PDA

View Full Version : Here is the Sunday thread

Monique
November 27th, 2011, 10:49 AM
What did I do yesterday. I made a fabric ABC book for my granddaughter which I will finish up today. Made another tote and will start another one today. I am still on the tote roll hahahaha.

Today is GREY CUP sunday. Our Canadian version of the NFL Superbowl. I do not follow football but hubby will be watching it later today. I may sit and quilt while he watches it.

Other than that, this gal is just going to take it easy today.

Have a great Sunday everyone.

MRoy
November 27th, 2011, 11:01 AM
DH and I are going to meet our son for lunch today at Red Lobster. YUM! Yesterday, I mowed my lawn for the last time this year. I didn't do any sewing but I oiled my old Kenmore machine and straightened and cleaned my sewing area in the basement. It was long overdue!

Gayle8675309
November 27th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Good morning to everyone! I'm going to finish putting a border on my Log Cabin quilt, then going to do some more FMQ'ing practice.

Have a good day everyone! :)

RFREE
November 27th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Happy Sunday everybody. Today I want to make some Christmas stockings. My DH decided yesterday to clean out his closet and donate all the clothes that don't fit him any more. Sewwww I am going to snatch some of his old jeans and try my hand at those darlin denim jean stockings I have been seeing. Anybody else seen em??? They are sew cute.I will let you know if I actually got one done. Be watching for pictures! ha ha lol.
Back to work tomorrow. Been off for 5 days and we will go back for 3 weeks and be off again for 16 days for Christmas.I love my time off for sure.Yall have a great Sunday and keep on sewing!!
Hugs,Rhonda

cyndiofthevortex
November 27th, 2011, 11:32 AM
Yesterday I finished quilting and doing the machine sewing of the binding on a Christmas wallhanging for my DIL. It's coming out so nicely! I am pleased. After church today I will do the hand sewing of the binding and put on a label if I can think of a name! Today we are having friends and family over for chili and cornbread and football. I can hand sew while the game is on and get that binding done!

Happy Sunday to everyone!

Cyndi

Nena
November 27th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Good Morning everyone!! I am having a quiet sunday morning. My kids are either at sleep overs or back at college. My husband is still sleeping. I have been working really hard trying to finish all of my quilts that I am making for christmas gifts. I am going to sew the binding on the biggest one today--in fact I have it wrapped around me as a type. This one is for my older brother and his wife. It came out so much bigger then planned. I made it from the tumbler ruler I bought here at the M*QC. I love it. I had so much fun, I kept sewing more together and then was like--wow, I need to stop!!!! I made a smaller one for a baby blanket--that was so much fun to make also. I will be taking pictures of them all and post them when they are all done. I did all the free motion quilting on it myself. I am so proud------I really like to make feathered plums. I find free motion quilting very relaxing. Have a great day everyone!!

Sandy Navas
November 27th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Happy Sunday everybody. Today I want to make some Christmas stockings. My DH decided yesterday to clean out his closet and donate all the clothes that don't fit him any more. Sewwww I am going to snatch some of his old jeans and try my hand at those darlin denim jean stockings I have been seeing. Anybody else seen em??? They are sew cute.I will let you know if I actually got one done. Be watching for pictures! ha ha lol.

I am anxious to see how these go. I saw the tutorial and was totally intrigued. Anyone need jeans? I have enough to make - Oh, about 100 stockings. Hope you don't have any problem sewing seams, Rhonda. Using that NEW machine????????????

BellasQuilts
November 27th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Good Sunday Morning All! Yesterday hubby and I took a 2 hour drive to San Simeon (where Hearst Castle is located) and went to see the elephant seals that are now on land. they come in for a month or so, give birth, mate and then back to see. They are wonderful to watch. Some of the boys are HUGE! weighing some 3500 lbs. It was a great day at the beach and the drive was superb. Nice to get out and see the sites. Today, house cleaning then work on the pool table cover. The material was so expensive I have been afraid to touch it. Well, got to get over that and finish it up. Have a stellar day and cyber hugs to all.

