PDA

View Full Version : Patchy Night Owl

toggpine
April 8th, 2016, 02:08 AM
Somehow I was volunteered to sew some patches on a jacket for one of Eric's coworkers. Ugh. Not my favorite thing to do. Thankfully it is only a couple.

What is happening in your neck of the woods?

bubba
April 8th, 2016, 02:15 AM
In my neck of the woods, 15 miles via air from you, I have learned that I do not like popcorn made with coconut oil and I will never, ever make that mistake again!!

Yesterday morning, I changed out the hummingbird syrup in all the feeders. As soon as I took them down, my hummer showed up!! He was not happy and I did not see him again until tonight. I was afraid he had moved to greener pastures. With all the running up and down the stairs checking to see if he is out there, maybe I'll lose some weight!! This could be a good thing! I have finally figured out he is there around 0900 and again for about an hour starting at 1900 till it gets dark.

Got a couple more of my favors done today. Tomorrow I will be making my new pattern with real fabric and zipper instead of muslin. I even made a fake muslin zipper!!! MM is very excited about this endeavor.

Neller
April 8th, 2016, 02:16 AM
It was sunny and hot in Portland today: 84 degrees! We went to Dan and Erin's house this morning and sat in the yard and watched sweet little Sally. Then in the afternoon we went to the Crystal Springs Rhododendron Garden. It was so lovely! Tomorrow it is supposed to be just as warm. It sure feels cool after the cold, grey, wet winter!

Have a good night!

PS Toggpine, I was never good at sewing on patches. My poor boys' Cub Scout uniforms always looked wonky! I hope yours looks better!

Hulamoon
April 8th, 2016, 02:29 AM
I discovered late today that Project Runway Allstars has been on for a few weeks. How did I miss that!!. So I did a marathon today. It was raining so why not? :) I have a ton of oriental fabrics and found a little idea to use them up,like really fast. lol
ps i quilt: the one with the easiest baby quilt EVER. (http://www.psiquilt.com/2012/12/the-one-with-easiest-baby-quilt-ever.html)

bubba
April 8th, 2016, 02:33 AM
I discovered late today that Project Runway Allstars has been on for a few weeks. How did I miss that!!. So I did a marathon today. It was raining so why not? :)url]

I am so over Sam and I wish he would lose and go home!!!! He should have left when he pulled off that stunt of not saying Kini did that top on his winning design. That really made me cranky.

snippet
April 8th, 2016, 02:57 AM
Today was a great day in South Texas. Bright and warm in the mid 80's. What's not to love?

I had bought some inflatable LED solar lights (https://mpowerd.com/) and set them out to charge. Tonight I turned them on and they are awesome! Really bright colors that cycle and big too. I'm gonna use them in the back yard next to my hammock.

I finally sewed my quilt label and binding onto the Texas Ten Commandments quilt. It is a gift for my cousin.

This week in my quilting bee, we cut all the fabric pieces for a crazy quilt. It's 56 blocks consisting of 8 pieces each. Today I got half of them sewn together in units, so next week I think I can get them sewn into blocks and then the fun of sewing decorative stitches begins!

I also ordered two backing fabrics. One quilt I had already bought the backing, but my daughter turned it down. I showed her the quilt top and she loved it and wants it so I guess if she doesn't like the backing color I will change it for her. I can use the other backing for something else. I'm just happy she wants the quilt. She's a picky one and is trying to create a cute house decor. I didn't make the quilt for her at all, so this is a happy circumstance.

I think I've spent my fabric allowance for the month. Good thing I'm just buying backing and using my stash for the tops.

toggpine
April 8th, 2016, 03:07 AM
Well! That is done!
I guess I won't be too cranky with the guys. In a few weeks I'll be hitting them up for $$ for Em's school fundraiser. Last year we did a bake sale type of thing and she managed to raise about $300 selling cookies and muffins. Single men and baked goods, there was no way it could go wrong!
Congrats on your new pattern Pat!

I'm done for the night. I'm sure there is something I could be doing, but an extra hour or two of sleep sounds like a better option.

Hulamoon
April 8th, 2016, 03:20 AM
I am so over Sam and I wish he would lose and go home!!!! He should have left when he pulled off that stunt of not saying Kini did that top on his winning design. That really made me cranky.

Yeah, but it all comes out in the after season show. I love those. lol

kimsophia
April 8th, 2016, 04:17 AM
I'm doing my routine of late, watching NBA games and embroidering the Easter Egg Hunt sampler. I put some photos of it up in my album if anyone's interested. Also I was prepping a turkey dinner for DH's brunch.

My buddy has a pair of work pants that are getting to be more patch that pant. I'm refusing to put on anymore patches. He just needs to buy new ones.