PDA

View Full Version : not very happy.....

bubba
April 5th, 2016, 06:51 PM
For some reason, this morning I remembered I had ordered a daily deal and some yardage about a month ago. At the time, I started watching for it after about a week, and continued to do so for several days. Well, then I forgot about it. I looked this morning and indeed, it was delivered someplace three weeks ago, but I do not have it. I don't know if it went to the wrong house or if it was stolen from the porch...........

Woe is me :(

DragonflyNeedleworks
April 5th, 2016, 07:17 PM
Was there a tracking number for the package. Can you find out what address it was shipped to?
If it was delivered to the wrong home and not too far from you.....I'd go knocking on their door and ask them if you could please have your fabric.

bubba
April 5th, 2016, 07:43 PM
It was shipped to my address, per all the info on my account. I just have never seen it. There is not another house w/the same numbers as ours nearby, so I'd have no clue as to where to start looking. If it was one of our neighbors, they know my name and I am pretty certain that they would have brought it to me.

Simply Quilting
April 5th, 2016, 08:06 PM
Two years ago the Fed Ex guy told me that my address did not exist (numbers are on the house). So he just randomly dropped off over $800 worth of books to some random house. I was not happy and made it very clear that given a choice, I would never use the Fed Ex again.

Kgrammiecaz
April 5th, 2016, 08:08 PM
I am still short one package of only a charm pack that USPS said they delivered to my locked mailbox. But I have recieved others packages in my box. The difference I do not keep them. I deliver it to the right person.

It is sad when others figure they can just keep it.

DragonflyNeedleworks
April 5th, 2016, 08:09 PM
That is so terribly unfortunate. http://www.allsmileys.com/files/kolobok/icq/33.gif
Was it delivered by your post office - perhaps they could check with the carrier to see where they left the package.
Perhaps tucked under a bush or something? One can only hope.http://www.allsmileys.com/files/kolobok/icq/39.gif

songbird857
April 5th, 2016, 09:29 PM
Oh, yuck - I hope you find out what happened to it!

grammaterry
April 5th, 2016, 09:53 PM
So...lets start fromscratch. Find the order number, tracking number and then report that you didn't receive it. I am certain that it will be replaced by either the shipper or the delivery people.

WendyI
April 5th, 2016, 10:33 PM
I would call the company. I ordered something from Amazon and they shipped it to my old address instead of my new one and I had made sure to update my address prior to ordering. They reshipped my package. They can write off the loss so I would call someone. I hate it when delivery people leave stuff on my step. Mind you I don't lock my doors and we don't have a high rate of theft in my neighborhood so I'm not overly concerned. But def. call them and let them know that although they say they delivered it, you did not receive it.

bubba
April 6th, 2016, 01:01 AM
It was from M*......I will email when this headache is gone.

redcaboose1717
April 6th, 2016, 04:06 AM
So Simply Quilting, what happened ? Did you get the $800 plus back ? I have a friend that was supposed to get an insurance claim refund check and it was sent via FED EX....and she waited and waited....no check. Finally she called and FED EX insisted that they delivered the package ( envelope ) to the address. She got to thinking about this, and then because our city has TWO RED Streets in it she went to the other RED St. and lo,and behold, in the bushes was the cardboard envelope .....till there three weeks later.....The cardboard envelope was soaked. She called the insurance company and told them about it, took it to her agent's office as well. When the insurance company said that they would send out another check ASAP.....she said NO....she wanted the check sent to the AGENT's OFFICE.....
So, could it be ( you might not know this ) that you have another street by the same name in your city /county ? We have this issue a lot here in the city /county I live in. We have had a house blow up due to a natural gas leak and the 911 operator sent the fire dept to the wrong Austin Rd.....same thing happened a few years later on a Wells Rd. It's amazing to me how many duplicate road names there are in this city/county.
When we went looking for a larger house, I made sure that we didn't purchase a home on a street with a duplicate name. ( due to the fact that my DH had medical issues and I worried about the 911 operator possibly sending an ambulance to the wrong house) Later on, I did find out that a piece of mail did end up going to a street with a "similar" name for us even......

Anyway,Bubba, Could you possibly have had your package delivered to the wrong "street" name ? I would send *M* an email.....and let them know. I am sure they will help resolve the problem.....

bubba
April 6th, 2016, 04:19 AM
Our street is a letter, and there is no other like it. Just passing thru and headed back to bed........

WendyI
April 6th, 2016, 11:07 AM
Hope you feel better today. I have been fighting a weather headache for a week now as well. Our weather is so up and down here this week...gorgeous sunshine yesterday after getting a dumping of snow the day before, then more snow this morning and dull and dreary and expecting rain the rest of the week. Wreaks havoc on the barometric pressure which in turn, gives me headaches. Great start to my return to to work! Hope yours goes away fast! xox

bubba
April 6th, 2016, 03:46 PM
Oh, I know that is probably what caused it! Forgot to take my allergy pill yesterday! Thanks for reminding me today!

I slept like crap last night, so I'm about to take a nap. I spent yesterday trying to make a pattern for a purse. I can't figure out how to sew it together....but I'm not giving up! Had nightmares about it all last night!

Simply Quilting
April 7th, 2016, 12:23 AM
So Simply Quilting, what happened ? Did you get the $800 plus back ?

I got to spend the next morning trying to track down the FED Ex truck and did find the order. So thankful that where he had delivered it to had not thrown it in the trash.

bubba
April 7th, 2016, 12:34 AM
I did go down to the contact us spot at the bottom this morning, but have not heard back yet.

mischiefkat
April 7th, 2016, 01:18 AM
Hope your package shows up. Mine finally did. Kathy

Monique
April 7th, 2016, 07:04 AM
I hope this gets resolved for you soon.