PDA

View Full Version : it's finally here!!!!

bubba
March 22nd, 2016, 12:55 PM
Today is 3/22, so that means it is field trip day to quilt shops and lunch out w/the girlfriends!!! I've been waiting for two weeks for it to get here and it seems like forever!

MayinJerset
March 22nd, 2016, 01:07 PM
Happy for you. Girlfriends, lunch out and quilt shop visits - perfect way to spend a day.

Simply Quilting
March 22nd, 2016, 01:19 PM
Sounds like a ton of fun! Have a great time :)

Lori63
March 22nd, 2016, 01:42 PM
Yay!!! Have fun!

mommadeb
March 22nd, 2016, 01:45 PM
Have a fun day!

Andrea F
March 22nd, 2016, 02:42 PM
Sounds like a perfect day! Have fun!

Hulamoon
March 22nd, 2016, 05:49 PM
That sounds fun! That's how I felt when I found about our quilt show. This place is so tiny nothing ever happens here.

KarenC
March 22nd, 2016, 08:00 PM
Hope you had a great day

bubba
March 22nd, 2016, 11:20 PM
Just made it home!!! We headed south, stopping at the shop that is closing by the end of the month. Everything there was 35% off and I managed to help them out some. Next stop was a couple miles down the road....got nothing. Next stop was lunch. Had a great lunch...brisket, potato salad, corn bread and my friend has onion rings. It was not until we had left that I learned in her religion (Greek Orthodox) that they do not eat meat during Lent!! I did find it strange that she ordered onion rings and nothing else.

Anyway, after lunch, we drove to a small town that has a great variety store with a HUGE selection of nice quality fabric. I have been there several times, but she does not get out. As we were getting out of the car, I noticed my purse felt light. NO WALLET!!!! I had left it on the counter at the restaurant, which I have never done before! They found it as soon as we had left, but we were already gone. It was safely tucked behind the office waiting for me when I got back, which meant I made no purchases at that shop either!! Back to the restaurant we went, got my wallet and we were on our way.

Went to a shop I have been to several times that I know all of you would be amazed by. Needless to say, we were there for at least two hours! She was absolutely dumbfounded, as I was the first time I went there. I'm lucky it is about 30 miles from home, or I'm sure MM would boot me to the curb!

Looks like I somehow landed a once a month job teaching a bag of the month. I believe it will be starting next month. I will be teaching for a nominal fee and providing the hardware kits for a great price. Still not sure how this came about, but if you live in the area, let me know and we can get you the info in case you want to drop in.

My doggies are now pooped and I'm watching Wheel of Fortune! and waiting for MM to wake up for dinner in about 30 minutes.

GaGa
March 22nd, 2016, 11:56 PM
Sounds like you had a glorious day! So glad you found your wallet!

stationarymom
March 23rd, 2016, 12:58 AM
Sounds like you had a really fun day.

Hulamoon
March 23rd, 2016, 02:04 AM
You made dinner after all that? I would of picked up take out!

Glad you had fun!

bubba
March 23rd, 2016, 03:05 AM
You made dinner after all that? I would of picked up take out!

Glad you had fun!

No I did not make dinner!!! On even numbered days, it's his job and the odd days are mine. He made this rule up because we could never decide, so he decided since his birthday is the 6th and mine is the 27th, he got even and I got odd. I let it be known that when there are 31 days in the month, I expect to be taken out to dinner on one of those nights because having two days in a row is not fair to me.

Anyway, we had leftovers!

bajasadie
March 23rd, 2016, 07:45 AM
Days like that are special, sounds like fun, if I were close I'd happily take your class. Thanks for sharing!