PDA

View Full Version : Opening Night Owl

toggpine
April 9th, 2016, 01:38 AM
It's opening night of baseball in Seattle. I'm a radio baseball fan, not so much a TV fan. I really loved Dave Niehaus as the announcer, and since he retired (and subsequently passed away) the sound just isn't the same. I do hope they can put together at least a winning season.

I had to go out and find some shorts/capris for Missy. She has outgrown all of hers from last year. I wanted to make sure she had some for our trip. It was cheaper for me to buy full jeans and cut them off myself than to buy a pair of shorts. The super short kind were even more expensive. (Not that I would ever buy her a pair of those!) Crazy!

No sewing tonight. Busy day tomorrow with barn cleaning and garden work.
What's up in your neck of the woods?

bubba
April 9th, 2016, 01:42 AM
Any new baby goats??? Oh, and that is really smart about buying long pants to cut to capris or shorts!!

Cokie
April 9th, 2016, 01:51 AM
The thought of buying shorts or capris made me smile because it's snowing here! Supposed to get about 3-5 inches by tomorrow afternoon. No shorts here for a while. Watched the Indians play in the snow in Chicago tonight. It is Spring, right?? I've been working on my double slice quilt. I finished sewing all of the blocks tonight. Now I have to press and square them up so I can sew them together. I'm amazed at how fast it's going together. Went to the grocery store earlier and got the ingredients for chili and cornbread for tomorrow. Going to put it in the crockpot tomorrow morning and stay home where it's warm! Have a good night everyone and a happy weekend!

bubba
April 9th, 2016, 01:57 AM
I've been getting updates from Doloris all day.....she sent me a picture a couple hours ago and her yard was covered and it was just starting! Supposed to snow there all night! Of course, I sent her pictures of our temperature (72!!) and let her know I was wearing capris and sandals!!

Hulamoon
April 9th, 2016, 01:59 AM
Really smart. It's like bathing suits. How can they charge so much for so little fabric? I weaned myself a little from the news the last couple of day's. I was getting fried by delegate talk. My dh actully thanked me for something today. I saw on his face how hard it was.Why is it so hard to say those words?

toggpine
April 9th, 2016, 02:15 AM
No baby goats until Friday-ish. Of course Em & I leave Wednesday! Poor Eric, he's on maternity duty.
It would have worked out so great if we hadn't booked our trip for spring break! Em would have been home to help feed the new kids. It was his idea, so he can't complain.

As for the pants, I'm just glad I thought to go check them instead of just paying the extra because the sun is shining.

Judy, USMC
April 9th, 2016, 02:17 AM
Dr appointment this afternoon only mildly successful. Seems like my test results for 5 blood tests taken 10 days ago have been misplaced. The 1 result they did get was my A1C which is good. Monday I'll have to go back for 5 more draws ...

Next up appointments for - Chest Xray, TB test, Mamo, Eye Exam and .... that dreaded colonoscopy! Should have all done by Memorial Day. After I got that news Steve took me to Chili's for a late lunch - he said I looked like I needed a treat.

58 degrees and 30 mph winds during the day and freeze warning for Saturday night. Time to bundle up again.

stationarymom
April 9th, 2016, 02:19 AM
When my dd was young and they sold those short shorts and short shirts I used to buy for her in the boys dept.I was lucky she wasn't a real girly girl.I went looking at fabric today there is a small quilt show in Worcester,I didn't buy anything though(just drooled).

stationarymom
April 9th, 2016, 02:24 AM
Judy sorry to hear that you are going through so much right now.You are being checked inside and out.I had to go for my mammogram today.I have 4 masses in my left side I had 2 biopsies done and they were neg.(Thank goodness)

kimsophia
April 9th, 2016, 03:59 AM
I hope everybody gets good test results!

Helped my buddy do laundry and get groceries. He's going to try to eat healthy food. He wants to lose some weight so he found a diet online that he wants to try. I hope it works out for him. He would need to do some minimal cooking, but sometimes he doesn't even want to throw meat in the grill plates and nuke a bag of vegetables. So I hope he keeps up. We had a basketball game on but weren't paying much attention to it as I was embroidering and he was web surfing on his gadget. I'm taking a break from the cross stitch to goof off on the computer. :)

Neller
April 9th, 2016, 04:11 AM
Toggpine, you mentioned a trip- where are you going? I've been wishing I had some shorts or capris, it's been really hot in Portland. Tomorrow we are driving up to Seattle to see the Mariners game DH is a big fan and the darned Ms always get his hopes up and then peter out mid-season. I know what you mean about Dave Niehaus, Toggpine. He was special. Sunday we head home and I'm ready to start sewing again.

Have a great weekend y'all!

Granny Judy
April 9th, 2016, 05:37 AM
First I want to let the "world" know DD#2 is cancer free now. After a bad scare and lots of chemo & radiation she got some very good news today.!!! I Thank everyone for your prayers and best wishes. Cyber hugs helped too. It has been a wild ride this past year.

Wednesday I had cataract surgery on my left eye, And OH, MY!! I see so much better. I can't wait to get the left eye done. I hadn't realized how much I was missing. I even saw the dust bunnies and spider webs around here. Better get some cleaning done.. huh?

Just been getting some items done on my "to do" sewing list. And I tell you what... Dog Tooth borders look really neat, **if someone else does them.*** Mine? not so much, but I had to try this border at least once in my life!! Takes a bit of math and measure twice before cutting. The secret is the 45 degree angle, Not the 30 or 60. Don't ask.

I'm sure I'll find a use for those un used triangles.. but not in the mood to look at that pile of mis - cuts right now.

kimsophia
April 9th, 2016, 07:46 AM
Congratulations, Judy and DD#2! Wonderful news!

I am impressed that you see so much better just in a few days...did it hurt? DH needs to get that done...

Granny Judy
April 9th, 2016, 08:28 AM
Congratulations, Judy and DD#2! Wonderful news!

I am impressed that you see so much better just in a few days...did it hurt? DH needs to get that done...

It really didn't hurt.. was just stressful getting to the actual procedure. The pain (feels like you got poked in the eye) is easily controlled with Tylenol and the prednisone drops.. Generally the results are immediate. Just let the swelling go down and the vision gets better. No big prep or post op complications. Lots of eye drops for a week after, but that's better than any shot or pill as far as I'm concerned.
Yes I'm ready to get the other eye done!!

Judy, USMC
April 9th, 2016, 08:37 AM
Judy - Wonderful news for your daughter and yourself! Thanks for sharing your experience about the surgery. Doesn't seem so scary. Heard some horror stories - but that was back in the old days.

MayinJerset
April 9th, 2016, 10:55 AM
" First I want to let the "world" know DD#2 is cancer free now." FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!

toggpine
April 9th, 2016, 11:41 AM
Neller, we are going to OKlahoma to visit my father's side of the family. My grandmother was 91 on Wednesday, so it will be good for her to see Em. It's been about 7 years since they have seen each other. Em doesn't really remember them much, other than the photos we have and a few phone calls.

Excellent news on the cancer! Many prayers for continuing good outcomes for all of these pending tests!

Neller
April 9th, 2016, 12:52 PM
So happy Judy that DD is cancer free! That is the best kind of news! Cataract surgery is wonderful isn't it? I had my eyes done a couple of years ago. It is wonderful to see so clearly!

pcbatiks
April 9th, 2016, 01:14 PM
Fantastic news, Judy! So happy to hear your DD is cancer free!