PDA

View Full Version : OPENIND DAY US HERE!

easyquilts
April 4th, 2016, 11:35 AM
Big league baseball started right here , in Cincinnati....

So... We celebrate Opening Day... We think it should be a national holiday,,, after all... Kids are taken out of school, adults play hooky from work, and there is a huge parade downtown,,,

Cincinnayi us first, and foremost, a baseball town... No matter what our beloved ?Red's fo...or don't do,,,we love them.

This will be a tough year... The team is being retooled.... Lots if young guys on the team, one... It might take a couple if years to get to works Setues level, but we'll get there...

PLAY BALL,

sewbizzy
April 4th, 2016, 02:31 PM
Sandy, I am a big Pittsburgh Pirates fan....we had our Opening Day yesterday...I know what you mean about retooling...it took us many years to have a winning team again...
It was chilly here but the sun was out and it was a great day for baseball...today it is raining and they have an off day, will play again tomorrow...
I wish your Reds a good season, too...

Lyndaj
April 4th, 2016, 03:13 PM
Friday is opening day for our Toronto Blue Jays. I'm not a huge baseball fan, but last season was sure an exciting season for our Jays.

mrsldavis
April 4th, 2016, 03:29 PM
Big league baseball started right here , in Cincinnati....

So... We celebrate Opening Day... We think it should be a national holiday,,, after all... Kids are taken out of school, adults play hooky from work, and there is a huge parade downtown,,,

Cincinnayi us first, and foremost, a baseball town... No matter what our beloved ?Red's fo...or don't do,,,we love them.

This will be a tough year... The team is being retooled.... Lots if young guys on the team, one... It might take a couple if years to get to works Setues level, but we'll get there...

PLAY BALL,

It should be declared a city holiday!!! I've got some friends down there today having a great time! I'm stuck at work but catching a glimpse of things on the internet when I can. :-)

Midge
April 4th, 2016, 04:23 PM
Opening Day in Cleveland? Not so much. Snow and wind chill of 18 deg. Game against Red Sox postponed.

easyquilts
April 4th, 2016, 05:04 PM
It should be declared a city holiday!!! I've got some friends down there today having a great time! I'm stuck at work but catching a glimpse of things on the internet when I can. :-)

I'm listening to the guys on WLW...

Connie Jo
April 4th, 2016, 06:07 PM
Opening day for the Royals was yesterday.

Cokie
April 4th, 2016, 07:10 PM
The Indians game was cancelled due to weather. We're bummed...