PDA

View Full Version : A hello and update on me at long last

WendyI
April 1st, 2016, 12:23 PM
:icon_hi:

Well I have finally found my way back in here and I hope to be here more often, I have missed you all greatly! A HUGE thank you to those who stayed in touch and kicked my backside (Eileen you did the BEST job!)...it meant so much that you thought of me! I had a quick peek around and see there are a lot of new peeps for me to get to know which I am so looking forward to! I also see a lot of old friends and am happy to see you doing so well! I have missed you all for sure! :icon_kiss:

So...what's new with me? Well, I have finally returned to work on a part time basis for the month of April and will be full-time again as of May 2. My life is starting to settle into a new "normal" and it's been almost a year since I moved into my own place in May. I have adapted mostly to being alone but definitely have days where I am so lost and missing my ex. But then I pick myself up and realize it is he who has lost me and will one day regret his actions. I struggle with having to do the things that he always did, and having to pay someone drives me crazy...those are the most difficult of days for me.

Liam is doing amazing under the circumstances...last month I helped him register for HIGHSCHOOL!! :icon_surprised: He is in an advanced academics program that is a university preparation program so I am excited for him. He struggled at bit in the beginning of the year but is definitely back on track now. He likes school thankfully so that does make things much easier.

I have been thinking a lot about getting back into some sewing but haven't quite gotten up to it yet. A lot of my UFO's are still in storage so have to get them back and then really work on organizing my sewing room. I just haven't had much interest in hobby's at all lately and have been escaping into tv. BUT I am not happy unless I am being creative so really have to get back to that. I have decided to resurrect "The Witch" (I'm sure some of you remember her?!) and finish quilting her and then I will be giving her to my doctor whom I adore and has saved my life over this past year.

So that's about it. I'm sure there is a lot more but I don't want to bore you to tears. Oh...I did turn 50 in March...don't feel any different really...should I? :icon_beuj: I'm off to try and catch up on everyone's comings and goings. Hoping all is well with everyone. You HAVE been in my thoughts a lot and I'm sorry to have been so absent.

:icon_wave:

mommadeb
April 1st, 2016, 12:31 PM
Glad to see you back. I was wondering how you were doing.

lauratreky@comcast.net
April 1st, 2016, 12:35 PM
Wendy, I am a lurker-I mostly sit back and live vicariously through others in the group. But I was just thinking about you the other day! I am glad you are back and feeling better. It sounds like you have worked through some of the things that were weighing heavy on you-congratulations! I hope things continue to go well for you and your son (kudos to him too!) and that you will find your way back to your crafts. They do lift the spirit! Belated happy birthday-50 is the new 40 so I have been told. ;) Stay strong!

asta
April 1st, 2016, 12:41 PM
Glad to hear from you, I have often thought about you over the past few months.
Welcome Back!!!

Dollyquilts
April 1st, 2016, 12:49 PM
Wendy, so happy to see you here again. I have thought of you often and wondered how you were doing. Hope it's a sign on good things to come. Dolly

Midge
April 1st, 2016, 12:53 PM
Wendy how wonderful to see you back on the forum. I have thought of you frequently and wondered how things were going. Sometimes there just isn't energy for hobbies like sewing, so glad to hear you are thinking about it.

geegeequilts
April 1st, 2016, 01:00 PM
I had also thought about you Wendy & wondered how you were. You'll find your way back to the things you love (quilting , etc) before too long. Don't let the EX or thoughts of him get you depressed & down. He was the one that wanted something different not you. So I say t#&* with him. Get yourself happy Liam as well.

Oh yeah, WELC OME BACK!!!

Gina

mischiefkat
April 1st, 2016, 01:09 PM
Wendy, so glad to see your post. Glad to hear you

mischiefkat
April 1st, 2016, 01:16 PM
Opps didn't finish................... are doing well. Looking forward to more posts and pics of your finished UFO's . Sounds like your son is doing well also. God Bless to both of you Kathy

shermur
April 1st, 2016, 01:57 PM
Hugs, Wendy! So glad you're back!

Simply Quilting
April 1st, 2016, 02:20 PM
Wendy, great to have you back!!!

ilive2craft2
April 1st, 2016, 03:11 PM
So excited to see you back! Glad things are settling down and that Liam is also doing well.

