PDA

View Full Version : Season finale of Walking Dead id tonight

Hulamoon
April 3rd, 2016, 07:02 PM
Hello my Walking Dead buddies. We haven't talked in awhile! It's on tonight and 90 min.

It made me sad the doc was axed or arrowed. That wasn't very nice.

Midge
April 3rd, 2016, 09:30 PM
I'm there. And yes, I was sad Denise died. She was trying so hard to overcome her issues, and making big progress.

happygram
April 3rd, 2016, 11:23 PM
We finally meet Negan! That's not, I think, a good thing.

Hulamoon
April 3rd, 2016, 11:32 PM
We finally meet Negan! That's not, I think, a good thing.

I know!

Do you ever wonder why they don't move closer to a city or to the ocean? They seem so stuck in farmland.

Hulamoon
April 4th, 2016, 09:48 AM
Well that was intense. I watched Talking Dead after and no one knows the ending. I won't say anything else just in case.

tlragogo
April 4th, 2016, 11:21 AM
Hello Fellow TWD Fans!

I do not think I'm posting anything people are not already aware of but beware if reading on.

I'm totally conflicted with this episode. First of all, not so much with the show but the number of commercials and previews, ugh! Made a relatively slow episode even more painful......

I am a huge fan of Norman, AKA Darryl. If they kill him off, this is over for me and I'll have to find something else to do with my Sunday evenings....like quilt.

Hulamoon
April 4th, 2016, 11:58 AM
I think the most dramatic storyline would be Carl. Can you imagine how Rick would be after that?

Did anyone notice halfway that Carol walked in front of a building that said Stanton Quilting co. ?

Dollyquilts
April 4th, 2016, 12:11 PM
My daughter's vizsla (Hungarian pointer for those who may not be familiar) is an avid fan of TWD. There was one episode where a child was walking towards one of the guys, can't remember who) and when she got closer he could tell she was a walker. The guy tackled her and killed her. Gracie came unwound. She was running around the den whining and crying, trying to get my SIL to do something. It took awhile to calm her down. She is one of the smartest and sweetest dogs I've ever known.

tlragogo
April 4th, 2016, 12:41 PM
Carl would be dramatic but I do not think he got it....based on a comment that Negan made just before....

It's going to be tough to have to wait until October to find out.

Awe on Gracie's reaction to the child walker being killed. So sweet. My dogs sleep thru the whole thing unless there is a commercial with a dog on it, then one of my dogs goes nuts. The Frontline commercials with the Beagle set him off every time. He doesn't even have to be in the room, when he hears that commercial the house goes up for grabs!

Midge
April 4th, 2016, 12:42 PM
Viszlas are gorgeous dogs. My current fur baby pretty much ignores the tv, but my dear, long dead Bo was the type of dog that would get very excited about bird hunting shows and sit alertly in front of the tv waiting for commands. He knew how to open the screen door, so if the solid door was open he would race outside and follow the command. Of course he didn't really need commands to work our property and flush birds. Or bring home live critters for me either!

I too was getting annoyed at the number of commercials. But I watched it in real time last night, so I am used to never watching commercials. Then tension was making me sick to my stomach and I almost turned it off. I have more than one WD character I'm fond of and I don't see myself abandoning the show. There is a lot more to go with the story my son tells me. Do you think there is something developing between Morgan and Carol?

tlragogo
April 4th, 2016, 01:00 PM
I don't think it's anything romantic between Morgan and Carol. Maybe a mutual respect for the sanctity of life? Carol was much more willing to do what needed to be done to save herself and those around her a few episodes ago. I can't pin point when she started to lose it. When she was in the basement of the Brownstone with Morgan, Denise, Rosalita and the Wolf character, she wanted to kill the Wolf but Morgan stopped her. Morgan's all life is precious philosophy seems to have had an effect on her? That and she is just tired of it all I think.

And what about Enid? Carl locked her in a closet and now she has to stay there until October!!!

I, too, am fond of many of the characters.....but smitten with Darryl....like a lot of fan girls.....Sadly, I'm more of a fan older girl.....LOL. There isn't really anyone who I'd say needs to go at this point

Early on there were a few people who I was actually rooting for to be killed off....I'm ashamed, but there it is.....

laura44
April 4th, 2016, 09:58 PM
It was a hard show to watch, I don't think Carl was killed.
Rick sure looked defeated.

K. McEuen
April 4th, 2016, 10:58 PM
As much as I have been hoping that Carl would be killed (since the first season) I don't think it was him either since Neegan used him as the threat to keep people quiet. I mean how much of a threat would cutting his eye out be if he was being beaten to a pulp? I think it was Aaron, the guy that was a scout for adding people to Alexandria.

Another thought I had - how long is Neegan gong to be on the show since he is on The Good Wife?

Midge
April 4th, 2016, 11:48 PM
I don't think it's anything romantic between Morgan and Carol. Maybe a mutual respect for the sanctity of life?

And what about Enid? Carl locked her in a closet and now she has to stay there until October!!!

I, too, am fond of many of the characters.....but smitten with Darryl....like a lot of fan girls.....Sadly, I'm more of a fan older girl.....LOL. There isn't really anyone who I'd say needs to go at this point

Early on there were a few people who I was actually rooting for to be killed off....I'm ashamed, but there it is.....

I think the basement sequences with the Wolf character set the stage for Carol to be open to Morgan's ideas, and ideas are powerful.

Yes, whiny and annoying Enid has to stay in that closet until midOctober. Yay for that! I've had it with her!

