PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted you to know...

kensington
April 2nd, 2016, 12:25 AM
This is my FB status that I just posted. I wanted my quilty M* friends to know.

It is with military mom pride and mom sadness that I'm posting our son Kevin left this morning with his Marine Infantry Unit and deployed to Iraq for the next 7 months. As a military service family we know how important it is that today he is called to go so that in the future his brothers may never need to. We believe in our military and serving our country through military service. That makes it no easier as a family to see one of our sons called to go. Kevin has been to the sandbox twice serving in Afghanistan, and he knows his job. He loves the corps. Please put our family, our son Kevin and His beautiful wife Emily Zeller on your prayer list and keep us there during this deployment. I pray for safe travel for him and division there and back. I ask the LORD to encamp Angels of Heaven around my son. To keep His word that has been planted in his heart and mind since childhood so he would remember everyday. He knows God is for him and I pray God would help him to keep his faith in that every day. I pray that God will send him home safe to us again as he has before. To God be all glory, honor and power. Lord, please help me to be strong and brave... I'm having a hard time right now.

Simply Quilting
April 2nd, 2016, 12:32 AM
Please thank your son for his service from those of us who are proud and grateful to those who are willing to risk so much. Prayers for him and for the family who are waiting eagerly for his safe return. Lifting you up in prayers Gloria that God give you peace as only He can when a mama has her boy deployed.

Cokie
April 2nd, 2016, 12:56 AM
My son was deployed to Iraq twice with the Marines at the beginning of Operation Iraqi Freedom. It is such a mixture of fear and pride! I will keep you and your family, and especially your son, in prayer during this time.

Lilly
April 2nd, 2016, 01:08 AM
That was such a beautiful prayer, Kensington! I can't add anything more than an "Amen"! and a promise to hold you all up throughout his deployment and safe return to you.

stationarymom
April 2nd, 2016, 01:46 AM
Gloria I feel for you and your mixed feelings now.I will keep your son and family in my prayers.Please thank your son for his service and sacrifice for us.

kensington
April 2nd, 2016, 03:16 AM
Thank you very much. He shipped early this morning, I did get to talk to him for a few minutes while he was waiting to board his plan. Since then... there have been rough moments during the day and evening. I'm worried about his wife Emily, this is her first deployment. She is pretty shook up. I hope I can be a help to her in getting through these months. We hope she will come see us this summer.

LauraP
April 2nd, 2016, 03:52 AM
From a military mom--encourage your Emily to find a military wife buddy who has already gone through at least one deployment. There will be so much scuttlebutt coming down the line that she will need someone to help weed the real from the gossip. Every base and company has a buddy system that she can tap into.
As you know, the road of those who stay behind can be even more difficult than the road the soldier walks. He at least knows he is okay minute to minute and has a job to focus on. Those at home must trust his fellow soldiers to protect his back and get the news home. It's not that our soldiers don't worry about us but they are focused on staying alive.
Yes we are very proud of our service men and women for stepping up and doing a job no one else wants but as mothers we wish we could wrap them in their baby blankets and keep them safe forever. Please remember there are a lot of hands reaching for you whenever you need them. All you have to do is let us know.
And we can do our part by not bringing the casualties and the horror of the war up every day.

kensington
April 2nd, 2016, 04:46 AM
Thanks for your kind word Laura... I plan to make myself available for Emily any time she needs me. I'm a military wife too... my husband served in the Navy for 26+ years.... Kevin is my 3rd son to sign up... Our oldest was in the Army Old Guard for 5 years and our next one younger than Kevin is in the National Guard right now too. I've survived 8 deployments my husband went on and the first 3 Kevin was on. Emily is there with the other wives from the Division, she also has a job that keeps her very busy. She is very close to her own mother, and I hope she will receive me as the friend and the example I hope to be for her.

I plan to call her often. We plan to bring her here this summer when we all are here for our reunion. Kevin won't be here, but we always have so much fun and we really want her to come be with us. As a family we certainly intend to let her know she is our family and we are here for her.

Wwena
April 2nd, 2016, 06:30 AM
I hope your son stays safe!

KarenC
April 2nd, 2016, 08:13 AM
I pray for all of you and your son's safety. It is the whole family at home that is serving with Kevin, and I thank you all.

Suzette
April 2nd, 2016, 09:11 AM
The service of your son and the sacrifice of your family is deeply appreciated and all will be kept firmly in my prayers.

Grandma Nan
April 2nd, 2016, 09:36 AM
No words of wisdom from me, just a mom's understanding of how hard this must be. My SIL is in the Air Force and has had a couple of minor deployments and it is always so difficult. We are so proud of all of our military families and appreciate the toll is takes on lives, families and communities in order to ensure our freedoms.
Thank you to your family and others for accepting this challenge and we shall remember them daily.

easyquilts
April 2nd, 2016, 10:17 AM
God bless your son.... We ALL thank him...and men and women like him...fir their service...

