PDA

View Full Version : Last Monday in March

Monique
March 28th, 2016, 09:03 AM
Good morning. That's right, it is the LAST Monday this month. Where is the time going?

I had a good/sad Easter. Greg, Ashley and Rider arrived Saturday and left yesterday morning around 9:30. I fed them a big breakfast as a send off. I did have a kodak moment but it wasn't too bad. I always cry when Greg leaves. This Momma is a real softy. I would appreciate if you could take a few moments and pray for their safe journey across Canada, thank you.

I did a little sewing yesterday but my heart just wasn't in it. I did straighten the sewing room a little.

Today is going to be a terribly wet day. Heavy rain expected. I have my MRI this afternoon. I am hoping Les doesn't want to come with me, as I want to do a little shopping. (wink, wink)

So on that note, y'all have a great Easter Monday.

Connie Jo
March 28th, 2016, 09:08 AM
Don't feel bad. I have a son that lives 8 hours away. I can cry when he goes home too.

Bubby
March 28th, 2016, 09:15 AM
Morning Everyone,

We had a good Easter weekend and a nice meal yesterday. I'm glad to be out of the kitchen and back in the sewing room. Today I'm going to goof off. I have to make a trip to the bank and feed the neighbors cats and that's about it. They will be back home tomorrow night so I'm almost done kittysitting.

Monique, I'm praying for a safe trip for your family and also for you. Good luck with your MRI today.

Has anyone heard from boB??

Wishing everyone a great day.....

MayinJerset
March 28th, 2016, 09:30 AM
Yes, March is almost over and hoping it goes out like a lamb like the saying goes. Monday too, so back to everyday activities. 128300

DH and I went out for Easter dinner with DS#1, we were surprised that there was no wait at Outback. Restaurants we passed along the way there didn't look overcrowded either so I expect most people had dinner at home or at family or friends. I had suggested local Italian place but DS#1 felt like steak and DH wanted to use the Outback gift card he's had since Christmas. I enjoyed the salmon, so tender and juicy, and mixed veggies. Even had dessert with my coffee, a slice of cheesecake that was so big I took half home. Suggested the guys also have dessert as there was only graham crackers at home so DH had a mini chocolate parfait.

Safe trip for Greg and Ashley, and doggie too, across Canada.

grannyann
March 28th, 2016, 09:32 AM
Love your picture. Going to snag it if you don't mind.

MayinJerset
March 28th, 2016, 09:36 AM
No problem, I snagged from someone else.

Bubby
March 28th, 2016, 09:43 AM
We all snag cute things from each other. I snag from Blondie all the time.

Ginny B
March 28th, 2016, 10:03 AM
Good morning all. It's a rainy one here but yesterday was pretty nice. We had dinner in Brooklyn with my two eldest boys and then ds#1 came back out with us to spend the week. He and my granddog will be kitty sitting for us while we are on our trip to GA. We leave early tomorrow morning. So my day will involve one more load of laundry, packing and deciding what hand sewing project to bring with me.

Have a good day everyone

MayinJerset
March 28th, 2016, 10:15 AM
Ginny, Have a Great Trip.

Jean Sewing Machine
March 28th, 2016, 10:26 AM
Good morning! Easter was not very exciting here. A friend I was planning on spending some time with was ill, so that was cut short. It started raining about 2, so rainy afternoons mean nap time to my brain! Then a friend and I started messaging opeach other on FB, she lives 2 miles from me and we were both alone, so i went over to her house and we gabbed for 3 hours! Man, that gal can talk! But it was good to be with her! We worked together for several years 20 years ago, been good friends ever since. She is newly widowed, we talked about both of our husbands' situations prior to their deaths, we haven't had a good chat about that yet, so it was good to have a chance to air out those feelings.

Monique, I know how sad it is to have the kids move far away. I must have cried every day for over 2 months when I found out my youngest was moving 1000 miles away with my grandkids who I had been so close to since they were babes. I cried last Wednesday as I left their house, seeing my grandson wave goodbye. It's tough, but almost every family goes through it.

I have a lot of sewing projects I could be working on, just need to get started. Quilts, wallets, a tie, favors, lots of things! Must kick myself into gear to get back to the sewing room! Have a great day!

Navy Wife
March 28th, 2016, 01:07 PM
We had a busy weekend. Saturday was DH's 82nd birthday. DS#2 and DDIL came over with birthday cake he had baked and decorated. Sunday both sons and DILs were here for dinner that they prepared. I'm getting a little spoiled. They have done so much to help while DH has been recuperating from surgery.

