PDA

View Full Version : A week of dress up!

Wwena
March 20th, 2016, 09:41 AM
This week has been really intense! On thursday evening I was at our town's yearly gala event, where prizes for different things (such as most prominent citizen, best innovation, most corageous act etc) were awarded. The company I work for sponsors the prize for Digital Innovation and I and a couple of collegues went to the gala. My boss (our CEO) was also there, presenting the prize to the winner. It was a great evening and so much fun to dress up and admire all the other guests. My dear co-worker Carina and I were even caught on camera arriving. :0

Bildspecial: Örebrogalan - vinnare och minglare - Örebro - www.na.se (http://na.se/nyheter/orebro/1.3670754-bildspecial-orebrogalan-vinnare-och-minglare#silp_uid=9nANdBUu2eUQXTmHH1aiAnMRw6b)

(Carina in the front, me in the back.)
If you look closely you can see my pink linen handbag, which I made specifically to go with the dress. It was a really easy design, but it didn't look it - that's the kind we like to make, right? ;)

Today was another kind of dress up-day: Birthday party masquerade for my 7 yr old. This is me just before the guests arrived.

For some reason more kids than usual wanted their parents to hand around for a while... Go figure. :D

Time to go to the Easter fair and then put my sewing stuff back in the dining room so I can finish the quilts I'm working on!

MayinJerset
March 20th, 2016, 10:30 AM
Looking good - You have been having fun dressing up for the different occasions.

bajasadie
March 20th, 2016, 11:44 AM
Love your red locks! Mine faded, my grand daughter used to say, "0h my grandma with the red strip in her hair".... She loved it! Today is Spring, maybe to get my mojo going I need to get some color! Thanks for sharing, have a great week. Isn't it awesome that across the globe we are able to share so easily .....love that!

Wwena
March 20th, 2016, 11:55 AM
I recommend getting a wig then, it won't fade. :D If I wasn't so gray (I had my first gray hair at 24!) and didn't have to dye it as often, I'd love to get really red highlights. As is, I have to settle for a wig. :)

rebeccas-sewing
March 20th, 2016, 02:15 PM
Cool photo! You look so glamorous and so scary at the same time. hahahaha Cool wig!