that. Besides, I needed to save my shoulders for shampooing and my knee for the standing behind the chair. Both body parts needed a rest.

I did get some new cabinet knobs in the mail yesterday. They are just tooooo cute. I ordered them from a gal on Etsy and they are little red birds. I am in love with them. When Luscious came home and saw them, he said, "Ain't they cute! They suit you." Yes, they do. I had looked at Hobby Lobby, all over the internet and when I saw these, I said BINGO.

I am hoping that each one reading this has a wonderful weekend. If it is rainy where you are, look for rainbows. If it is chilly, think beach time. If you live in Utopia, count your blessings. Count your blessings wherever you live. SMILE!!!

Monique
April 15th, 2016, 07:16 AM
Good morning Blondie. I love your little birds.

I went to town yesterday and got rid of a load of 'stuff' at the church. I bought a towel bar but alas the hardware is missing. I will see if I can buy hardware for it, otherwise I am getting my money back.

I figured out a way to re-do that placemat without too much fuss. I will get pictures up. So today I NEED to finish up that placemat and start on the next project.

Have a wonderful weekend friends.

Bubby
April 15th, 2016, 08:01 AM
Morning Everyone....

Fridays seem to roll around so fast lately. They say the older you get the quicker times passes....I must really be an oldie!

I love the new tutorial so I ordered another charm pack to add to the two I already have so I can make this little cutie for a future great-grand. I often wonder if Jenny gets tired of making tutorials.

Blondie, I LOVE your birdie knobs....so YOU, GF! I think you've started a painting trend around here.

Wishing everyone a fabulous weekend. We will be working in Cuba tomorrow but the weather is supposed to be nicer.

Hugs All Around....

MayinJerset
April 15th, 2016, 08:01 AM
Sun is shining, coffee is brewing, both good ways to start a day. 129312

Ginny B
April 15th, 2016, 08:28 AM
Good morning and Happy Friday everyone. The sun is shining beautifully again today. And Myrtle is really enjoying it. 129313 I'm looking forward to time sitting in the sun myself hopefully in the not-too-distant future. It's not quite warm enough to be sitting outside in the sun just yet but it is just fine for Myrtle to lay in the sunshine patch in the living room right now.

I will be in Brooklyn this weekend going through boxes of things and kitchen cabinets. Some things will be coming home with me I am sure.

Have a fantastic Friday everyone.

Carol336
April 15th, 2016, 08:29 AM
Good Friday morning everyone.

Blondie - I love your redbird knobs...please post a pic of your kitchen when it's done.

Bubby - it always tickles me when you say you'll be in Cuba...I picture the country - not a town in Missouri - LOL.

I finally got my quilt hung and I must say it's looks wonderful - can't even see all the "mistakes".

I'm furiously making bags of all kinds to sell at our community yard sale in a couple of weeks. I've never tried to sell any of my sewing things before so I'm just trying to get a feel for what people like/want. So far I have shoe bags, cosmetic bags, microwave potato bags, a few glasses cases, and a few purse size tissue holders. I have in mind to add a few totes as well.

Have a wonderful day everyone

songbird857
April 15th, 2016, 08:36 AM
Ooooh... Blondie, those knobs are just too cute!
Ginny - my doggie loves finding the patch of sun to nap in :)

Much to do today - this kitchen floor needs a moppin'!
I hope everyone has a great day :)

irishrn
April 15th, 2016, 09:08 AM
Good morning to all! Up very early to take care of the neighbors dog while they are away. DH Still sleeping so all was good. But he's up now and wanting coffee ( done) and wondering if today will be a nice day! So far it's looking promising.
DH had a new GGD on 4/4 so I've been busy trying to get a quilt done. Almost there, maybe today. They named her Avery!

So I hope all have a good Friday and a wonderful sunny weekend.
Hugs to all!

Granny Judy
April 15th, 2016, 09:37 AM
Morning all. I am doing great after having the cataract removed from the left eye...In May I will get the Right one done. Vision has improved so much.. I can't believe how much I was missing.

working on several projects and don't seem to be making much progress. I can't wait to finish up something.. then I'll feel like I've gotten something accomplished. Hope to get the blocks squared up for the curved log cabin today. then I can get the top together. Waiting for DD#1 to send me fabric to finish up the Vintage top///backing fabric (she has been collecting it for years).

I am dreaming of getting a little garden going .. we bought 2 raised beds and I'm cleaning out the patio wall area for some home grown veggies. Has anyone started their gardens yet??

WendyI
April 15th, 2016, 09:47 AM
morning all. I was away sick yesterday...had the worst migraine and then thought I was coming down with a stomach bug...but it seems to have passed today and I am feeling better, if a bit dozey. Still have a touch of the headache but hoping the beautiful day we are having will help. So NICE to see the sun at last!

Still no sewing happening here but I am considering it. This weekend will be boring but I am hoping productive. Have really been procrastinating on laundry so really must get that caught up...so that is my day tomorrow. Then another water change on my tank and maybe try and get my car cleaned on Sunday...sure is a mess and this morning I spilled orange juice all over my cup holder. yuk!

