PDA

View Full Version : Oh sad... The Okie From Muskokee passed today.

kensington
April 6th, 2016, 07:29 PM
Merle Haggard died today. One of the greats of Country Music... HE

My dad played and sang country... I grew up hearing that music every day. God Bless Merle Haggard.

He sang "Mama Tried" and "Tonight the Bottle Let Me Down"... crazy good songs.

Bubby
April 6th, 2016, 08:24 PM
RIP in Peace, Merle. Your music moves my soul.
Merle passed on his birthday and just two days before he and Willie Nelson were going to perform a concert together.

easyquilts
April 6th, 2016, 09:34 PM
Merle Haggard was definitely a giant in the world of country music.... RIP, Merle... You will be greatly missed.

grammaterry
April 6th, 2016, 09:46 PM
I got a text from my granddaughter that he passed. She is 13 and devastated. Last winter he came to her town to concert and she ran in the kitchen with $70 and told her mom she would buy her own ticket. They took her. She had pictures of that old man all over her room. I told her stories of how I had seen him in concert in the early 60's when he was sooooo good lookin' and how short he was. She just eats up all of my stories of my brushes with the 60's country hero's. She was even jealous that I had danced with Ernest Tubb while he sang Waltz across texas to me. Never had the Okie dance with me but I surely did admire his music. I'll miss him but I'll keep him in my memories and music. Like I told GD, there'll be lots of tributes and programing about him that we will enjoy.

WendyI
April 7th, 2016, 09:46 AM
I also grew up on his music. So very sad to hear of his passing. :'(