PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday Night Owl

stationarymom
April 13th, 2016, 02:51 AM
I had a quiet day today. It was rainy here and the dog wouldn't go out because I wouldn't bring his frisbee outside to play(talk about spoiled).My kids and I went out to dinner tonight for a change because my DH had to work late.I missed the quilt show that was here over the weekend because I had to go to a funeral for one of my Dh work associates.I hope when the International quilt show comes to N.H. in the summer I can make it.I hope all is well with the other Night Owls.

MayinJerset
April 13th, 2016, 03:16 AM
Hi Joan, We had a nice day, BFF and her DH came over around 1:30 and we sat and talked and drank coffee until almost 5 - so nice to catch up with has been happening in our lives. BFF brought over a book of Pete Hamill's short stories. She remembered that DH and I grew up in the same Brooklyn neighborhood as Hamill. Although we didn't know him personally he's about DH's age and often writes about growing up in our neighborhood, something we can relate to. Last I heard he was Editor in Chef of The NY Daily News, a newspaper that members of both DH and my family worked for - starting in the 1930's as laborers to truck drivers to printers and ending in DH's brother being a reporter and editor there for about 30 years. Growing up the day didn't start right unless we read the Daily News at breakfast or on the subway going to work.

Getting a little sleepy so please excuse me while I take a little cat nap. 129212

stationarymom
April 13th, 2016, 03:23 AM
I love sitting with a good friend with coffee and talking for hours it's like therapy for my anxiety.I'm glad you had a good day and good company.Sleep tight(I think all the other owls are)

Hulamoon
April 13th, 2016, 04:05 AM
Sounds like a nice day. I just did some cleaning. I found this little cutie for all the owls.

mmmcrafts: Early Bird/Night Owl reversible pillow pattern is in the shop! (http://mmmcrafts.blogspot.com/2016/04/early-birdnight-owl-reversible-pillow.html?utm_source=Shiny+Happy+Mailing+List&utm_campaign=d4db0553f9-block_trimming_and_layout_play4_10_2016&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_070490877c-d4db0553f9-311279373&mc_cid=d4db0553f9&mc_eid=2d9f228bee)

Judy, USMC
April 13th, 2016, 04:16 AM
Rained here today also. But it was just off-and-on mild spring-ish showers. I'm still not up to par and wish I could have a visit with my BFF in Chicago. We sit in her backyard garden when I'm up there. Somehow emailing back and forth just isn't the same.

Getting ready for 2016 Row by Row. Can't wait to see what the rows and license plates look like, Off to take another pill and get into bed. Y'all stay safe!

kimsophia
April 13th, 2016, 06:49 AM
I'm one confused night owl...I fell asleep on the couch from around 7:30 to 11. I was confused and thought that the Warriors were playing but they play tonight at 9:30. If they win they set the record for most wins in the regular season. I love watching the Warriors when they are hitting their 3-point shots. They can even hit them all the way across the court sometimes! :D

I guess I'll take a pill and try to sleep today so I can be awake tonight for that game. Hoot hoot to all.