PDA

View Full Version : Thursday with Friday on the way

Blondie
April 14th, 2016, 06:36 AM
Hello Folksies
Thursday is here. I normally don't mind Thursday - I generally do chemical services at the salon on thursdays so I get to visit with peeps I don't see every week. A generally fairly short day - from 7 am until noon or so. I am not going to get to paint today or tomorrow, so my house will stay unsettled for a few more. I finally got the rest of the cabinet fronts off yesterday - that is after Luscious came home. A few screws were definitely skewed . Say that three times fast. They were old and frozen in place. I tried singing Let It Go and that didn't work. So, hubs to the rescue.

DD stopped by yesterday mid day and brought me some delicious orange sticky buns she made that morning. Oh, they were yummy. It also gave me a few minutes to sit, have a fresh cuppa coffee and chat. Then back to the step stool and those cabinet hinges. Sarah fell asleep on my sofa; I let her nap for a l-o-o-n-g stretch. She woke up, stretched and looked around like, what year is this, how old am I and oh yes, I should be home packing.

Have a great day, folksies. Wish I could say I could be stitching; soon enough. Soon Enough.

Blessings to all. Prayers for those in need of them. Smiles, naturally.

EnumclawGramma
April 14th, 2016, 07:00 AM
Good Morning! I'm up, having my coffee and watching the news! Today IS Thursday! My favorite day of the week. I get to see my DD today and I cannot wait! She's bringing my DGD to stay a few days (Spring Break!) and bonus! We'll do lunch hopefully. So I'll hit the ground running this morning.
I had such an awesome day yesterday with my other 5 Grands. We baked cookies, or should I say my middle GD did, all by herself. So I wrote out my recipe for "Gramma's Cookies" and passed the torch. I think it made her feel very accomplished and grown up. Such a sweet pea.
I will get a few boxes packed and do a little stitching before the girls get here. I'm going to be so ready for sleep tonight. Do you know what time it is here?
Hugs and Prayers! Have a wonderful day!

Bubby
April 14th, 2016, 07:51 AM
Morning Everyone...

Today I will finish sewing the binding on the modern quilt and decide what's next. It may be Jeff's skateboard quilt. Since finishing up the Orange Peel and Scottie quilts the UFO stack is pretty short unless I do some digging in the closet. I have Skateboard, Prairie Flower and Stacks quilts in my mind.

Our weather is supposed to get warmer at last. We still have flannel sheets and two quilts on our bed. I'm looking forward to sitting in the sunshine.

Blondie your kitchen will be so nice and fresh when it's done, but mercy all that work! I have memories of painting the inside of the cabinets in our old house....what in the world possessed me to do that! Jeff tried to tell me it would be a miserable job and he was more than right. I thought I would never get done.

Wishing everyone a great Thursday!

Ginny B
April 14th, 2016, 08:06 AM
Good morning. Libby, you sure are getting your day started early. Sounds like you are ready for a great time with your dgd.

Those orange sticky buns sure do sound yummy Blondie. And time with your dd sounds great too.

Another sunny morning here. :icon_bigsmile: Brings a smile to my face for sure. I've gotten a load of laundry just finishing up in the washer so that needs my attention and then I'll go spend a few precious minutes in my sewing room before work. Have a wonderful day everyone.

Monique
April 14th, 2016, 08:34 AM
Another beautiful sunny start to the day here. I did not do much of anything yesterday. I did manage to set up the quilt frame in my sewing room. Progress, right? That I can actually use it for quilting too?

I need to get to town to drop off 'stuff' to the church. Paid for my driver's license yesterday, expires on Saturday.

Were the wolves/coyotes howling early last night, about 10 pm. I don't normally hear them at that hour. That was twice in one day. Scary!

Today marks the 30th Anniversary of my Father's death. Still fresh in my mind today. He was demolishing a building and it fell on him. Died of a massive heart attack. Still miss him so much and so much he missed out on.

Have a great day everyone.

MRoy
April 14th, 2016, 08:36 AM
Good morning! It's going to be beautiful (warm!) weather here from now through the weekend. I mowed the yard yesterday afternoon after I finished binding the bowtie quilt. Mowing could've waited a couple more days but I want to spend this great weather doing something else...like fishing!

Grandma Nan
April 14th, 2016, 09:04 AM
Good morning folks

I had a great day yesterday, spent it with my 3 cousins and sister quilting my applique quilt on my little frame. We had a great day of laughs and snacking and eating.

Today is our last day of learning free motion quilting. I am really getting to quite like it. I need oodles more practice before I would attack a quilt but feeling more comfortable about it all the time. Not ready for competitions yet but I definitely can see doing smaller lap size or twin quilts. I really do enjoy it.

Best be going, class starts in a short time and I'm not quite ready yet. Have a great day. I have no idea why this is upside down and I don't know how to fix it. It was right in my computer file when I selected it. Oh well, we really did have a fun day.

MayinJerset
April 14th, 2016, 09:33 AM
129282Turned it around for you. You gals do look like you all are enjoying your time together.

We better do that food shopping today or all we will have for dinner is canned soup and crackers. We planned to do it and some errands a few times the past week or so but something more important always popped up. We also need to get a new faucet for the kitchen sink. The water flow is greatly reduced, American Standard sent us a new part that didn't solve the problem.

Been up for hours but getting a slow start today, need more coffee and maybe some toast. Have an oval loaf of thin sliced Italian bread that makes great toast and another slice or two would hit the spot right now. 129283

Cathy F
April 14th, 2016, 09:47 AM
Morning all,
Another nice sunny day in my neighborhood a gal could get spoiled two days in a row, could this finally be spring!

