PDA

View Full Version : Oh Monday

Monique
April 11th, 2016, 09:54 AM
Good morning. Where are all the bodies this morning? Another sucky day today, rain/snow/freezing rain, you pick. Well Les and I went antiquing yesterday and he bought me a really cute little tin that says Singer on it and a bracelet I was eyeing. Then we went to the racetrack for supper and a little betting. This was my pre-birthday present. I didn't win anything but Les won twice, which I think he came out a little ahead.

Today he was supposed to take his sister to the city but it looks like that may be cancelled. He was gone when I got up, but not gone far, I think to the neighbour's for coffee.

Not sure what is on today's agenda.

Have a great day everyone.

MayinJerset
April 11th, 2016, 10:19 AM
I was here earlier but left to find a recipe for Shepard's pie. I have a good idea what ingredients are needed but not sure how to make the gravy for the filling. Found several recipes and probably will figure out how to do it.

WendyI
April 11th, 2016, 10:35 AM
wow...sure is quiet in here...normally I would be very late to the game posting at 9:30 in the morning! Hoping everyone is well! xox

This Saturday I went on a wee adventure! Met a friend in Hamilton which is about 45 min away from me (well the way I drive). Then we hopped on a Go Train and went into Union Station in Toronto, caught a subway and then a street car and stopped at a pub that was recommended for dinner. Afterwards, we headed to the loft of a friend of my friend who is an actress. She does a one woman show about her family and mental illness. It was so well done! I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a HUGE amount of walking for me and my knees were very sore by the end of the evening but I feel good today so can't complain! I was up until 3 a.m. though so yesterday was a very lazy day!

This afternoon will be house cleaning and laundry...exciting! woo! Might stop by the library and pick up a book or two. Liam is with his dad this evening for supper so I will just do left overs. Nothing much else exciting happening here. Good luck with your shepards pie May! The recipe I have used in the past doesn't have gravy but calls for two cans of creamed corn. I love it but most people prefer the gravy based ones. Let us know how it turns out!

SewnByBee
April 11th, 2016, 11:11 AM
Oh Monday, it is.
Coffee ???
Could take a cup or three, today....lol.
Slow start here.

..... ... ......... ..129121

Hoping you all have a Blessed week.

Cathy F
April 11th, 2016, 11:16 AM
Morning all,
Yum, Shepard's pie sounds good. I've never made that recipe should try it. I made chicken pot pies the other night for dinner and they were so good. Instead of using a pie crust on top I used puff pastry, so good and flaky.

Seems the sun disappeared again today and looks like we may get more rain. Guess it's a good day to clean the sewing room up a bit. Was looking through some fabric bins and of course fabrics did not all get put back where they belong.

Not much else going on in my world today. Hugs to all who could use a few extra today.

auntiemern
April 11th, 2016, 11:36 AM
Morning all. Looks like all the regulars either slept in or had other things to do this AM. May, shepherds pie sounds great. My DH isn't real big on one dish meals, and casseroles, but I love them. Any way I don't get to have them very often. I have a couple of packages to mail today, and clean my sewing room up. It is a disaster from working on the T-Shirt quilt, and looking for some papers in the old waterbed drawers that my cutting/ironing surface is on. DD is off today, and I really need the break. Have a great day all. Hugs and blessings to all. Prayers for those in need.

JCY
April 11th, 2016, 12:04 PM
Cloudy & sprinkles here. Only 44 deg. I think it's supposed to last only 1 day, then warmer temps later this week. It's a perfect day to sew. I have the laundry going. Yest. I laid out the 48 blocks (6.5") I recently made from 2.5" binding & border scraps for Bonnie Hunter's Carolina Chain. I've rearranged the blocks several times. I'm one of those who doesn't like the same fabrics or colors next to each other, but they be impossible with this quilt. I just have to make sure all the white chains go one direction, and the dark chains go in the other direction.

I've been wanting to make a COC quilt. I've been searching the web for the best prices for a circle cut ruler & a 28 mm Olfa rotary cutter, as well as replacement blades. Believe it or not, Wal-Mart's price is competitive with Amazon & a couple other places.

Well, I haven't eaten breakfast yet, so I need to get on with my day.

EnumclawGramma
April 11th, 2016, 12:54 PM
Happy Monday! It's late here - 9AM, but I'm up and moving! The grey weather has returned, and it looks like rain. It's a good day to stay inside and sew. I need to pack some boxes and begin making a dent in the sorting stuff here. We need to get this house listed in probably no less than 3 weeks, the market is really heating up here. STRESS! I really try to keep this in perspective by looking at it as a new adventure that we're going on, and who knows where it'll take us? It's a good change, change is good, it's going to be fine. Right?

May Shepherds pie!!! My DH LOVES it. He grew up eating cottage pie (made with beef instead of lamb) and it's one of the recipes his Mom shared with me from the very beginning. Let us know how it goes!

Off to get busy! Have a wonderful day, hugs/prayers for all in need....

Claire Hallman
April 11th, 2016, 01:16 PM
Packing is the pits, we are moving in 6 weeks, it is too long to pack up everything but it will fly by I am sure and I will be scurrying at the end.
Our house sold in about a month, be prepared.

MaggieSue
April 11th, 2016, 02:02 PM
Today is my day off and I am enjoying a slow start!!! Been working on a t-shirt quilt for my grandson's graduation. Misplaced the letter C my daughter gave me to put on the quilt. C=captain of the hockey team. I have torn my sewing room apart looking for it. May try to contact the coach to see if I might purchase one, then I will not have to mention to daughter!!!

Monique
April 11th, 2016, 03:56 PM
Today is my day off and I am enjoying a slow start!!! Been working on a t-shirt quilt for my grandson's graduation. Misplaced the letter C my daughter gave me to put on the quilt. C=captain of the hockey team. I have torn my sewing room apart looking for it. May try to contact the coach to see if I might purchase one, then I will not have to mention to daughter!!!

You could pray to St. Anthony to find it for you.

PRAYER TO SAINT ANTHONY
TO RECOVER LOST THINGS

O blessed St. Anthony,
the grace of God has made you a powerful advocate
in all our needs and the patron
for the restoring of things lost or stolen.
I turn to you today with childlike love and deep confidence.
You have helped countless children of God
to find the things they have lost,
material things, and, more importantly,
the things of the spirit: faith, hope, and love.
I come to you with confidence;
help me in my present need.
I recommend what I have lost to your care,
in the hope that God will restore it to me,
if it is His holy Will.

Amen.

EnumclawGramma
April 11th, 2016, 05:52 PM
Packing is the pits, we are moving in 6 weeks, it is too long to pack up everything but it will fly by I am sure and I will be scurrying at the end.
Our house sold in about a month, be prepared.

The market is heating up out here, my niece and her DH listed and within a week then had 3 offers and will be looking at them tonight. I'm ready for that!