PDA

View Full Version : @,@ Owl up on Tuesday night

kimsophia
April 7th, 2016, 02:17 AM
Hoot hoot! A nice night to you all. What's new?

I am still working on the Easter Egg Hunt sampler. I'm getting towards the bottom of it. I like this designer's charts so much that I ordered another one called Strawberry Fields. It's of a strawberry farm.

The daffodils I cut are open in my daffodil vase. They are my favorite kind, 'Serola'. Yellow and orange!

Hoot out what is up in your nest! @,@

carolynrae
April 7th, 2016, 02:34 AM
Love daffodils, still working on that skate board quilt. Finally getting it sewn together.....storm coming in, it is windy and it is suppose to rain for a couple days. We are praying for rain..we need it here in southern California, everything is drying up as I have said before we have been told not to use outside water for anything.

Neller
April 7th, 2016, 02:51 AM
I love daffodils too! You folks are productive! Is the skateboard quilt for someone special Carolyn? We had a nice drive to Portland, no rain and sun most of the way it was 74 in Portland today and supposed to be in the 80's tomorrow. I think we are going to the Rhododendron test garden. It should be lovely.

As soon as we got to our son and DIL's house today, DIL went grocery shopping. Little Sally didn't like it when she realized momma wasn't there but we were able to get her to take a little snooze. She is growing so fast!

I hope everyone has good weather and happy days!

toggpine
April 7th, 2016, 02:54 AM
We are back from the Hands On Art training for the elementary school. Our final project for the year will be Aboriginal Dot Art. It hales from the indigenous peoples of Australia, and turned out pretty cool. The kids will use an opened up paper lunch sack as a base (Not quite the original gum bark, but more practical!) then they will trace their hand and color it in with a black Crayola marker. From there they will dip the end of a dowel in paint and make dotted outlines of their hand and or other traditional symbol shapes. We had fun with it. We tried to tell a story with the symbols, although sometimes not very well!

I have more sewing to do before tomorrow's after school sewing class. I have the apron done, now to see if I can get the tote bag knocked out, and possibly the stuffed animal thing.

Here are our finished art pieces from tonight's training class.

Neller
April 7th, 2016, 03:04 AM
Toggpine, those hands are really cool! Neat project for kids to do!

kimsophia
April 7th, 2016, 03:17 AM
I love daffodils too! You folks are productive! Is the skateboard quilt for someone special Carolyn? We had a nice drive to Portland, no rain and sun most of the way it was 74 in Portland today and supposed to be in the 80's tomorrow. I think we are going to the Rhododendron test garden. It should be lovely. !

Oh, do take pictures of the flowering plants and post them. I went to the Rhododendron and Azalea garden of the Biltmore estate in Asheville, NC. Soooooo lovely.

kimsophia
April 7th, 2016, 04:06 AM
I just realized the title of this thread is wrong...it's Thursday, not Tuesday...d'oh!

K. McEuen
April 7th, 2016, 04:12 AM
Actually it is Thursday tomorrow ...

kimsophia
April 7th, 2016, 04:23 AM
Ah, my computer clock says Thursday but it is 2:22 here in Iowa

toggpine
April 7th, 2016, 04:58 AM
I think that is why we gave up on "day" threads. It's noon tomorrow for Andrea, Laurie is waiting for the sun to set, and the rest of us are somewhere in the middle!

I'm going to press these seams and pack it in until daylight.
Hugs for my quilty friends! Cathy

kimsophia
April 7th, 2016, 05:06 AM
True, but I'm not clever enough to think up thread titles, so I just take a stab at what day it is after midnight in Iowa. I'm glad when somebody else starts the thread.

toggpine
April 7th, 2016, 12:12 PM
When Cyndi of the Vortex first got us going, we came up with a list of movies, books, etc that substituted "Night Owl" for a word in the title. Things like Night Owl and the Chocolate Factory, the Night Owl of Oz. That is how I think of some of them. I think Cyndi went back to a day schedule though.