PDA

View Full Version : Hoot hoot! Monday Night Owl

kimsophia
March 22nd, 2016, 02:29 AM
Hoooo's awake? I am but I really feel like crawling into bed. The Bulls won tonight! I made a wild rice and chicken casserole that was a hit. I did not do any sewing but I want to get to Jo-Ann's by Wednesday to use my 50% off thread coupon. What's new in your nest?

Judy, USMC
March 22nd, 2016, 02:46 AM
OK - So I didn't see a thread started - and I started one. By the time I wrote it and posted this was already posted. I went back & edited my duplicate thread. Here's my original:

Hoot - Hoot! There was a chill in the air today and outdoor work was put on hold.

Started spring cleaning. Since the kitchen got done when the fridge went fritzy last week I decided the dining room would be next. It's been a while since the glassware inside the china cabinet was washed. That's what I did until my fingers got that shriveled white look. Moved on to dusting the "collectable" dust catchers. Tomorrow I may scrub the walls and decide whether to paint or not.

So am I going to get banned from the tree for mentioning spring cleaning?

Granny Judy
March 22nd, 2016, 03:05 AM
Let's throw that Spring Cleaning right up there where everyone can see it!!! and when you are done.. head on over to MY tree... I wanna paint and rearrange my room... bedroom, sitting room, large walk-in closet (sewing room). I think painting is on the "list". too!

Allergies struck and I've been surviving on Benadryl and carrying a box of tissue with me all day. Started putting together the20/30's vintage (hand sewn) blocks left to my daughter/s from their Great Gram Sadie and Great Aunt Lillie (fathers side) I've starched , ironed and squared up the blocks to 6 inches.. got the white 6 inch blocks sewn to each one... now to start the next "put it together" stage... rows

Then, because I was running out of patience, but still wanting to sew, I started the curved Log Cabin blocks.... I also did a bit of hand sewing this week end..

Neller
March 22nd, 2016, 03:31 AM
I'm headed to bed soon, but thought I would check in. I haven't done any sewing the last few days. The Hubs and I have been binge watching The Americans. It's the only show I have ever watched in which I did not like the main characters because they are Soviet spies in America during the early Reagan years. I keep hoping they'll be caught, but it wouldn't be much of a show if they did get caught and sent off to prison. Maybe that's the way it will end! We have been streaming seasons 1-3 on Amazon, and season 4 is currently airing on FX if you have cable. Tomorrow though I am going back out to my sewing studio and work on that danged border. If we want to use it in the RV this year, I need to finish it and send it off somewhere to be quilted (which is going to cost an arm and a leg as it's pretty big!). Good night all!

kimsophia
March 22nd, 2016, 04:20 PM
Hoooo's awake? I am but I really feel like crawling into bed. The Bulls won tonight! I made a wild rice and chicken casserole that was a hit. I did not do any sewing but I want to get to Jo-Ann's by Wednesday to use my 50% off thread coupon. What's new in your nest?

Well I went down to Jo-Ann's on this 59 degree day and I had my list of DMC embroidery floss numbers that I need and my 50% off all thread coupon and what do you know? Embroidery floss is not thread. So, no purchase. I think the cashier was surprised that I wouldn't pay $2.14 but I'm in no hurry. This project is so far back in the line of projects I've got on the list that I can wait! :D