PDA

View Full Version : Jean!! I have a garment question.

Pandabear
March 22nd, 2016, 11:10 AM
My sis is here for a mini vacation and we are having a blast. We decided to try and sew a small loose tunic type of thing and she found a really pretty knit (at Hancocks....I only have one more month before they leave me forever!)

My question is, what kind of thread do I use?

Thanks in advance!

Jean Sewing Machine
March 22nd, 2016, 11:38 AM
I think you can use regular Coats and Clark thread, I'd say poly or poly wrapped cotton ( or is it cotton wrapped poly?). I'm vacationing and am not near my thread collection right now.

shirleyknot
March 22nd, 2016, 11:48 AM
Yes, thats what I would use too.

Jean Sewing Machine
March 22nd, 2016, 11:55 AM
I have gotten this wonderful deal 2 different times from JoAnns of an 80-100 spool case of Guterman threads, one was in a flat case and the latest in a 4 sided spinning tower, 80 threads plus case for $79 plus some off. It is great to have all the colors and a nice place to store the spools!

I think they only offer this once a year, I got mine on a Black Friday deal. It's great if you do a lot of garment or bag sewing and need small amounts of a lot of colors. This one was advertised on eBay for $149. Still a good deal as the spools would be under $2 each.

Pandabear
March 22nd, 2016, 12:04 PM
I have gotten this wonderful deal 2 different times from JoAnns of an 80-100 spool case of Guterman threads, one was in a flat case and the latest in a 4 sided spinning tower, 80 threads plus case for $79 plus some off. It is great to have all the colors and a nice place to store the spools!

My sister-in-law picked that spool case up not long ago. I may have to go over when she's home from work and raid her thread :)

Thanks ladies. I'm off to someplace to find thread.