PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday here I come

Blondie
April 12th, 2016, 07:08 AM

Hello Folksies!

So, I missed Monday somehow. I barely remember it, I was that busy. Today's a new day and it feels like a Monday to me. The past several days are kinda a blur, so it is just as well.

We had some tree trimmer guys out on Saturday to trim the oaks back from the house in preparation for a roof that will be done eventually, hopefully before the limbs grow out and cover the house again. Told Luscious that I would sleep better knowing that a stiff wind wouldn't cause one to come through our bedroom. We saved some money by clearing the debris ourselves. What were we thinking? I mean it's our backs on only money, right? We got the front fairly cleaned but the back - oy vey! We will have a nice pile of hardwood for next winter.

While the guys were on trimming the trees, I started painting the kitchen. I am wanting to paint each room - it's been years and is way over due. I have only made a dent and my house looks like moving day. What an ordeal - my poor fat knees go up and down the step ladder. I suddenly feel like my Mom. Anyway, I am wanting a white, yellow kitchen with red accents. Only working on the white at the moment since the little yellow sample jar I bought to try is waaayyyy too bright for me. Since it is rainy today, I may run to the store and find another lighter shade of yellow. Has anyone else heard it is not good to paint on rainy days?

Off to find the coffee pot. And ibuprofen.

Big blessings, hugs and smiles to all. Make it totally terrific Tuesday!

Carol336
April 12th, 2016, 07:16 AM
Good morning Blondie and all who follow. I agree girl....what were you thinking....next time pay the guy and save your backs - LOL.

Been sewing up a storm, making bags - shoe bags, zipper pouches, microwave potato bags...moving on to some totes and maybe a few little purse size tissue holder thingies. Our community is having a big flea market/yard sale at the end of the month and I'm hoping to sell a few bags. Anyone got a good pattern for an eyeglass case, and/or any suggestions for small bags/items that might sell well....I'm open to any and all suggestions.

I think I'm going to take a little break from the sewing today and get a few things done around here.....I can write my name on the table tops....not a good thing.

Have a great day everyone

Ginny B
April 12th, 2016, 08:08 AM
Good morning and Happy Tuesday all. Boy, yesterday was a typical Monday at work for everyone. It started out with me not being able to find my id to get into the building. Then when I did get to my desk, the temperature in our area was up to 86 degrees! Paperwork that I needed to submit to payroll was slow coming to me and very frustrating. Then to top it off, we are having work done in one of our buildings with walls being knocked down. Well, for some reason they didn't put up the barriers to keep the dust from going to other parts of the building and one of our employees had to be taken by ambulance to the hospital because it triggered a severe asthma attack. Ugh. But today is another day and a fresh start so here's to hoping for a calmer work day.

Blondie, love the color combination you are putting in your kitchen. It's what I did in mine. I found a nice soft yellow for the walls.
Carol, good luck at the flea market/yard sale. How about a few mug rugs?

Time to move this Tuesday along. Going to start out with some rain but they say we will see the sun later today. Now if the wind would just stop blowing, I would be a much happier gal. Wind sort of gets on my nerves after a while.

Have a great day everyone.

Monique
April 12th, 2016, 08:28 AM
Good morning. I actually got a little sewing done last night. I attached hanging sleeves to two rows I did for my brother. I need to finish the binding on one of them. I also need to undo a placemat I made. BOOBOO, I missed adding a little border. UGH. I have to undo the whole thing.

I may go to Renfrew today to get some groceries. It is a nice sunny day and the temperatures are slowly climbing up. It is going to be really warm at least until next week. WOOHOO it is about time, that will melt the snow for sure. I have had new visitors to the feeder lately, I had two evening grossbeaks on Saturday, redpolls, Lulu is back, and a kazillion pine siskens, purple finches, junkos to name a few. I need to get more seed as they are really hungry these days. I am filling the feeder every day at most. I am loving watching them.

Have a great day friends. I see sunshine.

Bubby
April 12th, 2016, 08:29 AM
Morning Everyone. I missed yesterday but I'm back. My MIL and SIL left and are visiting Jeff's brother and family now. I was so happy to get to know my d SIL better while she was here. I think we formed a little bond.

I'm taking the day to rest up a little. My allergies are extreme this year and interfere with my sleep. Dot & Olive need some extra hugs today. They camped out underneath the chase lounge a lot the past few days.

Ginny, sorry your working conditions are so rough right now. Hopefully things will improve for you soon.

