PDA

View Full Version : It's Thursday and the last day of March!!!!!

Monique
March 31st, 2016, 07:24 AM
Good morning from dark and wet Ladysmith. We are under a heavy rain warning today. UGH!!! At least it will clear away the snow.

Greg and Ashley have made it to Edmonton and headed to Calgary today!! Thank you for your prayers for their safe voyage.

Les and I are headed to Trenton today. It's Maizyn's 6th birthday and we are going to surprise her. It should be fun, she will be so wound up.

Yesterday I met with a reporter as she wanted to do a story about Victoria's Quilts. I took my two blankets, one is mine and the other was mother's because she wanted to take pictures. So the article should come out next week in the local paper.

I did a little sewing, adding the binding to the placemats and then finished attaching those last night. I may take them with me today to work on in the van.

So those are my plans for today. There is an auction sale on Saturday that lists quilting fabric - large assortment and quilt supplies. VERY interested in that. I am hoping to get some really good deals.

Have a great day everyone. Smile today just because you can.

Jean Sewing Machine
March 31st, 2016, 09:24 AM
Happy Thursday all! Looking forward to April!

I have lots to do in the sewing room but when it is cold and rainy, the couch with quilts over me is the natural choice! While I was lolling around yesterday, a friend texted me asking me to make 2 NCWS a purse and quilt! Now I really need to get on the stick!

Have fun with your granddaughter today, Monique! 6 is a very fun age!

Bouse
March 31st, 2016, 09:34 AM
It's cold here in Glasgow, Scotland but the sun is shining brightly. Unfortunately I'm at work at the moment so not getting a chance to enjoy it. Tonight I'll hopefully get a Circle of Care quilt quilted and the binding machined on. We don't have anyone like Blondie here that I am aware of but I know a person who has a need for a quilt with this sentiment and I want to get it finished for her.

Mom23
March 31st, 2016, 09:35 AM
Good Morning All,

I'm taking the time to peek in and say hello. I tried to cut back on my computer time during lent so I wasn't on the forum much. It's a rainy morning here so I'm in my favorite chair, feet up, my forum retreat quilt from Jean on my lap and a cup of coffee. Life is good!

I've been in a bit of a sewing funk but I got back into my room last night. I'm working on a pattern that is very time consuming and I don't really like it. I refuse to start anything new until this is done so today I plan on hitting it hard and getting lots done.

Monique, enjoy little Maizyn tonight. I can't believe she is six already. Jean, I can't wait to see everything you make for your friend. You always complete such nice work!

Lyndaj
March 31st, 2016, 09:38 AM
Good rainy morning everyone,

It's coming down in buckets here this morning.

I'm off to yoga this morning and then back home to work on my Binding Star Quilt that I started in class yesterday. Very excited about this one. It will be very pretty.

Have a safe trip Monique and have a great day everyone.

MayinJerset
March 31st, 2016, 09:45 AM
OK. I'm UP and I'm Smiling, or at least my mouth is, but I'm not happy about it. Body aches during the night made me think it was damp and raining so I envisioned a cozy day on the couch but my body was wrong - it's bright and sun shiny out! Think I'll feel better about having a production day after I have another cup of coffee.
This better work as I need go to Kohl's for a BDay gift for great grandson #4 who turns 1 year old today! Need to stop at Barnes & Noble also as we usually give the boys an outfit, a book and a check. Since his older brothers will turn 3 and 5 soon I hope to find outfits and books for all 3 of them. If I get lucky I can get some for their cousin who turns 2 soon. Thinking about the boys have brightened my outlook, coffee helped too, so I'll get a move on and get going.

MRoy
March 31st, 2016, 10:24 AM
Good morning! It's a rainy, windy morning here. I'm headed to the studio soon to do more quilting on the bowtie quilt. I'm not as pleased with my thread color as I thought I'd be. When I laid the thread out on the quilt it didn't look as dark as it does sewn into it. I think it's a little too dark, but DH likes it so I'm going ahead with it. Finished is better than perfect...right?

I'm making blocks for a batik Fence Rail Diamond charity quilt. Hoffman Fabrics donated strips of batiks to the guild and I'm using some of those.

Time to finish my coffee and get moving. Hope you have a great day!

mario1360
March 31st, 2016, 12:19 PM
good morning quilters, raining here also but it is a good rain, it is melting remaining snow...darn shingles are keeping me awake at night...Relaxing today, I hope you all have a relaxed day too.
Monique where is that auction??????

SewnByBee
March 31st, 2016, 01:04 PM
BRING ON THE COFFEE THURSDAY.......

It's gonna take a pot.... or two.....this morning...
It's damp and going to be stormy today.

I've had the best time with my g- friend, down from Mo. We even went furniture shopping. Found a couch, now to find the perfect rockers to rock the grand baby in.......a his and a hers, so we can rock or relax.
We had time with our families too. We are kinda like sister's, we've been friends for so long, we have done everything together, and now we are both expecting our first grand baby's together, hers in due in September. How cool is that. Our kids are really close in age. They grew up knowing each other and we have kept close even at a distance for some near thirty years. It's sad to see her leave. This always brakes my heart.😋........but I will not fret to much.......still.....very happy to have had our face time.😊😶💜💚💙❤.

Hope you all are well and have a blessed day.

Laugh, smile, enjoy, be hopeful, and happy.

.....................128536..........😉

JCY
March 31st, 2016, 04:31 PM
It's already afternoon. I've spent the morning baking DH's 2 loaves of spelt bread. The house smells so yummy of freshly baked bread. It was cloudy this a.m., but the sun is trying to break out. We missed the forecasted snow. It went N. of us. I heard Casper, WY got a foot of snow yest. Our Colo. mts. got snow. There were many accidents over Vail Pass & I-70 was closed for a while yest.

Surprise! Our rabbit had babies! I saw 2 little sets of ears peak out from under our shed this a.m. (These are wild rabbits that roam our city neighborhood. ) Then they ventured out just a little ways to nibble on the grass & enjoy the day. First time I've seen them. The resident rabbit had 2 kits last spring. I think they've taken up perm. abode under our shed. Since they seem to eat mostly the grass, we haven't done any abatement; it would be a lost cause anyway, because there are so many rabbits roaming our neighborhood. It's fun to watch them. Danger lurks in the sky, however. I saw a hawk fly over very low this a.m. Last year we had a feral cat get one of the rabbits & leave the carcass in our back yard.

I'm continuing my piecing work on Bonnie Hunter's Carolina Chain quilt. I have only a few blocks to finish. Then I will set aside the blocks to switch back to quilting a different quilt. I'm facing an April 26 deadline to have 4 quilts ready for the church baby shower.

Tomorrow I start PT on my L. shoulder. Not looking forward to the work involved with that.

My LQS is having a FQ sale; I plan to check that out, so I may break my resolve to use from my stash & not buy any more fabric! LOL

Bubby
March 31st, 2016, 04:34 PM
Hi...Checking in late today due to computer issues. Our storms have moved on and the sun is out. I washed windows and cleaned some carpet this morning. I'm worn out.

Wishing everyone a great day. Hugs....