PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday Night Owl @,@

kimsophia
March 31st, 2016, 02:15 AM
Hoot hoot to all owls! How are you? I have been doing some cross stitch Easter eggs. My buddy picked up his orthopedic shoes. I hope they help him because his job keeps him on his feet a lot. I'm also writing a Craigslist ad for him as his current roommate is probably moving to another town. The guy is a slob. I wonder how to put that in an ad...

So what's new?

Carlie Wolf
March 31st, 2016, 02:32 AM
Well, here I am. I picked up some kind of bug today and couldn't stay awake between 2 and 4PM and then again between 6:40 and 9:30PM. So here I am. A W A K E. So I'm working on a small project and thinking I should be tired again around 3AM. Hopefully I'll sleep until around 9 tomorrow morning and be able to have a "normal" day. But who knows.....at least I have a handy book ready.

Judy, USMC
March 31st, 2016, 03:04 AM
Took 2 naps today and still really tired. This weather has got me down. Was simply beautiful (when it wasn't raining) last week. Now it's cooled off a bit and we're expecting a frost warning by the end of the week. I just want to hibernate but that isn't getting any spring cleaning done. I've started but by the time I get my rear in gear again I may have to start all over again.

Neller
March 31st, 2016, 03:07 AM
Carlie I hope you sleep well tonight. I did absolutely nothing today. The day started off well: I was dressed before noon but I sat and watched TV all day, and nothing very edifying at that! Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

Have any of you sent your quilts out for long arm quilting? I talked to someone here about quilting mine, which is unintendedly king-size, and it is going to cost almost $300. Is that usual? I have several quilt tops needing quilting, but I can't afford that every time, and I can't afford a longarm machine either. I'm not sure how large a quilt I could do on my home sewing machine. Of course none of the other tops are that big so they won't be as expensive.

GaGa
March 31st, 2016, 03:09 AM
I'm up much too late again! Always makes my 9:00 class interesting when I do this! I've been working on a quilt for my grandson's high school graduation. I have all the blocks sewn together but when I got out the fabric I bought for the border, it's not good! Too much contrast and really takes away from the quilt so that dilemma is on my mind. I'm also leaving town Friday with my husband to go to a sheep sale in Illinois so that will put the brakes on my sewing for a few days! Hope you have a better day tomorrow Carlie! Think I'll head for my nest!

MayinJerset
March 31st, 2016, 04:16 AM
I'm AWAKE (sort of) and aching too, might mean it's damp or raining or I just did too much during the day. 128516
I agree with Judy as the change back to colder weather is making me want to hibernate preferably under some cozy quilts. Don't have a book or hand project to keep me busy so I might as well tackle the pile of mail on my desk. It's mostly junk mail destined for the recycling box but probably a bill or two that needs to be taken care of.

kimsophia
March 31st, 2016, 04:36 AM
I'm starting to make mistakes on my cross stitch so I'd better set that aside. I am modifying the pattern (famous last words!) to be more personalized so this will be a bit off the beam, but it's more fun to sew! I put my cousin, her new dog and I in one section of the sampler and next I will swap out some vague flowers for specific ones (tulips!) that are more of an Easter time flower here. I hope to fall asleep soon...

Mom23
March 31st, 2016, 09:16 AM
That seems a little high to me but maybe long arm quilting is cheaper here in the Midwest. I had two king size quilts custom quilted and I was charged between $175-$200 for each. I picked up a twin and two baby quilts yesterday and was charged $25. That LAQ uses the same pattern on all quilts so I have no choice but she's very reasonable.

Carlie I hope you sleep well tonight. I did absolutely nothing today. The day started off well: I was dressed before noon but I sat and watched TV all day, and nothing very edifying at that! Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

Have any of you sent your quilts out for long arm quilting? I talked to someone here about quilting mine, which is unintendedly king-size, and it is going to cost almost $300. Is that usual? I have several quilt tops needing quilting, but I can't afford that every time, and I can't afford a longarm machine either. I'm not sure how large a quilt I could do on my home sewing machine. Of course none of the other tops are that big so they won't be as expensive.