Smitten with Darryl, eh? You should have watched Talking Dead. They did a Skype with Grandma Warrior who asked Darryl (who was part of the show) to marry her! LOL.

Don't be ashamed to admit it would be easier on you if some characters died. I felt relieved when Lori finally died. You aren't alone. This show sets up some very fierce likes and dislikes.

tlragogo
April 4th, 2016, 11:50 PM
I thought of Aaron as well but they way it was advertised it seemed as thought it would be one of the original characters. Aaron hasn't been an big character as of late. But who knows.

The Good Wife is ending/or has ended. It is not a show that I watch but I know that this is the last year so he may be done shooting that show?

tlragogo
April 4th, 2016, 11:53 PM
HAHA, I was thrilled when they killed off Lori!!!
I was also pretty happy to see Andrea go.

Oh and I did watch Talking Dead. That show is as good as Talking dead! Warrior Grandma was adorable!!
The episode of Talking Dead with Eugene (I forget the actors name) was hysterical. That Eugene is really funny.

Hulamoon
April 4th, 2016, 11:58 PM
On Talking dead they said it was a beloved character. We each have favorites, so it could be anyone.I think it will be from the orginal group.

tlragogo
April 4th, 2016, 11:59 PM
On Talking dead they said it was a beloved character. We each have favorites, so it could be anyone.I think it will be from the orginal group.

In the Comics it is Glenn......I sure hope it's not Glenn.....

It's going to be a long 6 months.......

Hulamoon
April 5th, 2016, 12:12 AM
In the Comics it is Glenn......I sure hope it's not Glenn.....

It's going to be a long 6 months.......

There is alway's Fear the Walking Dead till we wait.:icon_popcorn:

I hope not too :(

Midge
April 5th, 2016, 01:04 AM
I had the same questions about Jeffrey Dean Morgan until I found out the Good Wife was ending. Too bad. I really like that show too. And Eugene is hysterical in person. I feel he is under-used on the show. Hope that changes. Yes to Fear the Walking Dead next Sunday night, and soon after AMC is starting a miniseries I am anticipating. It's a John Le Carre story The Night Manager. Should be excellent.

tlragogo
April 5th, 2016, 10:33 AM
I had the same questions about Jeffrey Dean Morgan until I found out the Good Wife was ending. Too bad. I really like that show too. And Eugene is hysterical in person. I feel he is under-used on the show. Hope that changes. Yes to Fear the Walking Dead next Sunday night, and soon after AMC is starting a miniseries I am anticipating. It's a John Le Carre story The Night Manager. Should be excellent.

Agreed, The Night Manager does look compelling. Another series that I am interested in that premiers in May is "Preacher". I don't find a lot on TV these days that is all that interesting so I'm hoping these fill that need.

I will be on the couch Sunday night with my dogs and popcorn for the Premier of "Fear The Dead" and the After show with Chris Hardwick.....

I have to say, I'm happy to find that I am not the only zombie loving quilter out there. I have found that in my personal life no one really watches this stuff anymore and come Monday morning, I have no one to excitedly discuss the previous night's episode with around the water cooler....So thank you my Quilty Zombie Loving friends.

Midge
April 5th, 2016, 12:11 PM
I'm ready to talk zombies or science fiction shows in general just about any time. Preacher should be interesting - it is a DC comic. My son is a huge comics fan, so he knows all these stories inside and out. We even text during shows and have to have at least one lengthy convo each week after the episodes. Side note - back in the day I was 'the cool mom' because I would pick the boys up after school and drive them to the local comic store on the day new issues came out and then to my house for delivery pizza and a comic book consuming session. The owner was great - if the boys brought in good report cards he would give them a free issue that week. These guys still mention comics day when I run into them!

I used to listen to music and still listen to my Cavaliers or Indians games while I sew, but lately I've been immersed in audible books while sewing. I'm listening to The Expanse series of books by James SA Corey, which is a two man writing team. And a pretty good show on SciFi channel. Season 1 recently ran. It's space opera all the way, and I love it. I can't help it. I grew up a geek girl reading comics and science fiction long before it was ok for girls to do that. Still one I guess.

Almost forgot to mention the Newsflesh series of books by Mira Grant. If you like zombie stories, these are very, very good. The first book is called Feed. There are different rules of zombie behavior in these books, but that doesn't lessen the experience. The characters and relationships in these books are very engaging.

Hulamoon
April 5th, 2016, 12:27 PM
Midge I was a total geek too. When I was young it was the Star Trek era. We moved into a new housing development and for some reason all of them were unlocked. We would go in and use the chandelier drops as phasers and run around phasing each other. lol

Those were the days you didn't come home till dark and mom would say what did you do today honey.

Midge
April 5th, 2016, 02:45 PM
Yeah, Lorie, had to be home when the street lights came on. Rode my bike to the library - miles - and checked out all the science fiction I could find in addition to literary fiction. I remember watching The Twilight Zone on tv and being thrilled and scared to death by the stories.

Hulamoon
April 5th, 2016, 07:04 PM
Norman was on the Today show this morning and said it was a major character and everyone was crying.:icon_sniff:

happygram
April 7th, 2016, 03:25 AM
Because of the really annoying and frequent commercials, I DVR the episodes and watch them later. It's interesting, not in a good way!, to see how much of the hour is the show and how much time the commercials take.

Anyway, I think the final episode was one of the most gut wrenching, upsetting, and painful ones ever! I may have mentioned in an earlier post that one of my good friends is Scott Gimpel's mother. She asked him if he'd give her the tiniest hint about what's coming, and he wouldn't tell her anything!!!! His own mother!!! How's that for gratitude?