PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about this layout?

shell.scraps
March 3rd, 2010, 05:37 PM
This is 1 pack of turnovers (Kansas City Winter by Moda) and some white that I had laying around...

I'm not sure if I like it or not...sorry for the crappy photo...I took it with my phone...

quiltingtrish
March 3rd, 2010, 06:09 PM
That looks great! Now to put a border and/or binding on it and it's done! Like the colors you choose.

Hugs,
quilting trish

patticakes
March 4th, 2010, 10:57 AM
I agree, really like this layout! A dark border would really set it off. Can't wait to see your finished quilt!

pokeyrella22
March 5th, 2010, 06:53 AM
I REALLY LIKE IT !!! I HAVEN'T USED TURNOVERS YET, BUT WOULD LOVE TO DO ONE LIKE YOURS. YOU DID A GREAT JOB

pdjewelrylady
March 5th, 2010, 02:36 PM
Don't ya just love turnover packs!! - makes it so easy!! I like the layout - agree DARK borders would be the way to go. thanks for sharing :)

piebaldbully
March 20th, 2010, 07:51 PM
I like it... Wendi

SondraR
March 20th, 2010, 09:32 PM
I think it looks great! I love your piecing wall, so you can lay it out before you start putting it together! I sooooo need a bigger house so I can do something like that!!!

liviamarie3
March 21st, 2010, 01:37 AM
wow! Its really nice! Love how the white really makes everything pop!

shell.scraps
March 21st, 2010, 02:20 AM
thanks...my wall..it's really just a flannel lined table cloth hanging from the rails of our drop ceiling!! It sure comes in handy though...

and we went to the fabric warehouse the other day and I got some green and red to do borders and binding...so a few more rows pieced and this will no longer be a WIP...

pmriley
March 21st, 2010, 04:00 AM
It looks great!! I cant wait til I can quilt like that.

shell.scraps
March 21st, 2010, 12:46 PM
It looks great!! I cant wait til I can quilt like that.

oh sweetie don't wait!! It is SUPER SIMPLE to quilt like that..I certainly have my share of screw ups and I'm still learning how to machine quilt my own stuff rather than send it out...

don't shortchange yourself!! anyone can do what I'm doing if they can sew a seam. and besides you can frog it if you mess up and just start over!! quilting can be a very forgiving craft.....

so give it a try and we are here to help you out every step of the way!!!

ladybugmom62
March 21st, 2010, 09:31 PM
I really like the layout. It's clean and straight forward. Can't wait to see the finished one!

kjstrouble
March 23rd, 2010, 06:29 AM
Nice layout. It will be interesting to see what it looks like when it is done. Please post more pictures!