PDA

View Full Version : going to hide today

asta
March 24th, 2016, 10:20 AM
I think I will lock myself in my sewing room for the day.

Already had a busy day--snow cleared, refrigerator emptied and airing out-it still stinks and we have tried everything so thought we would empty it out and let it sit open to see if that helps-beds stripped and sheets in dryer so soon it is me time for most of the day.

I am rather anxious to begin my Starry Nights quilt.

shirleyknot
March 24th, 2016, 10:56 AM
Wipe that fridge down with baking soda/water, as much as you can get to dissolve in warm water, then immediately spray with vinegar. Let it sit a couple hours, then wipe it down again with water.

Simply Quilting
March 24th, 2016, 12:03 PM
Sounds like a wonderful plan to sew all day.

Andrea F
March 24th, 2016, 03:25 PM
I think I read somewhere that putting a open box with coffee in the fridge takes ugly smells away. Maybe it's worth a try.

SAS
March 24th, 2016, 07:19 PM
Try using mouthwash to wash it down with. My aunt had a rental and thought that they would have to get rid of the fridge it was so bad. Tried everything and finally it was the mouthwash that worked.

redcaboose1717
March 24th, 2016, 08:03 PM
I was just going to suggest what shirlyeknot suggested to get the fridge clean and great smelling. After you do that, put a NEW box of Baking Soda in the fridge ( I always put it in the very back of the fridge, and I always cut the complete top off too. I change my Baking Soda a little more often than most people do, I change it about every 1-2 months. When I change it, I then pour the "OLD" baking soda( 2-3 teaspoons ) down all the drains in the house....and follow that with about 1/2 cup of vinegar for each drain.

shirleyknot
March 24th, 2016, 11:03 PM
I have a rental. Its amazing the stinks they can leave behind in a fridge.

Lori63
March 25th, 2016, 01:21 AM
Hope you had wonderful day locked in your sewing room!

Patty J
March 25th, 2016, 12:07 PM
My older refrigerator had a drip pan under the frig that had collected who knows what and it dried out, but left a smell that was awful. Cleaned that with vinegar and sprinkled baking soda and it helped a lot. Good luck. All the above suggestions work great.