PDA

View Full Version : Monday, the second day of Spring

Monique
March 21st, 2016, 07:44 AM
Good morning friends. It seems like I have been away for a while. We met up with Jodi half way yesterday and Maizyn was reunited with her Mommy. I think she was real happy to go home. We had a great week, did not do much of anything, Maizyn did not want to go to any museums. We did see half a movie on Tuesday. And we did some work on her Butterfly quilt. She ran the foot pedal and helped pick out fabrics for two more rows.

I am working all this week, today in Shawville and the rest of the week at that little post office in the church. Friday and Monday are holidays. AND then on Monday I have my MRI. That was extremely fast getting that appointment. This is for my right leg (the good one) that is so sore these days. Doctor says it is a tendon problem. After this week, I shall go see about physiotherapy.

Greg and Ashley are supposed to stop in here on Saturday, I think, as they start their trek across Canada. He is returning to Victoria, BC for the next phase in his Navy career. So this Momma will be having a kodak moment for sure. Les and I are talking about doing this ourselves (driving across Canada) in September as it will be our 35th wedding anniversary. The more we talk about it the more we are getting excited. I have never been passed Ontario. We will sleep in the van and live like hippies he says. How fun does that sound? I told him I would scope out the fabric stores along the way. LOL!!

So that is it in a nutshell.

Have a wonderful day friends.

MayinJerset
March 21st, 2016, 08:07 AM
Light snow falling that has already covered the lawn and deck - could this be March's last breath of Winter? Poor little bulbs that began to flower as they will probably freeze and die.

Monique, Trip across Canada sounds like fun. I would check into motels/hotels for sleeping and it couldn't hurt if there are fabric shops nearby. We've visited eastern and western Canada but never the middle, it should be an experience to see the land changes from one coast to the other.

Ginny B
March 21st, 2016, 08:36 AM
Good morning everyone. I am sitting here looking out at my backyard covered in soft snow. I guess this will be the last time we will see snow until winter returns later this year. The weekend was a very emotional one. We are thinking about selling our house in Brooklyn and someone came to look at it. The reality of it set in. My parents bought the house in 1962 and so many memories were made there. It was a rough couple of days but I slept better last night and am ready to face Monday. I am excited to be looking at a week getting ready for a trip to Georgia to visit my son. We will be heading down there the Tuesday after Easter and looking forward to a relaxing and fun week.

But today it's off to work I go. Lots to get set before vacation there too so it will be a busy week. Taking one day at a time. Have a great one all.

Lyndaj
March 21st, 2016, 10:11 AM
Good morning,

I hope everyone is well. Monday, well I'm going to start by going to my first Yoga class in at least 6 years. DH and I joined the gym last week for two reasons. 1. I need to cross train (I'm a runner and I have found that just running means weaknesses in other muscles) and 2. DH needs to rehab his shoulder following surgery in January. He's only allowed to use a recumbent bike, but considering he's a runner and hasn't been able to run for months, it's cardio at least!

After that, I should move to my sewing room and start the FMQ for the Leah Day Block of the Month. I have all three blocks pieced, but haven't FMQd yet.

Have a great day everyone.

SewnByBee
March 21st, 2016, 11:46 AM
Good Morning.

Well, we had a grate baby shower. Baby Reese is off to a nice start. We're going over to help wash, sort, and get things organized today.That way K can relax about these things being done. It's spring brake for both of them.
(My kids) So this is a perfect time to complete setting up the nursery.

I'll have to say it turned out fine but OMG, I don't want to do planning with these girls ever again.��.........not to much fun.......

She did get a few made gifts, I'll get pictures and share latter. She didn't know that her dad and I decided on grandparent names, when she opend a book we had signed and dated, bless her, she busted out in tears, with joy.
I wasn't expecting it to be a BIG DEAL. ☺
She was just so happy.....I love this girl so much. Still can't believe she has grown up and about to be a momma. Already.

Michael and I celebrated 24 yrs☺. Sat as well. They had already picked the shower date before realizing, that it was our anniversary. We may take a trip, crude, or something special, next year for the 25. We have been very blessed. He's been my everything but most of all, my best friend. We didn't have it easy, but we had what we needed, so I feel like that's what matters most. ☺❤☺Lots of love in our lives, our family, our little world.

The first day of spring feels more like winter here, ??????

Hope you all have a grate week. Be blessed.

Hugs and prayers...����������....keep smiling.:icon_wave:

MayinJerset
March 21st, 2016, 12:01 PM
Glad the shower went well and the mom to be enjoyed all the gifts, especially your gift.
Belated Happy Anniversary Wishes.

toggpine
March 21st, 2016, 01:26 PM
Packing up to head home after a nice weekend at the beach. I'll have to look at the calendar for next year and book our next set of mini-cations.
Hubby is starting to get antsy. I had better get the last of everything lined up for him to load in the truck!

rebeccas-sewing
March 21st, 2016, 01:30 PM
Your plans sound like fun, Monique. Hope the docs can help give you some relief.

dwil23
March 21st, 2016, 03:53 PM
Monique that sounds like a plan! My best friend from high school and I vowed we were going to do that before we got married and life got in the way. It never happened and now it never will :-( . If you do, you must post pictures along the way so that we can live vicariously through you and Les!

Bee, Happy Anniversary! I know you are anxious to meet your first grandbaby. Your daughter is beautiful and looks so happy!

To everyone - enjoy winter's last hurrah! A long hot summer is ahead.....

Have a Blessed day!

cv quilter
March 21st, 2016, 04:54 PM
Bee, Congratulations on a successful shower! Sounds like it all went so well. Nice pic of your daughter. Congratulations, too, on 24 years with your best friend. You'll be ready for a nice celebration when 25 rolls around. Have fun with the sorting and thanks for giving us the update on the shower. I was wondering how it all turned out.

kensington
March 21st, 2016, 06:02 PM
This was the first day of Spring here... LOL

Today.. Sunshine, chimes ringing, green peeking out all around.

Bubby
March 21st, 2016, 06:53 PM
Good Afternoon,

I've had a super busy day and just found time to slow down a bit.

Monique, I hope all goes well with your MRI.

Bee, your DD is so beautiful and looks wonderful pregnant. Glad the shower went well. Happy Anniversary to you and your dear Hubby!!

I will be feeding and changing litter boxes for our neighbors 4 cats for the next week while they travel to Louisiana for Easter. That will be a new thing for me.

I have to start cooking something for our dinner. I think it will be tostadas tonight....something easy and quick.

I hope everyone is well....hugs......

Neller
March 21st, 2016, 08:04 PM
I'm getting a promotion.....I'm going to be a Grandma

Bee, I got my promotion last year! It is so wonderful! Our little Sally B (Sally Barbara) is going to be 10 months old on Thursday. She is the cutest little thing going. Congrats on the next great phase of your life!