Wishing everyone a great day....thanks for being the awesome group you are....Hugs All Around

Suzette
April 12th, 2016, 09:14 AM
I hear you Blondie! We just moved into a fixer upper in the country and so far I have painted almost every room in the house - including trim. I am getting quite a workout going up and down that ladder, not to mention the thigh workout getting up and down off the floor painting that wood baseboard white! Ouch!! :D But it's all worth it - we are slowly turning it into our perfect home.

Hope you all have a good Tuesday and get some quilting in. Lots of rain here in my neck of the woods today, but a good reason to get into my quilt room and quilt the day away. :icon_bigsmile: The rest of the painting can wait for a sunny day...

Grandma Nan
April 12th, 2016, 09:25 AM
Hi everyone

It is a bright sunny day here in beautiful Kingston. Its about time. I thought for sure that Mother Nature had abandoned us. Also the temperatures are climbing which is a wonderful thing. Looking forward to nicer weather.

Boohoo, I can't sew today. I have volunteering/appointments all day but maybe this evening. I have to get my homework done for my FMQ class on Thursday. I also have to do some food prep as I am having my sister and 4 cousins here tomorrow afternoon to quilt and craft and gab and laugh. It will be a good day. I am hoping we can finish hand quilting my little lap quilt with the applique on it. I have had it on my frame for a few months and have lost interest in it but hoping a few helping hands and new interest will get that puppy finished and I can bind it. It always seems to me that once I put it in the closet and then come back a few weeks later that my fondness has returned but right now I am so sick of looking at that quilt.

I need to head off to the shower and get this day going. Hope everyone has a great day.

Jean Sewing Machine
April 12th, 2016, 09:30 AM
Hi everyone! Looking forward to some nice warm spring weather here!

Blondie, lucky for you, Kona has decided the Color of the Year is a nice bright yellow! You will be right in style.

I had occasion to paint a big basement room back in January. I knew it would hurt, climbing, crawling rolling. I have a somewhat sore right shoulder and indeed after the first day of rolling paint and getting down on the floor, I was ready to turn to checkbook painting( you know, pay the man to do it, write a check). But that wasn't an option. The next day, I started painting, and guess what, my shoulder didn't hurt! I guess the rolling was like physical therapy, and much cheaper!

Got some sewing done, finished my daughter's birthday quilt last night. I'm not sure it will get to her by Thursday, but it's finished. Hip hip hooray!

Have a great day!

URIBARRI-MAYOR
April 12th, 2016, 09:36 AM
Hello everyone, and we are Tuesday and took 12 days of April. the days go too fast and always we have more things to do, I think we have to stop a little and breathe for this to go a little more slowly, as always see that we all have something to tell, from our work or what we do at home Blondie my I also like painting the house and changing the role of the walls, but the years pass and more and costs more, sometimes when Im on top of a ladder, I alone at home, I remember the times you scolded my mother for doing the same, and told him that being alone does not. The other day I told them we had a party in a "TXOKO" it is a place to meet, I would like to teach some photos of the txoko my DD. I hope you like it. Meantime I wish you a lovely day, cheerful and happy, greetings129169129170129171129172

songbird857
April 12th, 2016, 09:50 AM
Mornin' all :)
We will be painting here soon too... seems like every room needs an update! Will be replacing carpets and flooring at some point too - been looking at the laminate wood flooring in place of carpet - we'll see.
WHOEVER TOOK MY SEWING MOJO - COULD YOU PLEASE GIVE IT BACK???
Seriously - since I got sick, I've sewn one little toddler dress... we're talking a month and a half people!! I did get some fun things at the expo, so I have plans to get in there soon. I also ordered today's DD - I had been looking for a good 'light light' background for my 365 quilt - even looked for something at the expo - nuthin'. Then today's DD pops up and it was like a slap upside my head - DUH! I already have 3 yards of that Bella natural... combine that with two yards for the DD, throw in a pair of Machingers gloves that I've been eyeing, and Voila!
The next two weeks will be busy though, so realistically, I probably can't really get into my sewing room til May. Oh well, C'est La Vie (did I spell that right??)
Ok, lots to do today - gonna get another cup o' coffee and get moving ;)
Did I tell you guys how much I appreciate all of you today?? Well, I do. :icon_kiss:

WendyI
April 12th, 2016, 10:11 AM
Morning one and all. Nothing new here really. Had a bit of a rant at my kids school this morning. Apparently there has been some vandalism occurring on the bus and yesterday when the driver found a muddy footprint on the seat he decided to hold the kids hostage and interrogate them until someone fessed up....which of course they didn't. Liam was 20 minutes late getting home and his cell phone was dead. I was NOT impressed when I found out what happened to called the school to discuss it with them this morning. I get that he is frustrated, but if he ever holds my kid up like that again, I'll have his job! Meanwhile, I will set Liam and his friends to figure out who is causing the damage and I will rat the wee brat out.

