PDA

View Full Version : Emily Update!!!!!!!!!!!! Again?

janluna
November 25th, 2011, 02:34 AM
Having spent the evening with my son and his family for thanksgiving, we found out some bad news. It seems Emily spiked a fever up to 202.3. She was rushed to the Hospital to see what was causing the fever. Even with tylenol it would only go down to 101. We were told there was no bacteria causing the fever so it must be viral. Of course antibiotics don't work on viral. She had to tough it out herself. &nbsp;It lasted until last Thursday and finally broke that night. They did new blood draws and her ANC level is 1000 usually. Not normal but it's her new normal since they decreed she had gone into remission. It was up to 4200. They said this was good, she must be fighting it on her own. Platelets and red cells were low. Next draw this Monday. Her platelet count was so low, they are wondering if remission is gone. They are making her wait until 10 more days go by and will do another blood draw. If it is still low or lower, she will be sent in to have another bone marrow biopsy. Ok. It's getting scary again. As I sat there tonight and watched her and listened to her play the violin, tears were in our eyes. She is so good for an 11 year old. She belongs to a fiddle club. So she played 4 pieces of music. Then she moved on to a couple of contemporary pieces. Then she played 5 classical pieces. I couldn't help asking God what is going to happen to her. She is so gifted. Is He going to take her back? Is He going to let us keep her here for a while longer? Is she an Angel sent for just a little while. My husband had to get up and go into the bathroom to hide his tears. He was asking God what? Too.<br>So again, I have to ask you please, for prayer for my darling girl. We are so scared. I went to the kitchen and held her Mom in my arms and we both just cried. Laura, her sister, has taken up the cello and has already moved up to using her bow. She is 8. And Sarah, she is 5, is taking ballet. Laura wouldn't play for us yet. She said when she was better she would. Sarah danced for us. And they sang for us. There will be such a hole if something happens. Please hold her in your hearts and ask for a healing. I love you all. Who else would I turn to but my quilty sisters and brothers. Thank you and God Bless you and our Emily. She has changed and grown so much. I will get a new picture of her for you. She is looking more and more like a tween. She has that gangly, almost 12 year old ( in January) going on 18. Thank you for listening. Hugs, and prayers for those who are fighting disease, problems, hurts, and fear of the future. Love, Jan

janluna
November 25th, 2011, 02:53 AM
Sorry for this posting twice. I tried to delete it but it won't leave. Jan

mitzs
November 25th, 2011, 02:58 AM
Sending prayers of strength, love, & healing for all of you. Go get some rest Jan. It has been a long day. Tomorrow will be brighter. Hugs.

phoots
November 25th, 2011, 03:09 AM
I've included Emily in my prayers. I've asked that she be surrounded with the White Light of the Holy Spirit for healing. Be as positive as you can be! Positive thoughts help...trust me! Love and Hugs! Pam

Gayle8675309
November 25th, 2011, 03:48 AM
I have prayed for Emily and I will continue to do so. I am praying for you also.

Bubby
November 25th, 2011, 05:10 AM
Jan...So very sorry to hear this. I have kept Emily and you and your family in my prayers and will continue to do so. There is power in prayer....so we keep praying and believing. Keep the faith, Hon. Love, Barb

Klasien
November 25th, 2011, 05:41 AM
Oh Jan what a sad story, I am so sorry, I will keep you and your whole family in my thought!

Take care of yourself and try to get some rest, you will need it!!

Love,
Klasien

rebeccas-sewing
November 25th, 2011, 06:15 AM
Very sad to read your post this morning, Jan. Having trouble holding back my tears. Keep us posted. Try to stay calm and make sure you stay busy. Sitting and worrying only does you harm.

stitching woman
November 25th, 2011, 06:54 AM
Jan so sorry to hear the bad news. Emily and the whole family will be in my heart and prayers take care of you and keep us posted sending hugs your way.

a1angiem
November 25th, 2011, 08:51 AM
oh jan! that poor little tot - all those blood draws. she is so brave and definitely you all will be in our thoughts and prayers. this is a very difficult thread to read as we are all feeling your pain and share your tears....
big hug...
- angie

mianmom
November 25th, 2011, 08:53 AM
Jan, Emily, you and your family are in my prayers.

MRoy
November 25th, 2011, 09:23 AM
I will keep Emily, you, and your family in my prayers.

Monique
November 25th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Jan, I don't know what to add here, to what has been said already. Your faith, love, strength and courage will get you through this. Of course you and your family are in my prayers. Sending lots of hugs.

Shannon
November 25th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Thoughts and prayers with you and your family Jan...sorry poor Emily has to go through this.

mamaquilt
November 25th, 2011, 07:23 PM
I'll think of Emily and your whole family! Hope everything will turn out good. Greetings and prayers from Luxembourg

Patrice
November 25th, 2011, 08:27 PM
Oh Jan. She is in my prayers for sure. I can't even imagine what you all are going through. May God hold all of you in his heart. Blessing

Mrs.Sew&Sew
November 25th, 2011, 08:37 PM
Jan,
Please don't feel bad about telling us the truth. I know I can say that OUR GOD HEALS and I know that when 2 or 3 are in agreement so it shall be done! I believe that Emily can and will be healed. Just know that I am sending up prayers for her and for you and your family to be strong for her! (((((HUGS)))) to you my friend!
:icon_bigsmile:

inspired
November 25th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Jan; I feel your fear and pain and hope all the positive thoughts coming your way will help ! It sounds like Emily has a lot of strength in her. Warm hugs to you all...Val

Divine Daisy
November 25th, 2011, 09:24 PM
Jan, am thinking of you and yours and keeping fingers crossed. Am not a religious person but there is a saying Ray Allen used to use which always stays with me:- May your God be with you.

I think that says it all. Offers hugs which i really do believe in.

janluna
November 26th, 2011, 01:00 AM
Thank you for the prayers everyone!!! We just need that to keep her in God's light. I believe in the power of prayer. I believe she can be healed too. So, that is why I asked for prayer again. And will again, if she needs it. I'm not afraid to beg! Hugs and love to you all, Jan

quiltingtrish
November 26th, 2011, 01:12 AM
Oh Honey - you aren't begging, you just know in your heart that prayer works in the power of numbers.
I went to visit my girlfriend today and on the 2 hour drive home, thought of Emily and prayed for her and then I come on and see this. She is in my daily prayers these days and you are too.

HUGS,