PDA

View Full Version : I want! QuiltCut

mitzs
November 24th, 2011, 03:02 PM
It will have to wait till next hear, but I think I am going to get one of these!

http://www.quiltcut.com/

Gayle8675309
November 24th, 2011, 04:23 PM
That's an interesting tool...never seen that before.

Loonwatcher
November 24th, 2011, 04:42 PM
that's new. But I'm a cheapskate, don't know if I'd pay the price for it. But it does give me an idea - I have a drafting table with a sliding horizontal ruler that I could put my cutting mat on and use the cutting rulers in conjunction with the horizontal ruler.

thanks for sharing the site.

Julie Tweed
November 24th, 2011, 05:12 PM
I have one and don't much like it apart from keeping a normal ruler straight when cutting. The adjustable arm thing doesn't do it for me and is a bit of a nuisance. It ended up being just a glorified cutting mat with two edges to keep the regular ruler from moving too much.
If I push the ruler into the edges it doesn't move like it would on a normal cutting mat.

It is handy..but I've not been able to control it like in the video.

Sandy Navas
November 24th, 2011, 10:26 PM
Behind the scenes my dear friend Cyndi and I made a deal - and with a lick and a switch, a twist and a turn, a gift and a share, eye of newt and tongue of lizard, I now have the QuiltCut2 by Altos. Cyndi said she had only used it a couple of times and insisted she didn't have room for it. I have used it multiple times and I like it but like Julie said above the adjustable isn't my cup of tea. Nor do I find the measuring arm (the metal ruler) all that accurate. For cutting straight pieces and strips though it has really helped me 'get my game on'. I do like the way you can fold your fabric and clamp it into place.

mitzs
November 24th, 2011, 11:42 PM
Hmmm, might have to think on it more then. Which I have time to do anyway. Thank you everyone for all the input. :)

Sandy Navas
November 26th, 2011, 10:20 AM
MITZS you are more than welcome to drop in anytime and use mine to see how you like it. I was so impressed by watching the demos at the quilt show recently. Sometimes the hands-on is the best way to go though. For instance, I am left-handed and luckily for me the board is set up so the guides can be reversed. That made all the difference in my comfort using it. I'm glad I have it, but I would sure hesitate before spending the full price they ask. Also, there is a yahoo group where I have seen some advertised, so keep your eyes open there. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SewItsForSale/

Monique
November 26th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Personally, I would not spend the money on it. Could buy lots of fabric for that price.