PDA

View Full Version : Hooting for the weekend @,@

kimsophia
March 19th, 2016, 03:01 AM
Ugh, I'm tired...I had to get up to get my buddy to the dentist at 8 a.m. as it was the only appointment time for two weeks. He'd broken a filling. So, I took an hour and a half nap and got up at 7 a.m. I did got back to sleep from 9:30 to 4 in the afternoon.

What a goofy NCAA tournament! I'm doing okay in the CBS bracket challenge (25 out of 32 right), although I had picked Michigan State to make the finals in all four different brackets. Dang Dick Vitale! He said they were his pick to win!

I got to Jo-Ann's tonight to use up some 60% off coupons. My buddy came along as he has good eyes. He spotted some cute buttons, and picked up some embroidery floss numbers, and picked the closest red fabric to my biscornu's red. They should be fun to assemble but I need to review some tutorials on finishing them.

So how's are all the other owls? Happy birthday, Toggpine! :D

CraftyJnet
March 19th, 2016, 05:26 AM
Hello and Good Evening! I'm up playing with my new machine. I think I am too excited to go to sleep - I feel like a kid at Christmas :)

Carol336
March 19th, 2016, 06:00 AM
oooooh.....a new machine.....fun fun fun!!!!

Been up since 3:45. Made 2 breakfast casseroles yesterday for DH's mens breakfast at church this morning. I had to get them out of the fridge by 5 and in the oven by 5:30 to be ready for him to take with him at 7:00. So of course my eyes flew open at 3:30 and I was that was the end of my sleeping for this night - good lord!!!!

DGD, Parker Mae, is coming over this morning for a candy making morning with Grammy. This time we're making Oreo Truffles. I'll be sending most of them home with her and freezing the rest for Easter dinner. Looking forward to a fun time with this sweet girl.

Judy, USMC
March 19th, 2016, 07:02 AM
Everyone is being so productive with shopping, sewing and cooking. I haven't been to sleep yet ... and didn't have a nap either. My head is achy and nose is runny. Looked outside my kitchen window and my dogwood is blooming. Looked out my front door and my white car is yellow and Steve's red van is orange.

Pine pollen season has started - and I'm allergic to that stuff. Guess I'll have puffy raccoon eyes and become a mouth breather for the next week or so. Sewing off my list for now ... maybe I'll entertain myself by looking at patterns...

toggpine
March 19th, 2016, 12:56 PM
Thanks for the birthday wishes!

We were having a bit of trouble connecting to the WiFi here at the beach last night. Sorry I missed you all. It sounds like you were very productive! In hope Craftyjnet managed to get some sleep so she can play with her new machine again today!
We brought the truck so Em & Dad could bring the bicycles. I didn't have enough room for the sewing machine and I don't currently have a hand sewing project. So I brought a ball of yarn, some hooks and a book on how to crochet. I wonder how big of a mess I can make with that?
Until then, I'll enjoy my coffee while watching the waves roll in!