If the witch is too intimidating, start with a quick project or 2 - mug rugs or table runners. No need to frustrate yourself right off the bat!

Glad to hear that the big 50 is not a big deal - mine is coming up in a month and I have been kind of dreading it. Many hugs, Lisa

auntiemern
April 1st, 2016, 03:13 PM
So glad to see you back. One day at a time is all any of us can do. Get that sewing machine out and fired up....it is surely a great stress reliever.

Learner quilter
April 1st, 2016, 03:14 PM
Welcome back. :icon_wave:. I have been checking to see if you had logged in....

sewbizzy
April 1st, 2016, 03:58 PM
Wendy, I am glad that you are back and doing well...was thinking of you recently....love to read all the posts...
hugs, Carol

grandma nurse
April 1st, 2016, 04:12 PM
When I read the title to this post my mind went immediately to you. Wendy, I was happy it was from you. Glad to have you back. I will reassure you that when the time is right those UFO's will come out of hiding and you will want to start on them. Glad to have you back.

Hulamoon
April 1st, 2016, 04:20 PM
Hello old friend! You sound much better. I hear you about hobbies. I got back into my deck garden. That's a little something you can do right now. How is your birdie?

Carol336
April 1st, 2016, 05:03 PM
I've thought of you and Liam so often over the past months.....so glad to see your smiling face again. It sounds like the road is becoming a little less bumpy for you guys....and Liam is going to Highschool - I cannot believe that!!!! Welcome back.

Aussiejan
April 1st, 2016, 05:16 PM
OMG! Just doing my daily check of the "questions" and "show and tell" and thought I should just check "Chit Chat" because you suddenly popped into my mind - "Where's Wendy?" And there you were! Welcome back! Cheers Jan :)

Monique
April 1st, 2016, 05:17 PM
Wendy it is great to see you again and have you back here. You have been missed. Get those UFOs out, they need to see the light of day.

Happy belated birthday.

K. McEuen
April 1st, 2016, 05:32 PM
Hey Wendy!!

You know I got a fantastic giggle out of the fact that you showed back up on April Fool's Day.

KarenC
April 1st, 2016, 05:34 PM
Glad you are doing better. The big "D" is never easy, but time does help the healing. I went through mine 7 years ago. I pulled out a quilt I started over 30 years ago, and the quilting has helped me through my journey. I learned to focus on the positive and stay busy. Glad you are back and well.

SewnByBee
April 1st, 2016, 05:59 PM
Wendy, so glad to see you back here.
Please, come back more often and say hello.
You have been missed...... glad to hear, possitive changes,happening for you...(((( BIG HUGGS)))).........keep in touch.☺

quiltingtrish
April 1st, 2016, 06:47 PM
Great to see you back and doing better. And Liam too! Sure did miss you. Looking forward to more posts from you.

Jean Sewing Machine
April 1st, 2016, 07:59 PM
I was visiting GrandmaNan and RiverMomm in Canada several weeks ago, and we were all wondering how you were. Glad to hear from you, and glad the kid is doing well!

alliek
April 1st, 2016, 09:03 PM
Wendy, so happy to see your pretty smiling face again! :icon_hug:

Carolyn23
April 1st, 2016, 10:03 PM
Welcome back, Wendy! Although I rarely post on here, I do read almost every day about everyone's going ons. Wondered how you were and am glad to hear your news. Happy belated birthday! Carolyn

Sandy Navas
April 1st, 2016, 10:05 PM
So great to have an update on you - know that your friends are all still here, sometimes we just don't rattle your cage!!

Grandma G
April 1st, 2016, 10:08 PM
Welcome back, Wendy!! So glad to see you posting again. I know the transition in your life has been difficult but it sounds like you are settling into your new normal. Congratulations to Liam for his school accomplishments. Look forward to seeing more of your posts.

Many hugs,
Gerri

SallyO'Sews
April 1st, 2016, 10:41 PM
WENDY!!!!! SOOOO good to see you. Glad you're doing so well. Big quilty hugs to you, dear one.