Today is DD's birthday. She is 59, and I don't know where the years went. She's near St. Louis, so I won't get to see her.

DH is slowly recovering from his back surgery, but still has some pain, and tires easily. I do feel more comfortable leaving him for short periods to get groceries or run errands. He sees the Dr. Wednesday to get staples out. I think he will be more comfortable then. He's able to take care of himself mostly. I still stand by for showers, and help him get dressed. He has made lots of progress in the past 3 or 4 days.

Back to work. I'm cleaning out closets and getting rid of as much as possible. I'm tired of having stuff fall on my head! I need to cut out a baby quilt for great grandchild #6. I should have time to put it together this week.

Cathy F
March 28th, 2016, 01:46 PM
Good afternoon all,
As you can see by my greeting I got off to a late start today. Not much planned for today, one of those lazy catch up days after a busy one.

Easter was a very nice relaxed day. Had made all the food the day before and just had to heat the spiral ham in the morning. We had our son, daughter-in-law, and grandkids for dinner. Sent them home with some leftovers, and we will have some for dinner tonight, no cooking, yay!

May get in the sewing room for a bit, as we have a rainy day here so I plan on staying in the house. It also seems like a good day to curl up with a book and hot cup of tea, we'll see which one wins out!

rebeccas-sewing
March 28th, 2016, 02:31 PM
The weather on Easter Sunday was about as good as it gets - sunny skies and cool breezes. I spent a good deal of the day working in the yard on my little garden - laying down weed paper and mulch and cleaning up the yard. It sure does dress up the garden adding mulch. Hopefully, it will keep down the weeds. Joe worked on a new wooden gate for the side of the house.

Debating whether I should tackle refurbishing our patio set or send it out to professionals. Cost will be the main factor. I'm anxious for a quote to come back so I can make a decision. I'd like to replace the set. It might actually be cheaper to replace it.

A bird has built it's nest in our fruit cage that we use to pull fruit from the trees. It's fun since I can pull down the cage and get a very close view of what's going on in the nest.

Very quiet without our girls here to celebrate Easter. Happy to see the church packed.

SewnByBee
March 28th, 2016, 03:38 PM
Monique...... said shopping..... Retale therapy..... fix for sad heart ♡.....I need some too.....Lol.

We had nice weekend, but I'll tell you, we need a three day weekend, to feel like we had one......just so much to do......

Hope you all a a blessed week. ,Hugs and prayers.........

SallyO'Sews
March 28th, 2016, 07:30 PM
Ruh-roh... Guess it's time to get the last of the Christmas decorations out of my breezeway... :0 :icon_rolleyes: :icon_shake:

quiltingtrish
March 28th, 2016, 10:56 PM
Monique - I'll say a prayers for safe travels for them.
Ginny - prayers for a safe trip for you too.
The latest saga in my doctors appointment. Showed up and they said they had been trying to get a hold of me, the doctor called in sick. It takes me 45 minutes to get there and I took half day off. Argh. Said my phone #, they couldn't leave a msg. Come to find out that I couldn't even connect to my voicemail. So I went in to the Verizon store - the guy said it was never set up. Uh, yes it was and I need it back. So, now I go Thursday morning - another half day off.
Dad is home after a week in the hospital. My sister and I spent most of the evening cleaning his house - he thinks the dust made him sick. Uh nope, a broken up gallstone that turned to 'sludge' caused him to be sick. Plus the dust was hardly even there since I mostly dust every week when I'm there.
Sad day today - one of our elementary teachers that was diagnosed in the fall with stage 4 lung cancer passed away this morning.
She was in her 30's, I believe, and leaves her husband and a small daughter behind.
Prayers for those that are asking as I head off to bed. I hope everyone has an uneventful evening.
EDIT - how did I almost forget? DH and I celebrated 29 years of marriage today. Well, we enjoyed about an hour together tonight as it sure turned out to be a long day.

Cokie
March 29th, 2016, 12:37 AM
Took today off work so I had a 4 day weekend - a mini vacation, which was sorely needed. It was a cloudy, gloomy, rainy day here. I did some laundry, baked cookies, cleaned out my freezer, and read a book. Oh, and watched a little baseball. Back to work tomorrow. But it was a nice break while it lasted.