PDA

View Full Version : I lost my tennant

Hulamoon
April 14th, 2016, 10:41 AM
Well this was a shock. They are moving May !st. The email was very matter of fact. The funny thing is my realtor said I could get more and I was too scared to ask. It's a blessing and a pain at the same time. The taxes are due and now their deposit just like that. ugg

grammaterry
April 14th, 2016, 10:49 AM
Oh, I know this is difficult but God will find a way for you. Money seems to cause us all a lot of stress because there is never enough of it. I try to shield DH from the fact that there isn't enough but that really puts a burden on one of us. But, somehow, something always comes along. It will for you too. Good things happen to good people. May 1st. Call your Realtor and maybe he can have a new tennent waiting in the wings that will put down the deposit before May 1st move in and voila, problem solved.

Hulamoon
April 14th, 2016, 11:37 AM
Oh, I know this is difficult but God will find a way for you. Money seems to cause us all a lot of stress because there is never enough of it. I try to shield DH from the fact that there isn't enough but that really puts a burden on one of us. But, somehow, something always comes along. It will for you too. Good things happen to good people. May 1st. Call your Realtor and maybe he can have a new tennent waiting in the wings that will put down the deposit before May 1st move in and voila, problem solved.

Thanks for being so optimistic for me. Strangly I'm not really too panicked. I can't afford to travel to Calif right now. That is the thing, depending on someone else's help so far away.That is what bothers me the most.

RockinLou
April 14th, 2016, 01:41 PM
Good Luck!! I'm sure it will all work out!

Sandy Navas
April 14th, 2016, 02:01 PM
Sending you hugs and understanding.

Claire Hallman
April 14th, 2016, 02:59 PM
Isn't that why you pay a real estate agent, to handle all these problems for you. If they think you can get more tenants or more money believe them, that is their business to know.
Don't stress on problems until they really are problems. Don't worry.....be happy. :icon_bigsmile:

Hulamoon
April 14th, 2016, 04:23 PM
You girls are so sweet.

Isn't that why you pay a real estate agent, to handle all these problems for you. If they think you can get more tenants or more money believe them, that is their business to know.
Don't stress on problems until they really are problems. Don't worry.....be happy. :icon_bigsmile:

There's one little problem there. I'm not paying her. I was in Calif for three months taking care of my aunt with in-home Hospice. I saved a realtors card, came home for several months and then I had to go back and decide what to do with the house. I tore the whole inside out, landscaped it and then called her. We met up at a street festival. Her card had her picture. We hugged and got along great

She came over and volunteered to help and I asked to pay her. She doesn't have a rental managers licence. So I have this little angel that could fly away in an instant.She is the only one I know, I am a little worried now I wrote that down. Yikes.

Bubby
April 14th, 2016, 04:37 PM
Sending you hugs and prayers that everything will work out for you.

WendyI
April 15th, 2016, 10:03 AM
Don't renters have to give you at least a month's notice or they forfeit their deposit? At least that's how it is here. In fact I think it's two months. I know laws are different in every province and def. in every state. I'm sure it will all work out in the end! (((HUGS)))

Hulamoon
April 15th, 2016, 10:22 AM
Don't renters have to give you at least a month's notice or they forfeit their deposit? At least that's how it is here. In fact I think it's two months. I know laws are different in every province and def. in every state. I'm sure it will all work out in the end! (((HUGS)))

They are on a month to month lease. But they could of been a little more generous with their notice. Geesh. I do have some good news though. I emailed my realator/friend and said you can hand this over, I'll understand. She said are you kidding, I will be your realtor forever. I really do have an angel!

Claire Hallman
April 15th, 2016, 12:42 PM
Sounds like you should start paying her for a job well done, at least when she gets you a new tenant at a higher rent. :icon_bigsmile:

Hulamoon
April 15th, 2016, 01:20 PM
Sounds like you should start paying her for a job well done, at least when she gets you a new tenant at a higher rent. :icon_bigsmile:

She won't me and I don't want to insult her by too little. I have sent her gifts for the last time. I think I might just make her a quilt. She is artsy, so I think a Kaffee Fasset is in order!

redcaboose1717
April 15th, 2016, 01:34 PM
]Lorie,
Sorry to hear about your issues with your tenant......something will work out for you I am sure.

A suggestion on how to keep Business cards where you can ALWAYS find them ?
A few years ago, when we were building an addition on to our first home ( Geez, that's been 23 yrs ago now ! ) I purchased ( at a dollar store ) a small photo album ( had 15-20 pages ) ....each time I get a business card from someone, I slip it between in the photo album pages. This way, I can always find the business card I need. I do try to keep them sorted in a way .....the first 1-2 pages are restaurants, then stores, medical , etc. ( everyone would do this different I am sure ) .
I always keep the photo album in my purse for easy use and safe keeping.

I realize I could go into the 21st century and put the info in my phone....but I find this much easier that putting them in my phone etc.

Here's two other tips I would like to share :

To avoid issues if your wallet /purse is ever stolen !
Can you remember all the numbers /exp. dates /codes on your credit cards, insurance cards etc. ? Here's a simple solution ...just in case :
Go to a self-copier and make a copy ( front and back ) of all your credit cards/insurance cards etc. in your wallet. Then put the copies in your safety deposit box at your bank /credit union.

Here's an address file system I still keep up....just in case my PC crashes !
I purchased a small file box ( like the ones you use for recipes )
I purchased White index cards & colored index cards.
I use the white index cards for Family /Friends addresses. ( I also jot down their B-days, Anniversaries etc. On the back of the white index card for each person I put the year 16 for each Christmas card I sent. At the end of the Christmas season, I go back to the card file and put a small + ( cross ) beside the year to remind me that I received a Christmas card from the person I sent one to (After 3-4 yrs I reconsider sending out a card to that person if they are no longer sending me cards....but as a rule to be truthful, I send them a card anyway ! )

Occasionally I get a couple of friends that still laugh at me for my Old-Fashioned system....but hey, if the computer dies or my cell phone is lost or dies ...I still have a record of these things just the same !
Just thought I would share these tips with everyone !