PDA

View Full Version : We Got a Call!

KPH
April 7th, 2016, 08:04 PM
We got 'a' call from #1 son. It wasn't 'the' call, but 'the' call is closer. DIL is 2-3 weeks over due depending on who is making those educated guesses. So now they are talking about inducing before the end of the weekend.

We're heading out to greet Ezekiel Blaise in the morning. I'm hoping and praying that all the stairs, castor oil, and other 'non-medical inducers' kick in and he'll be there by the time we get there. My son's a nervous wreck, you can tell he's worried about this little bucko being so stubborn about arriving. I wonder if its an indicator of things to come for this little one. ;)

beccavan1
April 7th, 2016, 08:40 PM
Stay safe on your journey and I really hope (for baby and mommy) that he makes his grand entrance soon.
Beck

K. McEuen
April 7th, 2016, 09:00 PM
Ha, I bet your first thought was "It's about time!" Safe travels and good thoughts going out for a safe and easy delivery.

KarenC
April 8th, 2016, 12:04 AM
Safe travels. We look forward to photos of the new family member.

grammaterry
April 8th, 2016, 12:08 AM
Of my 4...2 were 5 weeks late. They offered to induce and I asked if the baby was safe. The doctor said he was fine so we waited and waited and waited. Of the 2 late arrivals their iq's are off the charts. Longer to develop their brains. Don't worry..And by the way, they were my sweetest and easiest to handle babies.

just4me
April 9th, 2016, 04:53 AM
Exciting times. Congrtulations. We had 2 grandchildren born within a week of each other...one early and one overdue.....both at the same hospital. It was a wonderful time.

easyquilts
April 9th, 2016, 08:20 AM
Be safe, and send pictures!

quiltingtrish
April 9th, 2016, 08:27 AM
We were told only 15% of babies are born on their due date (I had 1 of 3 born on her due date).
Can't wait to see photos! Hopefully later today you will hear us oohing and awing over your beautiful new little one!

WendyI
April 11th, 2016, 11:24 AM
How exciting! I personally don't think people should be induced. I mean really...if the kid aint ready, they aint ready! Let them be! They'll come when they are ready. Mind you, my son was born a month early so I never got to that fed up with pregnancy stage, so I might think differently. I do feel for mom's who go past their due date!