• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kimsophia
    Missouri Star
    • Oct 2014

Saturday Night Owlin' @,@

Hoot hoot! What's up in your nest? The Bulls lost and so did the Oklahoma Sooners, so my brackets are totally busted as I had picked them to win. Oh well! Next year! I'll be sad when the NBA playoffs are over as I've once again really enjoyed basketball this winter.

I continue to work on the Easter Egg sampler. I had to get out the magnifying glass today as the stitching of one thread of floss over one thread of linen in one area was making me cross eyed. There's not much of that left, happily.

Hoot your latest! @,@
  • Simply Quilting
    Missouri Star
    • Dec 2013

Re: Saturday Night Owlin' @,@

Today was the children's final bowling games of the season. Middle ds and dd team won over all for the season. Today in the individual competition, middle ds won 1st place scratch (which means he was the highest raw scoring in their division). Usually, scores are figured with a handicap to help balance out the score and they did this as well for 1st, 2nd and 3rd. But they also did a raw score. I was so proud of all of the bowlers and their parents as everyone cheered all the bowlers on and the bowlers congratulated each other when a good score was made and cheered each other up when a not so great score was had.

Other than that, it has been a fairly quiet week around here.

Comment

• carolynrae
      The Guild President
      • Apr 2013

Finally finished putting together my skateboard squares, put them out on my kitchen table so I could start sewing them together. Got to the last row and I was missing one board.....argggg....went through the house, finally found it behind my cutting table.

Sorry the Bulls and Sooners lost. I don't do cross stitch any more my eyes just can't see those little squares they make now. When I cross stitched they used to be larger, they made them so I could see them without any trouble.

Comment

• stationarymom
        Missouri Star
        • Jun 2013

Kim sorry to hear about your brackets.There wasn't much going on here today everyone had enough excitement during the week .We're expecting snow and cold temps and high winds tomorrow and Monday.I need to get to the store but we'll see about that later.I hope all the owls are doing well tonight.
        :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

• toggpine
          Missouri Star
          • Aug 2009

Other than laundry, a bit of tidying, and dishes, nothing inside got done today. The weather was too nice.

I brought the breeding bucks out to have their hooves trimmed and get their spring dewormer. They are on their way to being respectable gentleman again. If the warm spell was going to last, I would have given them a bath and a haircut. As it was, I trimmed the one boy's top knot so he could see through his hairdo. The other guy had some matted leg hairs cleaned up.
          We even had the pack saddle out and on the wether for awhile. He is pretty gentle, but at 185# he kind of pulls Emily if she's not watchful.

The kidding pens are cleaned. The barn should be on the list for tomorrow after we get home from taking Eric to brunch for his birthday. IF either of us can move in the morning. He managed to get the new part of the chicken coop framed in. Once this is done, we'll be able to get into the coop without having to go through the buck pen. (Ultra convenient for farm sitters, especially in the fall!)
          Our 9 year old hen has laid three eggs this week! I think she is afraid that with the new chicks she is headed for the stew pot!
          I think I'll poke about a bit while I finish my drink, and then head for the nest.
          Happy hooting everyone!
          Be who you are and say what you feel
          because those who mind don't matter,
          and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

• Granny Judy
            Missouri Star
            • Apr 2011

It was cold and very windy around here... so nothing got done outside. Didn't even get the little beastie out for a walk. I just wasn't up to layering on all the clothes necessary to stay warm. We got our little guy (cock a poo) for the next 4 days..so it was introduction time for everyone. No one wanted to play nice...

I am giving the dog tooth border another try. Using a 45 degree triangle instead of the 60. I am just stubborn about learning how to do something new (to me). I've ran out of the fabric that matches the main quilt.. so it's either go shopping or skip this border If I can't get these pieces to work.
            Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
            :icon_wave:

Comment

Working...
            X