PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday Night Owl @,@

kimsophia
March 30th, 2016, 02:41 AM
Hoot hoo hoo, how are you? I got sick last night...I think it is because DH loaded my pill case wrong and left out a dosage, but maybe it was a virus. Or food poisoning. Anyway, I slept all day until 7:30 tonight. I made some rice so I had something bland to eat. The Bulls won tonight, as did the Warriors. I snuck outside in the dark in my jammies and cut some daffodils that are opening before the weather turns foul tomorrow. How's everybody else?

Hulamoon
March 30th, 2016, 03:31 AM
Sorry you got sick. Did you know you can freeze rice? I make a batch in a rice maker and portion it out to 1/2 cup servings. For a sore tummy the Japanese (my dh) mix it with green tea or miso like a soup.

Iv'e been more into plants then fabric these days.Maybe it will inspire me to do the leaf or tree quilt I was planning.

Judy, USMC
March 30th, 2016, 03:54 AM
Funny to hear about daffodils ... all mine have had their blossoms fade away already. The other plants are all up about 6 inches. Looking forward to lilies and calla lilies next. We're in that peculiar phase of the weather we go through every spring & fall; air conditioner on during the day and heat on at night.

Tree pollen is abating ... grass pollen is rising ... I'm investing in some Kleenex stock!

redcaboose1717
March 30th, 2016, 04:18 AM
Sorry you were sick !

Bubby
March 30th, 2016, 05:45 AM
I'm early-birding with you night owls. I just went through all my BLOCK mags and made notes of future projects on sticky notes. It saves me having to flip through all of them.

We are supposed to get some severe storms today with high wind and large hail. Around here you learn to take weather reports with a grain of salt and wait and see what comes.

Sorry you have been sick, Kim. Hopefully today you will feel better.

Heading back to my nest...thanks for letting me stop by. Hugs......

kimsophia
March 30th, 2016, 06:12 AM
Thanks for the good wishes. I do feel better, just not 100%. I'm supposed to drive my buddy to the special shoe/prosthetic insert place at one so I'll try to get a nap in now. When I feel better I want to cross stitch a pretty easter egg section of my sampler...good night!

rike
March 30th, 2016, 06:13 AM
Dear all,
from a bright morning in EU all the best, speedy recovery, respectively some good antihistamines. I am already on mine since January as we had a mild winter, if any to speak of.
I am already trying to get decided on my Indigo project, which pattern to use, so I can start with that. So thinking, pondering, looking and gauging in the best possible way.
Have a good night / day - depending on your biorhythm...

MayinJerset
March 30th, 2016, 07:18 AM
6am so it's Good Morning to all. Had a strenuous workout at PT yesterday so I fell asleep really early last night, woke up about midnight for a potty call and then back to sleep until now. Also being bothered by the increase in pollen in the air.

No flowering bulbs pushing up through the soil unless I count the many wild onions that abound in the front of the house foundation planting area. Last Spring we put down weed blocker fabric and tons of mulch but those little suckers are back.
Ornamental pear tree has bloomed and faded so the only flowers we have right now is a big potted snowball plant DS#1 gave me for Easter. Need to find a good shady spot to plant it. Don't have big gardens any longer but keep big pots of annuals by the front entrance and on the backyard deck so it's time to plan a visit the nursery.