PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday - back in the middle again

Blondie
April 6th, 2016, 06:48 AM

Hello Folksies!

Wednesday once again. Work again tomorrow. I did get some stitching in yesterday. I am making a quillow for my grand daughter Eleanor and of course, one for Tyler. Nothing fancy or photo worthy - just two lengths with batting sandwiched. It is fairly straightforward and mindless. Rather like me, I think.

After the sun comes up I will see just how offended my azaleas were by Jack last night. Hmmm, does the name Jack seem forboding - Jack Frost, Jack the Ripper, Jack in the Box (a toy that still traumatizes me) - another hmmm. I so enjoyed the series The Lost and was so taken with the character Jack. By the end of the series I was sick to death of him and chanted Let Go Jack! Okaaaayyyy, not enough caffeine yet for me to think like this. One can always tell with me.

Have a wonderfully wacky wednesday full of winning - not whining projects. Here's a smile to get you started.

Bubby
April 6th, 2016, 08:02 AM
Morning....

I have an early haircut and then back home. I decided to postpone food shopping until tomorrow.

Yesterday I got a shipment from M* with the fabric for Jeff's skateboard quilt. No sewing for me until after Jeff's family leaves next Tuesday and then I will dig in and get creative again. Until then the sewing room is nice and tidy and calls my name from time to time.

Wishing everyone a good Wednesday.

Ginny B
April 6th, 2016, 08:08 AM
Good morning. Happy Wednesday and brrrrr. Another frosty night here. I actually saw icicles hanging from overpasses on the Southern State last night driving back from Brooklyn.

Not much stitching happening here recently because of vacation, etc. I did spend a few minutes in my sewing room finishing up a few microwave cozies that I had started before heading to GA. I need to get into my studio and straighten up and put things away before starting a new project. I have some material that I got at the quilt store I stopped in while we were away and then when I got home, there was a package from M* waiting for me. :icon_bigsmile: I also have a few books and magazines to put back in their rightful places. I took a couple with me for reading material and I also had some out that I was looking through for ideas. Maybe I'll head up there for bit this morning.

Have a wonderful Wednesday all.

URIBARRI-MAYOR
April 6th, 2016, 08:20 AM
Hello Blondie and everyone in the forum, were almost mid-week, and on Saturday I have a family meal because tomorrow my DHs birthday, so we will get the family together and have a party, but it will not be in house so I do not have to do any mevement of fornitures, in our country, as it rains so much we can do street parties, only in summer,so there are some so called local "TXOKOS" which are large chunks that are purchased fron neighboring and friends and then arranged with kitchen and services, tables, chairs and television and so if its raining you can celebrate any holiday so we are going to one of those places that is one of my DD and this in my street and hope have fun. Yesterday I went to the vet with my older cat and although nothing serious I have to take today also for you to place serum because this is a little dehidrated, I hope you of the hifh and not have to go back because you do not really like leaving home and less going to prick you. I want everyone to have a good day, cheerful and happy, Greetings

MRoy
April 6th, 2016, 08:48 AM
Good morning! We're supposed to be warmer today, in the 60's, then go back to the cold for the rest of the week. I didn't sew any yesterday...I didn't do much of anything except two loads of laundry. Today's plan is to get moving and get something done...after I have some more coffee! Happy Hump Day!

MayinJerset
April 6th, 2016, 09:09 AM
Having trouble getting up and over the Hump this Wednesday. I woke up about 5:30am, it was so dark that I closed my eyes for a few minutes, kept dreaming I was up doing something nice until I was awaken with a jolt. The sun had risen and was shining directly into my eyes. Guess if Mother Nature went through all that trouble to wake me up I better get a move on and doing something productive today. Off to doctors soon for shots, hope they bring some relief for these tired aching knees.

Blondie
April 6th, 2016, 09:24 AM
Having trouble getting up and over the Hump this Wednesday. I woke up about 5:30am, it was so dark that I closed my eyes for a few minutes, kept dreaming I was up doing something nice until I was awaken with a jolt. The sun had risen and was shining directly into my eyes. Guess if Mother Nature went through all that trouble to wake me up I better get a move on and doing something productive today. Off to doctors soon for shots, hope they bring some relief for these tired aching knees.

Good luck with the shots, May. My Mom always feels as frisky as a jack rabbit in a marathon after those. Big hugs to you, dear one.

Monique
April 6th, 2016, 09:28 AM
Good morning. The snow hasn't started yet but it is supposed to come later today. I would not be disappointed if it didn't come at all. I basically did nothing yesterday as far as sewing goes. I worked until 1 and then spent the afternoon with my friend playing cards and then had a supper meeting last night.

Today I hope to get into my sewing room.

Have a great day friends.

Lyndaj
April 6th, 2016, 10:20 AM
Today started off with our dog Java barking incessantly. We then realized that this was the day DH chose for the City to come and change the water turn off located behind my washing machine. In my effort to ensure Java stayed in our bedroom, I placed a wood barricade. Then I realized that I needed to go in the room (dumb me), so I crawled over so I wouldn't let Java out. When I crawled back out, I got caught up and fell on my already problematic right knee and twisted the right ankle. Swearing ensued!

Sitting with ice pack on my knee. Will get back in sewing room today and continue working on the binding star quilt, only 10 more blocks to go.

Have a great day.

irishrn
April 6th, 2016, 10:22 AM
Cold morning here in NC! I'm dog sitting this week for the grand puppy Finn. He is a heavy coated Shetland sheepdog and just loving this weather! But little Casey is back on the house in a flash!
Thanks to all for the forum email for my birthday. It's going to be a regular quiet day here. Just the way I like it!
Wishing you all warm, sunny days!

WendyI
April 6th, 2016, 10:58 AM
Cold morning here in NC! I'm dog sitting this week for the grand puppy Finn. He is a heavy coated Shetland sheepdog and just loving this weather! But little Casey is back on the house in a flash!
Thanks to all for the forum email for my birthday. It's going to be a regular quiet day here. Just the way I like it!
Wishing you all warm, sunny days!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EILEEN!!

WendyI
April 6th, 2016, 11:02 AM
Nothing much new with me. We had a bit more snow this morning but hopefully it will be gone by the weekend. Trying to find low budget meals that my kid will eat....uhg. Not easy! He's such a picky wee fart!! Very difficult to cook for! I am at work this morning and procrastinating. It's a bit difficult to get into the groove....but I am on reduced hours for the month of April and then full time in May so it will come along. Have to do groceries after work...being on a tight budget with the price of food these days is brutal. Never thought I would say this but I hope the price of gas goes up soon!

Hope you all have a fantastic day! xox

toggpine
April 6th, 2016, 01:04 PM
The iron caddies are all done. I'll get some photos in a few hours when the sun peeks out. (The weatherman said so!) They turned out a lot better than I hoped. The directions were kind of hinkey in some places. I need to whip out a few other things from the sewing room while starting the packing process.
Em and I head to OK for 10 days in about a week. I must have been insane when I decided we could catch the 5:45AM flight out! It was the only one that didn't put us in after 10 PM though. My poor little worry wort. We are going to have to watch some videos of how things go during security check at the airport, or she will be a real mess. She is still very concerned that we will find more tornadoes on our way down there, after she saw the news last week. I can't honestly say we won't, but that it is very unlikely.
I need to top off the coffee and get to it!