PDA

View Full Version : Friday Night Owl @,@

kimsophia
April 2nd, 2016, 02:17 AM
Hoot hoo! Whoa! The Warriors just lost at home! :icon_surprised: Unfortunately I was half asleep on the couch for part of it as I was sure they were going to win.

I had to pick a lot of stitches out of my Easter bunny on my sampler...such tiny things that a seam ripper wouldn't fit into them so I picked at it with a needle to unlace them...I haven't had enough caffeine today.

What's up in your tree?

stationarymom
April 2nd, 2016, 02:41 AM
I hope you feel better tonight Kim.My father went home on Tuesday and Wednesday he had a tornado that was a mile from his house.He said he could see the funnel cloud from his house.Not much happening here,I've been falling asleep early this week for some reason.My DH was released from work (he works at a college) the last two days because they had a bomb and shooter threat one day and the next it was just a shooter threat.I was afraid to see him go this am because it was April fools day,I figured if something was going to happen it would have been today but no threats and he arrived safe and sound.

kimsophia
April 2nd, 2016, 02:44 AM
How frightening! Were they hoax threats or was anything found?

stationarymom
April 2nd, 2016, 02:47 AM
I don't think they were able to find out.They couldn't rule them out as not credible so they had to evacuate the campus the FBI is looking into the threats.

Judy, USMC
April 2nd, 2016, 03:02 AM
I did watch Thursday night's Bull's game ... they barely squeaked that win. Hope they do make it to the playoffs.

Got several boxes today that I have to sort through and put up. Too many sales hit at one time and even though they're coming from different states it seems they all came today. Poor delivery guy had to make 2 trips! The storms are supposed to hit us tonight and tomorrow. More rain is NOT what we need. It's been so wet that we can't mow and now the weeds are tall and my yard looks like the house has been abandoned.

Granny Judy
April 2nd, 2016, 04:32 AM
sounds like Judy needs a life raft..... hoping the rain lets up and you get dried out.

Not much happening here in my little nook. Just getting ready to dog sit for 3 days... for a friend who is going on a 3 day vacation. Her little male poodle and my Chihuahua don't like each other, so out comes the baby gates so we can keep them separated. I'm sure after a few walks they will get over the fighting and trying to tear each other to shreds.

Now if I don't get back here for awhile, don't think I've abandoned you all. I am having cataract surgery on Wednesday.. the 6th. It'll take a week or two to get back to my normal routine.

Thus I am trying really hard to get the vintage blocks together before the surgery. It's coming along nicely, tho the blocks are a bit fiddly since they just won't square up. When I get aggravated with them I do a bit of hand quilting. Some how I never seem to find enough time to get much accomplished.. but slow and steady is my thinking.

kimsophia
April 2nd, 2016, 04:45 AM
Good wishes for your surgery. My husband needs that but he won't get it until he's old enough for Medicare to pay for it. When he can finally see again he's going to realize how dirty this house is...

Judy, USMC
April 2nd, 2016, 05:07 AM
I also wish you success on your surgery, Granny Judy.

Has anyone heard from May? Hope her husband is doing better. Good to know the guys will be there.

Granny Judy
April 2nd, 2016, 05:16 AM
I just saw that post from May..... I haven't heard anymore. I will be checking up on her thru the forum. If anyone hears from her please let me know.

Very funny, Kim. I think I would be telling him there must be something in your eyes if he notices. Otherwise, I won't tell.

judimccl
April 2nd, 2016, 06:10 PM
Hi Judy - good luck on your surgery. Prayers said for a quick recovery. :icon_wave: