PDA

View Full Version : Sunny Sunday Morning

Ginny B
April 10th, 2016, 10:22 AM
Good morning everyone. The sun is shining brightly this morning and it's a welcome sight after the cold, rainy Saturday we had. But yesterday was still a good day. Our granddaughter Lily Cecile was christened and she was an absolute angel. She loved looking around the church at the murals and candles and she even gave the priest her rapt attention when he was speaking. She seemed to know this was an important, special day.

Today I will catch up on laundry, etc. and spend some time in my sewing room. Not sure which project I will work on but whatever it is I am sure it will make me smile.

Have a great day all

ceiliam
April 10th, 2016, 10:33 AM
Ginny so glad your little was christened and you were there. Family is such a important part of our lives.
We are having rain here again today supposed to have it on and off all week. Which we need. Hopefully it will clearup long enough to take the dog out for a walk, he hates water on his back, in fact he charges home when that happens, crazy Petey pup. Trying to get a few projects done this week, including buttonholes put on 3 blouses I made in my sewing class. Oh do I hate doing button holes.
Hope to get down to sisters to help her with her foot care, really mobility challenged, and diabetic so going to so a pedicure of sorts for her. Hope all have a wonderful day

Cathy F
April 10th, 2016, 11:46 AM
Morning all,
Yea, the sun shining today! Bit chilly but I'll take that over cloudy and rain.Lazy morning here enjoying the paper with a cup of coffee and bagel.

Did work up in the sewing room a bit yesterday and got quite a bit of my owl quilt put together. Now have to stitch around all the applique work to hold them down. Some of the areas are quite small so that will give me some anxiety getting it just the way I want. As my sister always tells me "finished over perfection", we'll see if I can let it go at that.

Getting my projects lined up for my retreat on the 21st, getting my l ist made of all I want to accomplish. Four days of just sewing should be able to get quite a bit done.

Off to get my day started, have a few things to straighten up, then enjoy the day.

MayinJerset
April 10th, 2016, 12:11 PM
Happy to hear that Miss Lily Cecile enjoyed her Special Day, Blessings to your little granddaughter.

Didn't get too much sleep last night so I'm taking is easy this morning. Will pat some fabrics later and that should get me in a good mood. It may be a bit cold out but it does look like Spring - happy to see that all our azalea shrubs made it through the Winter. Can't wait until they bloom and give the front of the house a colorful look. No pretty bulbs this year but plenty of wild onions, never really get rid of those suckers. I have a lovely potted hydrangea that I need to find a good spot for. Have a Good Day.

alliek
April 10th, 2016, 02:12 PM
Sunny and crisp and clear here today. Love this weather. Ginny, what a lovely name of your GD,and a special day that you celebrated. Many blessings to you and your family. As a former Long Islander (38 years, Suffolk Cty), I tell you I still miss it every day. OK,maybe not the traffic on major roadways, but the proximity to the bays and oceans is something that I can't get over. Enjoy your day!