Your post brought tears to my eyes..".. I could feel both your pride and sadness....and fear.... You are, indeed, a brave mom...

I pray that God's Angels will surround yiur son.....as well as all others in harm's way....

quiltingtrish
April 2nd, 2016, 10:21 AM
I'll pray for your son and any family he leaves here. May angels surround him and his fellow Marines as they go to protect us.

Pepsiboy
April 2nd, 2016, 12:22 PM
This is my FB status that I just posted. I wanted my quilty M* friends to know.

It is with military mom pride and mom sadness that I'm posting our son Kevin left this morning with his Marine Infantry Unit and deployed to Iraq for the next 7 months. As a military service family we know how important it is that today he is called to go so that in the future his brothers may never need to. We believe in our military and serving our country through military service. That makes it no easier as a family to see one of our sons called to go. Kevin has been to the sandbox twice serving in Afghanistan, and he knows his job. He loves the corps. Please put our family, our son Kevin and His beautiful wife Emily Zeller on your prayer list and keep us there during this deployment. I pray for safe travel for him and division there and back. I ask the LORD to encamp Angels of Heaven around my son. To keep His word that has been planted in his heart and mind since childhood so he would remember everyday. He knows God is for him and I pray God would help him to keep his faith in that every day. I pray that God will send him home safe to us again as he has before. To God be all glory, honor and power. Lord, please help me to be strong and brave... I'm having a hard time right now.

Kensington,

I wish the best for your son. All I can say is that if he has taken his training seriously, he WILL be just fine. As a military Son, former military person, military Father and Grandfather, I know what you are going through. Just remember, He is tough and SO ARE YOU. All will be over in a flash as you look back on it.
Please keep us posted on how you and he are doing.

many thanks to everyone in your family for his service.

Dave

Navy Wife
April 2nd, 2016, 12:27 PM
My prayers are with your son, and with you and all the family. My son was on deployments in the middle east. He was aboard ship or flying through most of them so not in quite as much danger as yours. I thank God that he is now retired. I'll be happy to put in a few more hours on my knees for your son and his buddies.

GrammaBabs
April 2nd, 2016, 12:36 PM
I thank you and your whole family for the service you've provided... It must be so difficult! I too will keep my prayers with him for his time there... Take care GF... one day at a time and one foot in front of the other... Sew like crazy and lose yourself in the noise and stitches:) Barbara aka GrammaBabs... one time retreat gal:))) from MA

WendyI
April 2nd, 2016, 12:43 PM
Hope time passes quickly and he comes home safe and sound.

Linda mac
April 2nd, 2016, 04:27 PM
Tell your Son thank you so much for all he does for this Great Country we live in, this is one of the many reasons that I make the QOV for our Veterans.

seaturtle
April 2nd, 2016, 05:15 PM
I will pray for you and your family during this time. Please keep us posted on how he's doing. Thank him for his service for us.

pcbatiks
April 2nd, 2016, 05:44 PM
Prayers for your son and the family too.

MRoy
April 2nd, 2016, 05:59 PM
Prayers for your son and your family. I hope the time of his deployment passes quickly and safely.

judimccl
April 2nd, 2016, 06:16 PM
Prayers being said for a safe deployment for Kevin, and also prayers for the whole family during this time.

Bubby
April 2nd, 2016, 06:24 PM
My prayers for Kevin, you and your family will be ongoing. I can't imagine the stress vs being proud. Hugs to you (((HUGS)))

Sharyn J
April 2nd, 2016, 06:28 PM
My prayers are with Kevin and your family May the Lord watch over and protect him.

Dollyquilts
April 2nd, 2016, 07:05 PM
Prayers for you all. I have a friend whose son has been deployed seven times. I will continue to pray during this entire deployment.

SewnByBee
April 2nd, 2016, 08:09 PM
Thanks for sharing, this with us. Please let Kevin and your DIL,know that, the M* Forum friends, will certainly be praying for their safety, and blessings upon each family deployed with him.

I know, this, is so hard, on you all...... There are not words to describe, the appreciation, the admiration, the respect, or the gratitude, for in which we wholeheartedly feel.

We are here to be as supportive, and will help, in any way, we can.
Standing with you, is what, we do, as a country, as a community, as a proud American. God Bless you, and the
USA ⭐⭐⭐

KathyCrofoot
April 2nd, 2016, 09:40 PM
Gloria, you, your son and daughter-in-law and the rest of the family are in our thoughts and prayers here. Being the Mom of a deployed service member is difficult, as you well know. Please be kind to yourself and take time to connect with yourself. Remember He who holds us in the palm of his hands, knows every hair on our heads, certainly knows how difficult this is for you all. He has already surrounded you with His angels, and hopefully you can find some small measure of peace in this.