I have to be testing all morning today...ugh. Barely have time to finish my tea! These early morning meetings/testing sessions are interfering with my forum time!

Hope you all have a fantastic day! xoxox

MayinJerset
April 12th, 2016, 10:21 AM
Paint on Blondie, Never heard about not painting when it rains, might come from the days when we used oil based paints that took quite some time to dry especially when it was damp. With all the furniture piled in the middle of the room it was difficult to keep the kids from touching the fresh wet paint. Today's paints dry so quickly. Soft yellow is nice, that's what we painted our kitchen a few years ago, little touches of blue from the adjoining rooms. Doesn't the house feel so fresh with new paint, too bad it's so much work. Come to think of it this place could use some paint, any volunteers?

Time to get a move on, want to make a coffee cake for when BFF and her DH come over this afternoon. 129190Somehow I posted 2 quotes. another cup of coffee couldn't hurt right now.

grammaterry
April 12th, 2016, 11:04 AM
My daughter paints every room in her house once a year; I used to do mine at least every other year. Now you all have reminded me its been 8 years for every room except the living room which I did 5 yrs ago. Ho hum. I just don't know when I'll get to it.
About those laminent floors. We have them in the restaurant and they are fine. Been down 16 yrs. THe thing you need to know about them is don't let them get wet and when you are mopping make sure the mop is wrung out really good. I don't think hardwoods are a lot more expensive and they surely are easier to maintain and if they do get scratched you can refinish them.

EnumclawGramma
April 12th, 2016, 12:29 PM
Good Morning! I'm late (again)! It's a really Fall looking day here, hoping it warms up by the weekend because DH is turning the big six oh and retiring and we're having a lil' family shindig. On top of getting the house ready to sell and move I really don't think I can come up with a way to get myself busier!
I have lived in this house 10+ years and I have only painted one room. It was all freshly done when we bought it and I have always liked the way it is. I don't believe I'm even doing any painting to sell. The market is just getting so hot, I hear tell it really doesn't matter. We'll see! There's plenty of other stuff to do to get ready. OY!
Off for one more cup of coffee and then to get busy! I've got to begin packing boxes! Hugs/Prayers for all in need. Have a wonderful day!

SewnByBee
April 12th, 2016, 12:42 PM
Hi all, looks like we have some busy people here, freshing up for spring.
Enjoy, your doings and all.

I use to do a lot of this too. We still have a to do list, maybe we'll get around to some of them......it's a work in progress. As we can, you know.

I have the dreaded paper work to do......yey...... did I tell you how bad I dislike doing paper work ????........I put it off every time. .......I mean to get ahead on it but it always gets ahead of me.......lOl.

Hope you all have a blessed day.

quiltingtrish
April 12th, 2016, 05:42 PM
Painting - love to do it but waiting for summer when I'm off work. I have 3 bedrooms to do. The one kids bedroom hasn't been done since we moved in 20 years ago. Kid #3 bedroom is super-bright yellow - that will change to something a little less dramatic. Our bedroom - I am going to pull everything out of that room and clean/declutter/paint/etc. I am just ready for a whole new look in there somehow. The furniture won't change, nor the bed but I think with a new wall color and new quilt on the bed it will help to make it feel different.
In the quilting department - I am in the middle of trying to get a sample quilt on the frame to FMQ. I have to look at the video again and watch part 1 and go downstairs and do that part, watch part 2 and go downstairs and do that part, etc. Until I do it often enough to remember what goes where and how it all goes on - that is how it's done for now.
Tonight at our Guild meeting is our annual auction where you can spend $5.00 (the money goes towards the Guild's expenses) and you get a yard of tickets. You write your name on them and throw one in a paper bag of items you are interested in. If your name is called, you get the item/items. It's a lot of fun and starts an hour earlier than usual. People bring in stuff they don't want anymore and there are usually quite a few long tables with stuff on them. I would say about 95% of it is related to quilting and sewing.
DH just called and asked if I wanted a sub tonight. Yay - no cooking for me, how perfect is that for an evening!
OK - everyone enjoy the rest of your day. The sun is out here which is wonderful.