PDA

View Full Version : It's Good Friday today

Monique
March 25th, 2016, 06:02 AM
Good morning friends. Work is all done and I am glad the week is over. The weather was nasty yesterday. Started as snow, changed to rain, changed to freezing rain, changed to ice pellets, changed to freezing rain and so on and so on. Crazy for sure. I do have to go to town later today or maybe I will wait until tomorrow.

Greg, Ashley and the new dog are coming tomorrow as they start their trek across Canada. I will be very sad to see them leave. I might just cry.

Not much to report around here.

Have a wonderful EASTER with family and friends. Enjoy and be safe!

redcaboose1717
March 25th, 2016, 06:07 AM
You too Monique.....

Bubby
March 25th, 2016, 06:38 AM
Morning Monique and Everyone,

Wishing everyone a blessed Easter weekend. We have small plans because we will soon have family visiting. We have to work in Cuba tomorrow so I need to get my Easter menu organized today.

Monique, your weather sounds awful. We were under a freeze warning all day yesterday. It was so cold and windy all day. More of the same for today I'm afraid.

Hugs all around and special prayers and wishes for our boB.

KarenC
March 25th, 2016, 07:52 AM
Have a blesses weekend. Waiting on repairman to come fix the oven today. Other than that, just Easter services and quilting a top that was donated for the Shrines raffle.

URIBARRI-MAYOR
March 25th, 2016, 07:59 AM
Today is a holiday in my country, businesses are closed and people travel on vacationsuntil Monday it is still party, a little vacations, today the day is a little cloudy but not cold, so you can walk well and a snack, very typical thing in my country, yesterday came my little daughter and her family for a week in the snow, Im most peaceful, and the other came in Sunday, I wish everyone enjoy these day celebrating the Easter family and have a nice day, smailes and greetings

Cathy F
March 25th, 2016, 08:18 AM
Morning all,
For some reason couldn't sleep, woke up around 4 am and was wide awake. Busy day doing some prep work for Easter dinner. Even though I say I'm going to keep it simple it still involves cooking!

Received my rotating mat that was the daily deal about a week ago. It is really nice and I'm glad I took advantage of it. It was an excellent price. I have a small 6" that I love for small projects so I know I will get plenty of use with the 12" one.

Last night was my last class for this particular course I teach. It was a beginner's class and they had to create a decorated cake. It was fun watching them and they all felt they accomplished what they set out to do. I get a week's reprieve and then the next course starts with new students.

Still haven't gotten back in the sewing room except to straighten it out a bit. I have my quilt retreat coming up in April so I really want to decide what projects to do and get my things ordered. Four days of uninterrupted sewing, I should be very productive (I hope!). Lake George should be much warmer the end of April than when I usually attend in November. I'm really looking forward to it.

Hope everyone has a good weekend. Prayers for all who are ill and hugs for those who need a few extra. Off to get a cup of coffee and get a jump start on my day.

shermur
March 25th, 2016, 08:43 AM
Good Friday! This is the first time since I was in school, that I have the day off and paid! My new company is very Christian hearted and I was so blessed to hear we were treating this day as a holiday! The owners of the company are way more compassionate than what I had given them credit for.

But, this weekend will be so busy. We won't get to spend time with family and family like we have over the years...no one invited us for anything planned. Ashley and Conner have moved up north and is starting their new life. I'm planning on attempting to have a garage sale tomorrow....and now that there is an empty bedroom? Setup a sewing/quilting area again....maybe the garage will get uncluttered!

Ginny B
March 25th, 2016, 08:49 AM
Good Morning and Happy Friday. Dreary day out there. Monique, sounds you had some real nasty weather. Hope it improves for you.

Going to be a busy day at work. I'm on vacation next week so everything needs to be set in order. We will be heading down to GA to visit my son and his gf and see their new house. We will be celebrating Easter with my step-daughters and their hubbies and the grands tomorrow afternoon and then on Sunday I'll head into Brooklyn and pick up my eldest son and grandpuppy who will be here taking care of our cat while we are away. I'll probably make lasagna for Easter dinner so tomorrow I will have a lot of preparations to make besides packing.

Have a good day all.

Jean Sewing Machine
March 25th, 2016, 10:18 AM
It is cold here in St. Louis, but the sun is shining. Hope it warms up! I am wearing my warm "North Country" clothes from Lake Placid and Massena. My pear tree is blooming gloriously! I was a total slug yesterday except to do a couple of loads of laundry and going to Holy Thursday Mass last night. Today I am itching to dig into my wonderful fabric buys I got while in Canada visiting GrandmaNan. And i do want to get some fabrics for this quilt.
You'd think I could dig fabrics from my stash for this, but I think I want to use the Jinny Beyer palette because I need 6 coordinates from light to dark and I like this enough to want to love the colors for it! Think I might make it with a black background with some blues and purples. Couldn't use a black quilt in the past because I had a shedding blonde cat, the one I did have a quilt that had a black background and had to lint roll it 3 times a day to keep it from turning white! Gave it away!

