PDA

View Full Version : Giraffes and other creepy-crawlers

SallyO'Sews
March 21st, 2016, 12:32 PM
Overheard during snack time in DD's Kindergarten Class:

T: "When my mommy was lookin under my bed, she saw lots of insects and spiders..."
R: "I do NOT like spiders very much. They are NOT my favorite animal."
T"...so den she just had to get rid of my mattress, cuz there was lots of animals in dere."
R: "You mean like giraffes? Were there giraffes in there?"
J: "NO! She just means like insects!"
R: "If I was in that house with some spiders, I'd just get outta there!"
U: "Me free."
J: "Not me. I'd jus smash them."
R: "But then they might try an EAT me!"
J: "WHAT?!? Spiders can't eat you! They just can't even be big enough to eat humans!"
R: "Oh yeah! .... Sounds like you just need a vacuum."

Well, that's a relief... :lol:

alliek
March 21st, 2016, 12:36 PM
Kids are so funny, I love to listen to conversation between little ones! The first thing my kids principal said to the parents of incoming kindergartners (many, many years ago), is this : "If you believe half of what they say about us, we will return the courtesy to you", and that was so true. You gave me a smile today, thanks.

songbird857
March 21st, 2016, 06:44 PM
R: "You mean like giraffes? Were there giraffes in there?"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
My brain is just waaaay too visual.

stationarymom
March 22nd, 2016, 01:46 AM
I love these posts.Norma all I can see right is spiders and giraffes.

MayinJerset
March 22nd, 2016, 08:52 AM
I love these posts.Norma all I can see right is spiders and giraffes.

Me too! That giraffe is hard to miss as it's legs are sticking out from under the bed.

bajasadie
March 23rd, 2016, 07:56 AM
My grand kids are 3, 4, (girls) 7 & 9 (boys).....I feel so so good after leaving them-always something to smile about. they keep me feeling young!

HandsomeRyan
March 23rd, 2016, 08:16 AM
Kids are so cute.

(2 y/o) Wiggles loves to kick one of his shoes off when he is in his car seat. Yesterday I asked him "Who took off your shoe?!" and he looked over at his 4 month old baby sister who was sound asleep strapped into her car seat and replied enthusiastically, "Baby Daisy took my shoe!"

SallyO'Sews
March 23rd, 2016, 01:13 PM
Kids are so cute.

(2 y/o) Wiggles loves to kick one of his shoes off when he is in his car seat. Yesterday I asked him "Who took off your shoe?!" and he looked over at his 4 month old baby sister who was sound asleep strapped into her car seat and replied enthusiastically, "Baby Daisy took my shoe!"

And so it begins... :lol:

quiltingtrish
March 23rd, 2016, 11:16 PM
So cute!
Ryan - better to have a shoe taken off than have your brother unbuckle you in your car seat. That one upset me. I was heading uptown and pulled over. I made the boys get out and sit on some steps so they could think about what could happen. They were pretty upset that I did that. When they got done thinking, I put them back in their car seats and told them if it happens again, that the next trip to Chuck-E-Cheese would not happen again. They sure didn't like that idea and they never unbuckled each other again. They were about 3 and 4 years old.