Sending lots of love and hugs to those who need them and wishing you all a fantabulous day! xox

Cathy F
April 15th, 2016, 10:36 AM
A quick morning hello then I'm off to the quilt store. My CD came in for my next project that will be for me so off to pick it up and I'm sure I can find some other goodies to come home with me!

Town is back to normal, secret service are gone, barriers are down, all roads open again, and no circling helicopters. I had to teach a class last night so went in a different direction than all the people gathered to see Donald Trump.
Blondie, those knobs are just the cutest. Please post pictures of your kitchen when it's done.

Well, off to the quilt shop, wishing everyone a great weekend!

toggpine
April 15th, 2016, 11:05 AM
We are still in Tulsa. Em and I thought we had a bit of the sniffles. They have turned into a sinus infection. We are waiting for a call from our Dr to say he has called us in a prescription to kill it. Ugh. Once that happens, then we will hit the open road for TX.

Other than that, things are going well. It is good to see family we haven't seen in several years.
I'd send you all hugs, but let's wait until we've been on antibiotics for 24 hours. OK?

EnumclawGramma
April 15th, 2016, 02:26 PM
Happy Friday! I agree with you Bubby, they come around fast! I don't know where the time goes. It's almost May for goodness sake!
I've got my DGD Kaya with me today, Spring Break. She's going to hang out with me all weekend. I miss this kid so much and I love that she comes here on her own. She's old enough to stay home during break but she chooses to come here. Grands make me get all sappy and teary....
No sewing for a couple days. Probably more with the impending move. We're getting ready for a family get together here for DH's 60th and retirement. Any time I get in the sewing room is going to be time stolen away when nobody's needing me for anything. I can't wait to be settled!
It's overcast and a bit chilly here. Where is the sunshine they promised us? I hope it shows up by Sunday when everybody is here. Crowds are more manageable when they can hang out on the deck.
Blondie I love your cabinet birds! So cute. I have leaves and branches. I've never really enjoyed them because they're sharp and I catch my shirts on them when I get too close, and the vacuum cord hangs up on them. But YOURS are adorable! I would love to see pics of your kitchen when it's finished! You can inspire the rest of us!
Shower time! Then I'm taking this kiddo to her old school to see her friends as they get out of school. They all miss each other since she moved and it's always fun to do this.
Have a wonderful Friday everyone....Hugs/Prayers to all in need!

JCY
April 15th, 2016, 07:10 PM
It's almost 4 p.m. I had no internet service this a.m. So disappointing on a new tutorial Friday! Sigh. It was a problem somewhere else with the Century Link system; nothing was wrong here at the house. Service was restored by noon. I've been busy in the kitchen most of the day making a big batch of Minestrone Soup. I was hungry for it. It would have been much easier to open a can, but I like to make a big kettle of it, then freeze it up to use later. I use mostly fresh & organic veggies, except for the canned tomatoes & sauce, the frozen corn, & canned white cannellini beans. The veggies are still a bit crunchy, so I'm letting it simmer just a little longer before I dish it up into the freezer containers.

They are predicting another snow storm! Grr. It's raining now. Maybe 1-3" of snow overnight, & another 3-5" tomorrow. Storm total could be 8-14"! The mts. are expected to get from 1-4 feet! Ah yes, springtime in the Rockies.

I haven't done any sewing for a couple days. I'm sewing together the rows for the Carolina Chain. Making slow progress because other busyness. I want to make a Circle of Comfort quilt. Yesterday, I ordered a circle cut ruler, an 18 mm. Olfa rotary cutter as well as a 28 mm. cutter & some replacement blades. Let's hope things work out well with the new pattern & tools. I already have the Heat'n Bond on hand for the applique.

I'm looking forward to The Amazing Race this evening. That and Survivor are the 2 reality TV shows I watch every season.

Well, time to dish up that soup into the freezer containers. I hope everyone has a good week-end.

MaryUK
April 15th, 2016, 07:42 PM
I love Fridays last day of the working week for me - 3 days off now. Just got to put the border on a courthouse steps quilt but need to put it away as I'll be very busy from now on for, well probably months. My MIL is going into a residential home next week (she will be joining FIL who went there in January). So I need to pack for her, gather up some summer weight clothes for FIL and sort out her 2 cats who can't go with her.
My daughter is taking 1 and I am working on hubby to allow me to her the other one. She is a lovely old lady who only wants regular feeding and lots of fuss. He is not a cat lover really but I think I have talked him round ����
Then the big job starts...we have to clear the house of 65 years worth of belongings (she can only take a few things with her) and get the house ready for sale as they have to pay for their care here.
It's been a really tough time over the last few years for the family as the in laws both have dementia and a whole host of other medical problems. Been very emotional for us as we feel we have failed them but neither were safe to be left on their own and our house is not easy to negotiate around when a person can't walk without falling! The home is lovely and Dad settled in straight away and he is excited that Mum is joining him! We can't give them 24 hour care ourselves due to our own work commitments but they will be well looked after. So tomorrow will be very busy with food shopping, clothes washing but most of the day will be spent with Mum. Hope you all have a lovely weekend ����