PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday, the 29th of March

Monique
March 29th, 2016, 08:42 AM
Good morning dear friends. It is a beautiful sunny start here today. Yesterday was a dreary rainy day. Greg and Ashley have now made it to Winnipeg safely, thank you all for the prayers.

I had my MRI yesterday and it will be a week or so before my Dr. gets the report. I am tired of my knee being sore. Oh well, there are people worse off then I am so I shall not complain any more. I left early yesterday, wanting to go to Value Village but I DID NOT buy any flannel sheets (I just have too many already) but I did buy a small package of zippers and a cross stitch lap quilt. I have never cross stitched before but I am sure it can't be that hard. I do know how to embroider.

My friend Lynda is bringing me her serger this morning. I am going to try this baby out. I have never used one before so another learning curve coming up.

I also NEED to wash the living room floor as it is really dirty. Hubby doesn't know how to use a mop (well, really he does, but chooses not to).

On Thursday I am meeting my brother for lunch and he is bringing me my Christmas present. He bought a vintage sewing machine in a garage sale last year and it was in a cabinet. WELL, I have no room so he built a portable base for it to sit in. It is beautiful. I can't remember what kind of wood he used but it is gorgeous. I will get some pictures and he rewired another cord for another sewing machine. I need to finish his row from the row by row and his wife's placemats. All they need is to be quilted so I can do this by Thursday, right?

I had a lovely conversation with Grammakim last night. She sounds so much happier since she moved.

Well friends, I have kept you long enough. Have yourselves a GRAND day and SMILE!

Bubby
March 29th, 2016, 09:39 AM
Morning Everyone,

I'm working on a scottie dog project that's dear to my heart today. Will post pictures when I'm done.

Today is my last day to care for the neighbors' cats. Overall I think they have done well. They sure ate everything I put out for them. I sing Warm Kitty to them every day (from Big Bang). Three of the four come out to greet me now.

We have leftovers from Easter so I don't have to cook tonight...yah! I can sew all day!!

Wishing everyone a stellar Tuesday. Hugs....

Lyndaj
March 29th, 2016, 09:45 AM
Good morning,

The sun is shining, but it's quite cold here.

Have to share my exciting news. Yesterday, I free motion quilted (for the first time ever!) my first Leah Day block of the month block. So excited. Nowhere near perfect, but a whole lot better than I thought it would turn out.

Also, tomorrow, I will driving 1 hour to my not so local LQS to take a Binding Star Quilt class. Should be awesome.

Have a great day everyone.

Lynda

MayinJerset
March 29th, 2016, 10:59 AM
Tuesday all day, plenty to do so I better get started. 128375

URIBARRI-MAYOR
March 29th, 2016, 11:04 AM
Hello everybody, good for me is like a Monday because he was party yesterday, My DH did not work and my granddaughters with their parents, so today is the beginning of a rather short week, Safe Monique likes cross stitch is easy and fun but not so fast that the patchwork, I did many things for many years, quilts for babies, blankets, bibs and more but since Ive entered the world of quilt that has been left out, but will like hope see some of his work. I wish you all enjoy the work they are doing and command smiles for everyone

rebeccas-sewing
March 29th, 2016, 11:45 AM
My day will include mulching a flower bed, taking a friend (broke her foot) to run errands and painting woodwork. Joe put the magnets on my sewing room cabinets last night and also hung my peg board. Yay!!! We actually got a bit of rain yesterday. Always welcome around these parts.

Have a wonderful day, everyone.

JCY
March 29th, 2016, 11:55 AM
Good morning, All ~ I made good progress yest. with cutting more fabric & making several more blocks for the Carolina Chain I'm working on. This morning, the first order of business is to clean the shower--one of my least favorite jobs! Ugh. It's cloudy, but it's supposed to warm up just before the next rain/snow storm on Wed. We're in that yo-yo pattern of March weather. A year ago on this date we had a record high temp. in the 80's. The weather patterns can be very fickle this time of year.

I hope everyone has a good day.

SewnByBee
March 29th, 2016, 12:47 PM
Hello friends,
Today I hope to finish putting my work space back together......Lol.....my new set up ....... NOT.....Working. So, I hope I can get it kinda fixed better........ so frustrated, the lack of space is getting the better of me and my work too.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.....HUGGS....Prayers..... Blessings....

...................... 128381