PDA

View Full Version : Vacation over and Baseball Season is here!

Ginny B
April 3rd, 2016, 09:39 PM
We had a wonderful time in Georgia with my youngest son and his girlfriend. I got to meet his two dogs , Rampage and Aria. They are sweethearts. And we got to see the beautiful new house that he had built and moved into late last summer. The weather was perfect most of the time. We got rain starting late on Friday afternoon and it poured for quite a while all through the night but was pretty nice again by late morning on Saturday. We flew home Saturday evening.

While we were there, one day we went to Jekyll Island and found Driftwood beach -- an amazing sight. We visited a turtle rehabilitation center and then we had tea at 4:00 at the clubhouse there. It was a beautiful day. We also spent a lot of time on St. Simon's Island and took a ferry and tour of Sapelo Island. And, yes, I found a quilt shop on St. Simons. I found some nice material with whales, seahorses and little turtles for a quilt I want to make for our eldest grandson. He is going to be 6 years old this month and he is so into sealife! I will not be making the quilt for his birthday but hopefully for a Christmas present.

So now it's time to get back into the swing of things. My son said he could see a change in me from when I arrived and when I was getting ready to leave. He said I looked more relaxed. And I was. I needed to break the pattern of thinking and worrying about the sale of the house in Brooklyn. Now that we have signed the contract, our focus will be on going through the "stuff" that's still there from multi-generations. I am going to try my best to keep myself balanced and not stress as much as I had been.

And Baseball is back!!! Summer is on it's way. :) Let's Go Yankees!! Their first game is tomorrow at 1:00 and, of course, I will be at work but I do have a radio. :icon_woot: I will be listening.

Have a good evening everyone.

cv quilter
April 3rd, 2016, 10:38 PM
Welcome home. I must admit, your vacation does sound relaxing. Good for you and DH. I'm from NY (Buffalo) and can say Go Yankies, but my heart belongs to the DBacks :)

easyquilts
April 4th, 2016, 12:02 AM
Tomorrow is OPENING DAY in Cincinnati... We consider this to be a major holiday...complete with a bug parade...

Big league baseball started tight here in Cincinnati... For many years, no one played ball until Cincinnayi had Oorning Dsy...

Our Red's are bring retooled.... But, we still love them.. I. Clearly remember The Big .red
Machine that went wire to wire...

AND... Pete Rise is beng inducted into the Red's Hall of ?Fame in June... There will be a big three Dsy celebration, and ?Number 14 will be officially retired.... No one has ever used it but Oete...

I grew up listening to Red's baseball on the radio, so to me that...along eith the sound if lawn mowers...is the sound of drummer... A bavkground to my day.... YAY,,,

GO REDS,

kensington
April 4th, 2016, 03:30 AM
The ROYALS played tonight... We won! WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS! Oh Yeah!

Love me some ROYALS baseball!

Lori63
April 4th, 2016, 10:38 AM
The ROYALS played tonight... We won! WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS! Oh Yeah!

Love me some ROYALS baseball!

It was a great game last night, a rematch of the World Series and yes our Royals won! We typically get to go to only one or two games a year, but now that lots of people are jumping on the bandwagon I'm sure tickets will be harder to come by or much more expensive. Oh well, it's great to see them doing well after so many down years.

Ginny, it sounds like you had a much needed relaxing vacation!

cv quilter
April 4th, 2016, 11:35 AM
Opening Day for the DBacks........So fun to see all the BB fans here on the Forum

Midge
April 4th, 2016, 12:50 PM
Just another baseball fanatic here! Love my Cleveland Indians and I'm really glad baseball season is here. Today is opening day and I will be home in my living room - all warm and toasty - and do some piecing while I watch on tv. It's going to be a cold and windy afternoon, unfortunately.

kensington
April 4th, 2016, 02:20 PM
It was a great game last night, a rematch of the World Series and yes our Royals won! We typically get to go to only one or two games a year, but now that lots of people are jumping on the bandwagon I'm sure tickets will be harder to come by or much more expensive. Oh well, it's great to see them doing well after so many down years.

Ginny, it sounds like you had a much needed relaxing vacation!

I wouldn't call it a rematch... Once the World Series is over... it's over. This is a new season.

We got tickets last night after the game for tomorrow night. There is always a few tickets to be found somewhere. There's an app. Our daughter has season tickets and we always pick up tickets and go about 5 times a year. But, we have a home theater, and dh gets all the games and he loves watching the games at home. You can see a lot more and you don't have to fight the crowds. I think... a live game is a live game. Woot!

cv quilter
April 5th, 2016, 08:41 PM
Ugh.....not such a good OD for the Dbacks! :( Crud....there's always tonight.