Skype was about the only thing that kept me sane during my son's last deployment. If I could see he was online, at least I knew he was safe. Please know you have friends here that know (mostly) what you're going through. Please feel free to lean on me if you need it. Anytime, anyway you can reach me, I'll be here for you.

Amarillo19
April 2nd, 2016, 10:00 PM
You and your son are included in my daily prayers.

MayinJerset
April 3rd, 2016, 12:09 AM
Adding my prayers for Keven to return home to his wife and family safe and sound.

jjkaiser
April 3rd, 2016, 12:40 AM
Thank you for letting us know about this and for sharing your son with his country. Please thank him for keeping us safe and free. You sound like an absolutely wonderful role model for your DIL, you really have your act together. Maybe bc you have been through this so often? Hoping this deployment passes quickly and he comes back safe.

grammaterry
April 3rd, 2016, 11:30 AM
sometimes we all complain about the things our children put us through but I can't even imagine being the mother of a military son or daughter. You are brave, he is braver. My prayers are with you and your son and all the sons and daughters that so valiantly fight for our freedom. What would we do without them.

bakermom
April 3rd, 2016, 11:44 AM
Thank you to your son for his service and to your family.

Lori63
April 3rd, 2016, 11:52 AM
Gloria, I can't imagine how hard this is for you and it sounds like you've gone through it a lot. I think most everyone on here is praying for you and your son and Emily.

JaniceR
April 3rd, 2016, 12:03 PM
Please thank your son for his service. Praying for him to be safe, strength for him, for you and all of his family, and that he return to all of you safe and sound. I cannot imagine how hard this must be for you. I appreciate all of our military and their families and all that they go through.

cathleen
April 3rd, 2016, 01:26 PM
God bless your son, and may God give you peace also!

jjkaiser
April 3rd, 2016, 01:32 PM
sometimes we all complain about the things our children put us through but I can't even imagine being the mother of a military son or daughter. You are brave, he is braver. My prayers are with you and your son and all the sons and daughters that so valiantly fight for our freedom. What would we do without them.

Beautifully said, I couldn't agree more!!!

KPH
April 3rd, 2016, 01:56 PM
Prayers are with you and your family.

Former Navy mom here. Each time I watched Jim leave on deployment, I would always feel that little nagging - what if this is the last time. It's hard being a mom knowing your son/daughter is heading into harms way.

Military families give up so much, but do so willingly, with dignity and honor.

Time flies, as they say. He'll be back before you know it. May Heaven's angels wrap our military near and far in their loving arms. Keep them safe in God's almighty grace.

geegeequilts
April 3rd, 2016, 03:54 PM
Not much I can add except ditto. I know you'll keep your brave face on for your DIL & family. Just know you can let it go with us. God Bless your son & I pray his safe & healthy return. Thank him for his service.

Gina

JCY
April 3rd, 2016, 04:25 PM
As a former military mom, I understand what you're going through. It was an unsettled time for us when my oldest son (Air Force) was deployed during Desert Storm back in Jan., 1991. Both of my step-sons were in the military: one Navy, one Air Force, then Air National Guard for several years. I appreciate all the sacrifices our military men & women make to keep American strong & safe. There also are the dangerous covert missions that we seldom hear about -- the Navy seals & other elite groups. Thoughts & prayers to you & yours, esp. his wife.

SallyO'Sews
April 3rd, 2016, 11:38 PM
On it, dear one. Just read your post to my DH (a pastor), two sons & one daughter-in-love. We will all pray.
Quilty hugs and plessings to you!
~ Sally

auntiemern
April 4th, 2016, 12:18 AM
Awe Gloria. When I read your post on FB it hurt my heart. You and Martin have raised an amazing family, with amazing values and who see the honor in serving our country. I will certainly be praying for Kevin, Emily, you, Martin and the entire family. I know you will make it through this...even with the ups and downs you feel. Your faith is strong, and it will get you through. (((Gloria)))

kensington
April 4th, 2016, 03:36 AM
Awe Gloria. When I read your post on FB it hurt my heart. You and Martin have raised an amazing family, with amazing values and who see the honor in serving our country. I will certainly be praying for Kevin, Emily, you, Martin and the entire family. I know you will make it through this...even with the ups and downs you feel. Your faith is strong, and it will get you through. (((Gloria)))

Thank you so much. Your support means a lot to me Marilyn. He landed in Kuwait, so ... in about 2 days, Iraq. (sigh)... been praying without ceasing.