Aprilisslowlylearntoquilt
November 27th, 2011, 12:18 PM
I am working today, I work every weekend, so probably won't get much done in the way of quilting, *sigh* @ Bella I love San Simeon, it was one of my favorite places when I lived in California, and watching the seals was so peaceful... I miss California

Sandy Navas
November 27th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Does caffeine cause my morning headaches? What is with this?

Yesterday was strange for me. DH was working in the shop on a project with some friends and I had the whole day to sew. YEA! Got something special that I'm working on about 3/4 of the way done and got a call that my SIL had an accident at home and they needed me. Before I could get out of the house and over there I got a slight reprieve - he got his hand caught between some mortar and his air gun and really did a number on his right hand. Kids were just scared by Al got over there and settled them. I hurried and put some binding on my project so I could do some hand-sewing while watching the kids. Cut the binding too short in two places! DRATS. What I get for hurrying. Anyway, SIL got five stitches, home safe and sound and no worse for the wear. The kids were on Mom's iPad (which I found out later they were told NOT to touch) and quite calm by the time I got there. Anyway, I did get some hand-sewing done. Finished a little project and then realized the binding on the other was short. FUTZ!

So, I'm off to the sewing room today . . . that list got a bit longer last night as DD asked for another special project . . . got to remember 4 x 21 with long zipper and handle.

BTW - have to share that the project DH was working on for friends was the bottom of a grandfather's clock. Our friend is a clock expert. So, since he'd never been here we invited him in to take a look at a grandfather's clock we bought when we were overseas. Gave some other overseas friends the equivalent of $100 for it . . . missing one of the weights. This clock expert friend is going to get the replacement weight for us, clean and get the clock operational - finally. It has been sitting in our family room for almost 10 years now and never has chimed. He said the clock was worth about $3000 (knew it!!). Funny the people we bought it from had tried several times to ship in a replacement weight for the clock and customs always confiscated it because they thought it was a bomb. Life is so funny in other parts of the world - no matter where we live. Heck, life is even funny here!

Hugs to all my friends. Special prayers to those in need (you know who you are!!) Missing several who haven't checked in recently. I do so love my on-line friends.

Bubby
November 27th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Good Morning,

DH is making breakfast and the smell of bacon cooking is fantastic. We had a slow weekend with lots of rain, making anything outdoors pretty difficult.

I did some knitting yesterday on a scarf for a friend for her birthday December 7th...I need to really get the needles flying on this one! Rhonda, I'll be watching for your denim stockings...they sound cute. We are unpacking our holiday decorations today and may even get our tree up. I should make a tree skirt, but that will have to be wait for now. I have a nice red and white quilt made by my greatgrandmother that I drape around the bottom of our tree and I love it. I'll post it if DH will take a picture for me. It's hand quilted every 1/4"...imagine.

Everyone enjoy this day and enjoy your home and family....and hopefully get some sewing (knitting) done. Hugs, Barb

Loonwatcher
November 27th, 2011, 12:30 PM
Hi All,

Well yesterday I finished painting the spare bedroom. It's about a 14x14 room with cathedral ceiling. One wall is a rock climbing wall. When we built the house about 9 yrs ago I was climbing at a local gym but about 3 years into the hobby I got artheritis in my hands and was told I shouldn't put the stress on my fingers that climbing does so I gave it up. But now the wall is a part of the house. Would make a great kids bedroom. I painted the rock wall 2 colors of grey (kinda mottled) and the rest of the room blue (someone called it periwinkle). Next weekend Dh will put the flooring down. Can't wait, then I'll be moving my sewing area up from the basement. Then, NO EXCUSE, I'll have to buckle down and get those Christmas presents done.

Today it's clean up the house and doing other chores before DH gets home from his hunting trip later this evening ..... (groan).....UGh, the laundry he'll be bringing! Hopefully he'll bring venison too.

Have a great day!

Hugs,

bakermom
November 27th, 2011, 12:31 PM
DH leaves for hunting today so i will have nearly a week to do what i want(do have to go to work). We went toa friends wedding yesterday then off to DD's for supper.afterward we headed out to joanns to pick up some things.I got the thread i needed and DD got a lot of batting and fabric.

rebeccas-sewing
November 27th, 2011, 12:54 PM
It sounds like everyone is keeping very busy. I'm completing one of the most boring quilts I've ever made!!! My sister wants everything really plain these days. It's hard to imagine someone with artistic ability not enjoying lots of color and design. Oh well, to each his own. It
s a 67 x 67 one fabric quilt (deep blue tiny print) with a scalloped edge and cottonflowers machine quilted on it. Like I said, very boring to work on this one. The things we do for the people we love, right? I'm sneaking in one for my mom that's got lots of blue fabrics from my stash, all half-square triangles. Hopefully my sister won't object to it. Mom doesn't have much say these days. Poor dear just turned 91 and unfortunatley has developed dementia. The doctors say it's being caused by TIA's (mini-strokes).

Last night we had company so I cleaned the flat and got things organized. It sure feels good! We went to an Indian Restaurant in the neighborhood that was pretty good. The waiter gave Roxana and me a rose and delicious chocolate mint bars for the table. What a treat! I made sure to let them know how much it was appreciated.

I'm very happy to say that my arm is doing well. The doctor said the cortisone shot would wear off in 6-8 weeks. It's been about that long and I've actually gotten back what appears to be full range of motion in my arm. I was expecting to need physical therapy once the cortisone wore off but I'm pretty sure I'm not going to need it. What a relief!!!

By the way, what do you think Blondie is up to? Hope she's okay and still just having from the Thanksgiving holiday.

debinmalaga
November 27th, 2011, 01:44 PM
Gayle, I love doing FMQ practicing - swear it's some of my prettiest quilting, since the pressure is off. Have fun!

Good morning to everyone! I'm going to finish putting a border on my Log Cabin quilt, then going to do some more FMQ'ing practice.

Have a good day everyone! :)

ChristineB
November 27th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Good morning Everybody! Hope all my new American friends had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Today I am going to finish hand sewing the binding on my very first quilt and I will put up pictures later. I will also try out my new FMQ foot that I bought for my Singer 99k yesterday - I'm excited about that.
Until later ..... have a great day!

HandsOffItsMine
November 27th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Aloha Sunday all,

Having written in on the dailies to much, the folks have been here since the 11th and must be kept busy running them all over the island. I'm exhausted and my Fibro isn't happy at times.

We took them out for their 37th Anniversary to Ocean House at the Outrigger Reef Hotel on Waikiki Beach on Friday. Had a lovely dinner and watched the fireworks.

Today we might go on a Dolphin Watch boat right, better get my seasick pills...otherwise I'll be greener than green.

Hope everyone enjoys their Sunday. Huggers, Ruby

debinmalaga
November 28th, 2011, 12:11 AM
Evening, all! I should be heading for bed but had one cuppa tea too many and I'm up till 11, at least.

Had a frustrating day working on a tote bag. Got the bright idea to quilt it, and when it came time to sew all the layers together it was just too thick for my machine. Wonder if I should have used flannel instead of batting? Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

It's a lovely loud floral in lilacs, purples and creams, with green leaves. I cut out fabric for two totes, so doing the other without quilting, just with stabilizer (fleece).

phoots
November 28th, 2011, 02:58 AM
Yesterday I figured out the layout for the quilt I'm making for my niece and then watched college football! Yeah! Alabama beat Auburn to win the Iron Bowl!!! That's a big thing in the state of Alabama!! I lived there for 11 yrs and loved it. If it wasn't for family I would never have moved.

Today my bf and I watched a little football before getting ready to go out. We were gonna go see "The Muppet" movie but I decided I didn't want to go TODAY...would rather sew. Bf wasn't very happy but we did the grocery shopping and gassed up the car. We then came home and I started sewing. Got a lot done before dinner. After dinner I started straightening up the living room to decorate for Christmas. Put away my electric piano and got my new desk chair put together. So funny, those two things made the room look so much bigger!!

I go back to work tomorrow, but bf is off Mondays. He'll vacuum and get the tree out and make dinner. He's such a better cook than I am.

That was my weekend!!
Pam