PDA

View Full Version : Visited Missouri Star today.

lilamath
April 14th, 2016, 10:54 PM
I was in Hamilton today. I walked through all the shops. All the shop employees are so friendly and helpful. They helped me pick out fabric to finish the two quilts I've started. My husband and I had burgers on the outside tables as it was 70 degrees. He enjoyed the man's relaxation "cave" and read a new golf magazine. We are on our way home from being "winter Texans. It is back to MN tomorrow. I plan all winter for my stop at Missouri Star.:icon_wave::icon_bigsmile:

CraftySweetPeas
April 14th, 2016, 11:01 PM
What a great way to end Winter!! Safe travels home; we'll leave a light on for 'ya.

mamo69
April 15th, 2016, 12:34 AM
I was in Hamilton today. I walked through all the shops. All the shop employees are so friendly and helpful. They helped me pick out fabric to finish the two quilts I've started. My husband and I had burgers on the outside tables as it was 70 degrees. He enjoyed the man's relaxation "cave" and read a new golf magazine. We are on our way home from being "winter Texans. It is back to MN tomorrow. I plan all winter for my stop at Missouri Star.:icon_wave::icon_bigsmile:

Being a Native Texan and know my town is "home to many Winter Texans", may I ask where your Winter home is?

stationarymom
April 15th, 2016, 01:41 AM
What a nice way to spend the day.I hope I can go there some day.Travel safe

jjkaiser
April 15th, 2016, 02:31 AM
Sounds wonderful!! I am afraid to go to M! Afraid of what I will buy, afraid I would be completely out of control...

shermur
April 15th, 2016, 03:22 AM
jjkaiser....It does take some self control and you should save up funds to to spend! The last time I went (2.5 years ago)? I had to keep a running total in my head and that was just in the main shop! All the other shops didn't exist yet!

Granny Judy
April 15th, 2016, 04:23 AM
I dream of going some day... have a savings account all ear marked for that day. (sigh)

Bubby
April 15th, 2016, 09:32 AM
Visiting M* is the cherry on top of your your trip. It's a fantastic place to visit and I'm glad you were able to stop there.

WendyI
April 15th, 2016, 09:51 AM
That must have been wonderful! One day I will make it there!

SewnByBee
April 15th, 2016, 12:57 PM
I have a girl friend who lives in MO, she is trying to help me set up a visit. I really want to get to meet Jenny, and thank her in person, for helping me to learn, all that I have. Having access to these tutorials has been a blessing.

Oh, I wouldn't mind getting to gander around the store a lil, too.
Ooooooh what fun that would be.

Glad you got to get by there and check it out.

Splinter
April 15th, 2016, 11:23 PM
It makes me smile to know that you were able to visit Hamilton. I'm glad you had great weather and a delicious burger.

lilamath
April 16th, 2016, 12:48 AM
Being a Native Texan and know my town is "home to many Winter Texans", may I ask where your Winter home is?

We spend most of our time in Rockport, and then head to hill country for the last couple of weeks.

snippet
April 16th, 2016, 11:36 AM
We spend most of our time in Rockport, and then head to hill country for the last couple of weeks.

Well dang lilamath you are in my neck of the woods! I love Rockport/Port A and the hill country. Did you get to see the wildflowers while here? I had winter fever real bad a few weeks ago and thought I'd drive down to the coast for the weekend when I realized it was spring break. Bad idea so I stayed home. But I'm craving some shrimp real bad.....

So glad you make MSQC a stop on your way home. I found the people at the shops to be really helpful and friendly too. They are especially so if it isn't busy. I'm glad your hubby found the Man Cave to be comfortable too. I wonder how crowded it will be on the weekends and summer months? lol

BellasQuilts
April 16th, 2016, 08:38 PM
OMG, I was there today and probably saw you! I met Sandy Navas there as I was in town, and she was sweet enough to take time out of her day to hang with me. Okay, how much did you spend? LOL. Don't answer and I won't tell you what I spent.