Cathy F
April 1st, 2016, 10:51 PM
Hi Wendy, welcome back! As you can see you were missed. I'm glad things are much better for you and Liam. Look forward to seeing more posts from you.

ceiliam
April 1st, 2016, 11:11 PM
Welcome back have wondered abt you so glad to hear from you

Kgrammiecaz
April 1st, 2016, 11:31 PM
So thrilled to see you back. I miss you being here and seeing your creative work. I too have thought often of how you and Liam were doing. You sound great. Happy 50th! I did not feel much different, just think your womderful new life is now beginning at 50. Go create, stick around please. Keep well.

WendyI
April 1st, 2016, 11:59 PM
Thank you all so much for the kind welcome backs! I have missed you all so much!! Lorie, Cricket is doing well...not too happy about me being back at work and leaving her alone but she is adapting. Jean, wish I had known you were up this way! Would have loved to meet up.

As for the UFO's, they are currently in storage at Scott's work. When I found out in December that he was already seeing someone else, I demanded he return it all, but of course he hasnt yet. I try to have as little contsct with him as possible as it is painful for me, but will have to get on that I guess.

Thank yiu for the great welcome. I hope to be in here much more often...the love and support are certainly very much appreciatex! Xoxxo

WendyI
April 2nd, 2016, 12:00 AM
PS....sorry for the typos...my new phone stinks!

JCY
April 2nd, 2016, 12:16 AM
Soooo glad to see you back, Wendy! We've missed you here. One day at a time - keep on keeping on. You'll feel better once you get your sewing room organized & start working on some projects again. Happy Quilting!

Grandma Nan
April 2nd, 2016, 12:19 AM
Glad you are back with us Wendy. Just think that all those horrible first are DONE. You can start fresh- no more first birthday without ex, no more first Christmas and on and on. You are in charge of you and nobody else. Make sure that Liam is included in the happy circle and just push forward. You can do.

stationarymom
April 2nd, 2016, 02:10 AM
Welcome back Wendy! Happy Birthday also.I'm so glad to hear that things are getting better and brighter for you now.Keep in touch.

Granny Judy
April 2nd, 2016, 04:41 AM
Hugs Wendy.. hope to see a lot of you .... missed you.

Wwena
April 2nd, 2016, 06:29 AM
Huge belated congrats on your birthday! So happy to hear from you, Wendy - I missed you! You seem to be doing great, what a journey you have been on - still ways to go but I'm sure it's less bumpy now. :)

Big hugs!

irishrn
April 2nd, 2016, 10:02 AM
Hey Wendy! So glad to see your posts..... And I hope that when I did send you those butt kick emails, you know it was meant to be a positive reminder we are all here for each other!
Reading the posts above just prove you are valued by all! And add to that when Liam is doing well, it means he is also responding to you doing well! If Momma is happy they everyone can be happy!

I'm so pleased.... And as for the 50.... You've only just begun to enjoy the years of being who you were meant to be...
I'm leaping toward 66 this week and believe me.... 50 is good!
So hugs to you. And to all here. It is so nice to get time to pop in and feel the love!

Deegles
April 2nd, 2016, 10:04 AM
The great thing about this forum, everything you think you may have missed is right at your fingertips so you have not missed a thing. I am glad you are back in the swing of things. :icon_wave::icon_umpf::icon_umpf::icon_umpf::icon_ hiya::icon_woohoo::icon_woohoo::icon_woohoo::icon_ woohoo::icon_woohoo::icon_woohoo::icon_woohoo::ico n_woohoo::icon_woohoo:

easyquilts
April 2nd, 2016, 10:11 AM
So glad to see you back! And to hear how well you are doing.... You are a strong woman... Don't forget that...

Good for Lism! It seems that he is doing well, too...

God bless!

Navy Wife
April 2nd, 2016, 01:14 PM
So great to see you back. We have all missed you. As others have said, one day at a time. Sounds like you're doing well, and you must be proud of your young man! Don't worry about 50. Wait till you're 78 and 50 is just a kid!

JaniceR
April 2nd, 2016, 01:17 PM
Wendy, so glad to see you back. I am happy to hear things are improving for you and that Liam is doing so well. I know that you are still adjusting and hope everyday makes you stronger and that you feel better each day. Take care of yourself and welcome back!!

GuitarGramma
April 2nd, 2016, 02:16 PM
Wendy! I'm so glad you're back! It's wonderful to know that you've faced life with strength and courage. Especially glad that Liam is thriving. Please keep in touch with us!