PDA

View Full Version : Yaaaayyyy - it's Friday

Bouse
April 1st, 2016, 09:23 AM
It's quiet here today. I hope you're not all suffering badly with the effects of the weather that has been reported on the news. After our beautiful sunny day yesterday, we have wind and rain today. Never mind though it's Friday. A day to make me smile because it's the last working day of the week for me. This weekend, I'll play with my children, do some work in the garden (if it stops raining) and wiggle in some sewing time. What plans do you have for this weekend?

Thoughts and prayers for those in need and those not on the forum today for whatever reason. I miss you when you're not around.:icon_wave:

LauraP
April 1st, 2016, 11:17 AM
Today is our second wedding anniversary and we are going out of town to a "classy" restaurant. Reservations and everything. Other than that I will be sewing and getting my new lenses for my glasses ordered. I went to a new eye doc and she said the reason I've been having problems seeing is because my glasses are too strong. She showed me the difference between what I have and what I should have and it was striking.

Carlie Wolf
April 1st, 2016, 11:26 AM
I got my main garden down yesterday. I turned it into a salad garden except for the potato plants. Now on to the peas along one of the fences.

I have a hair appt this afternoon. I finally found a few place to cut my hair. About 6 months ago I had a great cut for me when I visited my sister in Maryland. (It was the cut Robin Wright had on House of Cards (Netflix). Great, really great and when I washed it I didn't have to do anything with it....my kind of haircut. Then I had a place close to me trim it after a month and half. Not good and they stuck some kind of weird wedge in it which I had them fix. Then it started. I washed it and what a mess. A total of three times I had them "fix" it and each time it got worse and worse. The last 6 weeks I've been letting it grow out so maybe someone else can fix it. I found a few place not to far away. They were horrified at what it looked like and say OMG they didn't even cut the two sides evenly...one is shorter than the other. Pray, pray, pray that it actually gets fixed today. I look like a monster out of some B movie.

Learner quilter
April 1st, 2016, 03:20 PM
Today I stopped for 2 weeks, school holidays. :icon_woohoo::icon_woohoo::icon_woohoo: