PDA

View Full Version : Emily Update!!!!!!!!!!!! Again?

janluna
November 25th, 2011, 02:32 AM
Having spent the evening with my son and his family for thanksgiving, we found out some bad news.
It seems Emily spiked a fever up to 202.3. She was rushed to the Hospital to see what was causing the fever. Even with tylenol it would only go down to 101. We were told there was no bacteria causing the fever so it must be viral. Of course antibiotics don't work on viral. She had to tough it out herself. It lasted until last Thursday and finally broke that night.
They did new blood draws and her ANC level is 1000 usually. Not normal but it's her new normal since they decreed she had gone into remission. It was up to 4200. They said this was good, she must be fighting it on her own. Platelets and red cells were low.
Next draw this Monday. Her platelet count was so low, they are wondering if remission is gone. They are making her wait until 10 more days go by and will do another blood draw. If it is still low or lower, she will be sent in to have another bone marrow biopsy. Ok. It's getting scary again.
As I sat there tonight and watched her and listened to her play the violin, tears were in our eyes. She is so good for an 11 year old. She belongs to a fiddle club. So she played 4 pieces of music. Then she moved on to a couple of contemporary pieces. Then she played 5 classical pieces. I couldn't help asking God what is going to happen to her. She is so gifted. Is He going to take her back? Is He going to let us keep her here for a while longer? Is she an Angel sent for just a little while. My husband had to get up and go into the bathroom to hide his tears. He was asking God what? Too.
So again, I have to ask you please, for prayer for my darling girl. We are so scared. I went to the kitchen and held her Mom in my arms and we both just cried. Laura, her sister, has taken up the cello and has already moved up to using her bow. She is 8. And Sarah, she is 5, is taking ballet. Laura wouldn't play for us yet. She said when she was better she would. Sarah danced for us. And they sang for us. There will be such a hole if something happens. Please hold her in your hearts and ask for a healing. I love you all. Who else would I turn to but my quilty sisters and brothers. Thank you and God Bless you and our Emily. She has changed and grown so much. I will get a new picture of her for you. She is looking more and more like a tween. She has that gangly, almost 12 year old ( in January) going on 18. Thank you for listening. Hugs, and prayers for those who are fighting disease, problems, hurts, and fear of the future. Love, Jan

janluna
November 25th, 2011, 02:51 AM
I'm so sorry this posted twice. I don't know how I did that. Some weird letters showed up so I tried to edit it but it posted it again anyway. Sorry, I'm just not thinking straight tonight. Forgive me. I tried to delete the weird one. Don't know what I did wrong especially since I only wrote this only one time!!!!! Weird!!! Jan

BellasQuilts
November 25th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Jan, we are holding Emily up in prayer and surrounding her with a white healing light. Sending you big cyber hugs, dear! Wish I could be there in person to give it to you. Never give up or give in, miracles happen every day.

Loonwatcher
November 25th, 2011, 02:57 PM
Jan, I am praying for Emily and the rest of the family. Such a difficult thing for you all to keep going through. Emily certainly sounds very tallented. {{{JAN}}}}.

Hugs,

janluna
November 26th, 2011, 01:57 AM
Thank you both so much. I know I keep asking, and I don't want to be bothersome but I believe in my heart you all have kept Emily here with your prayers. She knows about all the people praying for her and is amazed that that many people care for her. But she says without all that prayer, she wouldn't be here. So, she knows that good thoughts full of healing is on the way. I get to sit with the girls tomorrow so my son and his wife can take a break and talk to adults and have dinner and fellowship. God Bless you for helping, thank you. Hugs, Jan

ginampls
November 26th, 2011, 09:02 AM
Oh Jan, I am thinking of you, and Em, and all......I am praying for strength. and healing..i love you....

Nena
November 26th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Jan----I am soooo sorry to hear of this challenge for you and your family. Your family sounds so wonderful. My heart is very heavy for all of you. I will add you and your family into my prayer list. Love and prayers create miracles!!!!! Hold in there and take one day at a time. Know that you and yours are thought of and loved!!!!!

RFREE
November 26th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Jan, Your post has brought tears to my eyes. The pain and heartbreak you must be going through.My DD is 13 and I cannot imagine her going through something like this. I am so sorry she is having to go through this. Big hugs and all our prayers for you and your family during this most difficult time.I believe in miracles. Don't ever give up.

HandsOffItsMine
November 26th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Jan, Don and I feel so much for the pain you and the family are going through. Know that we will be saying special prayers for Emily and hope that this is something she can fight off as she's getting stronger.

Love, Ruby

quilter.martha
November 26th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Jan--I have been praying for Emily and haven't stopped even when you told us about her remission. Hold tight to your faith, God is in control.