Seurity in my town pretty tight with roads closed as early as 5am this morning in preparation for Donald Trump's arrival this evening. Glad I don't need anything from town today or it would certainly be a convoluted ride trying to get there.
Not too much new going on here. Will try to get a bit of sewing in today and tonight I have a class to teach, fortunately I have all my baking done for it.
Time for my coffee, hugs to all who are need in a few extra today.

Grandma Nan
April 14th, 2016, 09:59 AM
129282Turned it around for you. You gals do look like you all are enjoying your time together.

We better do that food shopping today or all we will have for dinner is canned soup and crackers. We planned to do it and some errands a few times the past week or so but something more important always popped up. We also need to get a new faucet for the kitchen sink. The water flow is greatly reduced, American Standard sent us a new part that didn't solve the problem.

Been up for hours but getting a slow start today, need more coffee and maybe some toast. Have an oval loaf of thin sliced Italian bread that makes great toast and another slice or two would hit the spot right now. 129283

Thanks May. We are a crazy group but quilting upside down is something we haven't tried.

dwil23
April 14th, 2016, 10:03 AM
Good Morning all! Well my planned sewing time just didn't happen last night. My right knee has started bothering me - A LOT. And I keep getting muscle spasms in both legs and that was all happening last night so I went to bed early. Maybe today - but there is so much work to be done around here, don't know if I can justify it, especially since I have no deadlines to meet.

(((HUGS))) to you Monique. I know how those sad anniversaries can get you down. So many times over the years you wish that they were here to see things that happen - grandchildren, graduations, weddings, birthdays....

Hope everyone has a Blessed Day!

mischiefkat
April 14th, 2016, 10:15 AM
Good Morning all, DH woke me at 6am to take the antiviral for the shingles. He said I moaned and cried out all night. I slept on the couch for a couple of hours after he left. Awoke to a sunny warm day. Going to do a little picking up etc, then I can sew. I've cut out another YBR, so much fun to put together. This will be my third one. Somehow I all ways miss cut the blocks and end up with not enough blocks when I lay it out. Extra fabric to the rescue. Going to get another cuppa coffee and get going, Hugs to all( everybody needs one) and prayers to all who need them. Kathy

grammaterry
April 14th, 2016, 10:35 AM
I hate it when celebrities come to town and disrupt everything with their "self importance" Crazy world. Painting, quilting, grocery shopping, those are the things that make the world go round. Today is back to the restaurant day for me. Did the shopping for the food yesterday and need to go in early to get the food prep done. Pies, potatoes and meat cutting will be the bane of my existence for the next few days. Since I've started the Shriners Quilt raffle it is a little more interesting for me because it gives me an excuse to talk about quilting to my customers. ha ha. Spring seems to have arrived here in the Carolina's. I'll work the next 4 days and then off to South Carolina to help with the Grand children while my daughter has surgery. I'll be a good week for me...hope yours will be great.

Dollyquilts
April 14th, 2016, 10:49 AM
I'm going to the zoo with a friend today. She is super strong and can load my Go scooter into my SUV. I need to get a bumper hitch and a rack to carry it, but have been procrastinating. There is a new gorilla exhibit I haven't seen that has been calling to me.

I fell getting out of bed the other morning and I think I've broken my foot just below my toes. There's a knot there that has just appeared.

There was an unprovoked shooting of an officer this morning. He was leaning on the passenger side of another patrol car when someone approached him from behind and shot him six times. He needs our prayers. He's been in surgery since 1:00 a.m. and they have not announced his prognosis. His wife is in law enforcement too. There is sure a lot of meanness out there.

My DGD has strep and has been sleeping 13 hours a day plus sleeping through the night. This will be the third day she's home from school. All that sleeping has me concerned, but she was pretty lively at dinner last night. She's a senior this year and preparing for prom and all the trappings. I only have the two DGD's but they are a huge blessing in my life and I'm fortunate enough to only live a half mile from them.

Hope everyone achieves what they want to today. Prayers for those who need them.

toggpine
April 14th, 2016, 01:44 PM
We arrived in OK safely. But we both seem to be having a sinus attack. Stuff noses, sore throat, headaches, I'm pretty sure some fever over night, especially from Em.
A trip to the pharmacy this morning and a short nap seem to have helped.

My aunt didn't do as she said, and she and Grandma are still in TX. Gram fell and got herself a nasty hematoma that Aunt didn't get her to the Dr. to treat. She was late to the appointment yesterday and missed the actual Dr, and the PA couldn't do the procedure to drain it and thought it looked infected. Grrrreeaaaat.
It sounds like Em & I may be making a drive to Dallas tomorrow. Grrrrr.
The rest of the family here seems to be well, so that is good!
Hugs to you all! C

RockinLou
April 14th, 2016, 01:56 PM

my mouth is watering at the thought of a thin sliced loaf of italian bread from NJ... I hope it was half as wonderful as it is in my imagination.

Angelia
April 14th, 2016, 10:03 PM
Dollyquilts--how was the gorilla exhibit? I could happily sit and watch them all day.

MayinJerset
April 15th, 2016, 06:31 AM
my mouth is watering at the thought of a thin sliced loaf of italian bread from NJ... I hope it was half as wonderful as it is in my imagination.

The bread by itself is just OK but it does make great crispy toast. Just a slice or two left that I'm holding onto for today's breakfast.
I'd send you a loaf but it would be pretty stale and hard by the time it gets to you.

Cathy, Sorry you haven't met up with Grandma yet, hope everyone feels better and you enjoy your visit.