PDA

View Full Version : Patty Duke has died - only 69 years old - 3-29-16

JCY
March 29th, 2016, 10:08 PM
I saw on the eve. news that Patty Duke died early this a.m. I googled info. on her death. She had a ruptured intestine & developed sepsis. Years ago she moved to Coeur d'Alene, ID, my DH's home town, so we have followed her story. I remember her movie about Helen Keller. She wrote 1 or 2 books. One book was about her struggle with mental illness. She was bi-polar, which went undiagnosed for many years. Once she went on medication, things in her life went much better. Her last marriage to Michael Pearce was her happiest. They just celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary.

jjkaiser
March 29th, 2016, 10:38 PM
I know, I saw this obit too. I was a big fan of the Patty Duke Show, I thought it was so cool that she could play two parts. Next best thing to being an actual twin. RIP Patty.

Kgrammiecaz
March 30th, 2016, 12:02 AM
So sad to hear. I was a fan too.

kensington
March 30th, 2016, 12:04 AM
I'm so sad about this. She is a lifelong favorite of mine. She was so entertaining.

stationarymom
March 30th, 2016, 02:04 AM
R.I.P Patty
I used to watch the patty Duke show when I was just a kid.

Bubby
March 30th, 2016, 05:48 AM
She will be greatly missed. I loved her show.

MayinJerset
March 30th, 2016, 06:55 AM
Always liked her, saw her a long while ago on Broadway - think it was in a revival of Oklahoma.

easyquilts
March 30th, 2016, 08:58 AM
She was an amazing actress.... I always enjoyed seeing her...

Cathy F
March 30th, 2016, 11:13 AM
Very sad, too young.

JCY
March 30th, 2016, 09:44 PM
I just read the article in the Coeur d'Alene, ID Press (under Local News) about Patty Duke's death, which was from sepsis. Apparently sepsis is a much overlooked problem & causes quite a few deaths. Many times the cascade of symptoms & infection progress too rapidly to be caught & treated in time.

redcaboose1717
March 30th, 2016, 10:40 PM
I always enjoyed Patty Duke's movies. So sorry to hear of her death. I didn't realize she had been married for 30 yrs. The movie Helen Keller movie was a good one. I also remember the movie that Patty played the role of the teacher Annie Sullivan, and Melissa Gilbert played the part of Helen Keller in the Miracle Worker as well.....both were good movies.