Have a great day!

SewnByBee
March 25th, 2016, 10:55 AM
Good Morning.

Hope you all traveling will be safe and have a wonderful time with family and friends. My friend from Mo. will be coming down. I can't wait to see her, it's been two yrs, since we took a trip to Florida. I would love to go back this year. The beach is one of my, no, it is my favorite place in the world ......lol....I think it's good therapy...... Beach Therapy. You could call it, a good place for an attitude adjustment.

Be blessed my friends.
Wishing the sick , get wells....
Huggs to anyone who needs them.

MayinJerset
March 25th, 2016, 11:51 AM
Moving real slow today but got to get moving for PT at noon, hate to miss my sessions.

Good Friday is a solemn day made even more so this year as I received the sad news that a gal in my small quilt group passed away and another gal is in the hospital. peacefully in her sleep. Saying prayers for Lorraine and Sue and their families.

JCY
March 25th, 2016, 11:58 AM
After our big snow storm on Wed., I plan to venture out this a.m. to the groc. store. Still a lot of thick slush in our driveway entrance, but I think it has melted down enough that I can plow through it without damaging the spoiler on my sedan. At times like this, I wish I had a higher profile vehicle. I want to get to the store before all the Easter shopper crowds.

Yest. I made a sample sandwich for the latest quilt. After I get the binding strips sewn together, I'll get started on sandwiching & FMQ this quilt.

Sunny skies this a.m. I hope everyone has a good day & a good Easter. He is risen!

MayinJerset
March 25th, 2016, 03:44 PM
Moving real slow today but got to get moving for PT at noon, hate to miss my sessions.

Good Friday is a solemn day made even more so this year as I received the sad news that a gal in my small quilt group passed away and another gal is in the hospital. peacefully in her sleep. Saying prayers for Lorraine and Sue and their families.

Made it in time for PT. Very nice warm sunny day. We enjoyed it while we could as air feels moist and dark clouds are moving in so rain must be on the way. Just glad it isn't snow and icy conditions like some forum members are dealing with.

Roads and jug handle turns were packed with cars, everyone seems to be scurrying to get their Easter shopping done. We stopped at a newly opened Tim Horton's for coffee and DH and I shared a dozen of Timsbits doughnut holes, they came in the cutest little box. They were pretty good and didn't leave an aftertaste like DD"s doughnuts do so we may pick some regular size doughnuts in the future. First time I've seen a Tim Horton's in Jersey. We often stop at one in Rhode Island when we're on the way to visit DS#3 in MA.

mario1360
March 25th, 2016, 04:39 PM
Good Friday is indeed a sad and special day but there is hope ahead....

judimccl
March 25th, 2016, 08:24 PM
Happy Easter to you, and all my forum "friends." :icon_wave:

quiltingtrish
March 25th, 2016, 11:26 PM
Yes, Happy Easter to everyone. I am still running around back and forth to and from the hospital but Dad is doing better and is scheduled to go home Monday. He is getting antsy after being in there since Monday. He is eating 3 meals a day which is much more than he usually eats at home. My sister thinks his 'schedule' at home will change but after a week of a normal getting awake at 6 AM and sleeping through the night - I think it won't take long until he is back to his regular routine of getting up around 1 PM, grabbing a banana for lunch, eating dinner at 8 PM, and sitting in his chair most of the night watching tv off and on. He heads to bed around 6 AM. Hey, if that's what our 90 year old father does, that's what he does.
My new machine is still in the box, but at least it's out of my car and in the house. Not sure when I'll get to try it out. Can't wait until summer when I'll more time to play with it.
The weather here is sure beautiful - I love early Springs and wish the same for everyone especially those that are still seeing the white stuff.
I did get the blood work problem all worked out and have my appointment on Monday to get the meds resubscribed for Monday. I'm sure work won't be too happy that I am taking a half day Monday but at least I am off before the state testings start the 2nd week of April. By the time the testing is done (takes about 2-3 weeks), everyone is relieved because we get tired of hearing 'oh, the kids are so stressed (well, quit mentioning they are stressed and maybe they won't be so much), and then you have to read the rules over and over again to the point where it gets redundant, you can't give any clues whatsoever to help them on the tests and they get to the point where they just circle an answer to get it over with. I really don't think they give an accurate result as to where the kids stand on their knowledge cause there really are a lot of them that just circle answers. We have to walk around and make sure they are not sleeping and are trying their best. Talk about boring. By the end of each day, we walk out glad that day is over. Of course I am with the learning support kiddos and there are a few who will do anything but look at the test. Any little thing distracts them so I am looking forward to the end of April when most of that is over with.
Well, I am beat. Tomorrow is another day - still smiling, that's for sure!

MayinJerset
March 26th, 2016, 03:28 AM
Hang in there Trish, Dad will be home and following his routine, your meds will help you out and the test weeks will soon be over and summertime off from work can't be far behind.